So how bad is the host selection? This bad.

polarity

hYi8a3C.png

At least 2 players seeing so much lag and/or packet loss from the host selected by the game's servers, that selecting 'EXTRACT' after 5 waves wasn't registered by the host at all, and one gives up before 10 and force-quits the game, while another has to wait until 10 waves and the host to extract, to extract and get rewards.

This shouldn't be happening.  Move the must-send data over to TCP, so when it's not getting through, it gets resent until it does, and force migrations to better hosts before it gets anywhere near this bad, or players have built up large amounts of rewards that could be lost.

Edited by polarity

I had something dimilar happen to my a while ago on the Plains after we did a Tridolon run.

But as annoying it is in that moment, if you think about it, stuff like this happens quite rarely nowadays. DE is continually improving the communication between the different components. They also improved the amount of progress that is saved in case of a major problem.

DE simply isn't a AAA developer even if Warframe often get's thrown into the ring with AAA products. There is no doubt that there is room for improvment, but I think DE is doing what they humanly can.

The only thing I see are a 3 people group where one wants to extract at 5 while 2 didn't choose and a chat with a fourth person who is complaining about a laggy run.

This complaining person isn't in your group anymore and there is no indication that the missing person just typed it. It could be runs ago (up to almost 2 hours).

Your ping also is just 54ms

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

I had something dimilar happen to my a while ago on the Plains after we did a Tridolon run.

But as annoying it is in that moment, if you think about it, stuff like this happens quite rarely nowadays. DE is continually improving the communication between the different components. They also improved the amount of progress that is saved in case of a major problem.

DE simply isn't a AAA developer even if Warframe often get's thrown into the ring with AAA products. There is no doubt that there is room for improvment, but I think DE is doing what they humanly can.

Sorry but I don't get the point of your post. You're not discussing the topic, and you're throwing unrelated non-facts around.

The point of the Feedback forum, is well, to give feedback. More often than not you write about something that doesn't work properly or need improvement. What's the point of coming in here and say "it's better than before so don't complain" ?

Also the whole "DE are a small company leave them alone" attitude is hurting more than it helps. It is irrelevant in pretty much any discussion. We're giving feedback about the game and how it plays, it's not the player's job to figure out how much dev time each improvement involve. The players are in a position to tell, from a game play perspective, what is good and not so good, let the devs figure out the technical details around it.

Giving feedback about the game is not the same as criticizing DE, it's not a personal attack on the people working there. It seem way to common to see people like you show up and try to "defend" DE when there is no need to. There is no attack here.

If AAA doesn't fit, then we can call them AA if you want, but those things don't matter. It's not a contest, people expect games to work, whether it's developed by thousands of people or a guy in his garage.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb O2D3nTe:

"it's better than before so don't complain" ?

This is not what I said, in fact, it's literally the contrary.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb O2D3nTe:

attitude is hurting more than it helps

Well, you didn't understand my first point either, so it's not suprising you also don't get the latter part...

If there is anything not helping at all, it's the sense of entitlement and unrealistic expectations of people like you.

Feedback also needs to include positive feedback. This aspect was completle missing in the OPs point. The whining of people like you will only force the dev to close the project since they (rightfully) won't be intersted in catering to douchebags like you anymore, who only complain and spit on them no matter how much effort they put into their product.

It's most likely pointless to answer you, since you seem to be as smart as a pet rock, but anyhow:

16 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This is not what I said, in fact, it's literally the contrary. 

3 hours ago, Walkampf said:

You either have memory issues, or you're straight up lying. Anyways it's not working on forums, we have written proofs, you can only pull that S#&$ in face to face conversation if the other person isn't listening.

19 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If there is anything not helping at all, it's the sense of entitlement and unrealistic expectations of people like you.

Except that I didn't even comment on OP's problem. I was answering exclusively to your post, where are the entitlement and the unrealistic expectations ? You're assuming things. As far as unrealistic expectations go, I've been playing games for a long time, and I'm a software developer myself, so I know what other games offer, and I at least understand the implications of the changes we're discussing.

21 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Feedback also needs to include positive feedback.

No, not necessarily. It can, but doesn't have to. You can have an entirely positive, negative, or mixed opinion about something.

22 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

The whining of people like you will only force the dev to close the project since they (rightfully) won't be intersted in catering to douchebags like you anymore, who only complain and spit on them no matter how much effort they put into their product. 

That's not how the world works, that's how you imagine things in your head. Anyways, as I said in my previous post, offering feedback in the feedback section of the forum is not an attack on DE, it is the intended purpose.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb O2D3nTe:

You either have memory issues, or you're straight up lying. Anyways it's not working on forums, we have written proofs, you can only pull that S#&$ in face to face conversation if the other person isn't listening.

What I said was

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Walkampf:

But as annoying it is in that moment, if you think about it, stuff like this happens quite rarely nowadays.

To rephrase, I'm not arguing that it does never happen, I experienced it myself. I said it happens rarely, not that it does never happen. So much for people not listening.

As for the rest of your nonsense, if you want PM me and i can explain to you why you are really bad at being a humand being. No need to pull this topic even further off topic than you already have done.

Failed extracts and lost loot may happen rarely, but rubber-banding and doors not opening for several seconds after you walk up to them (over 10 seconds in that mission), are all symptoms of the same root issue, that is easily fixed, namely packet-loss, because of a host being selected that does not posses the required upload bandwidth to send all the required data to 3 clients at once.

More and more people will try to run the game off a mobile phone connection, with questionable reception, because data packages are becoming more affordable, in addition to the problems wherever wifi is on the same channel as everyone else's router in the neighborhood, or too many devices are using one wifi-AP at once (like in any household with multiple phones, tablets, and IoT devices).

The options for fixing this are really very simple:

• Provide those who know that their connection is bad, and don't want to be host because they know they are going to provide a bad experience for other players, a means to stop themselves from starting a public game as host, only waiting to join as client.
  • Where multiple game clients are seeing signs of consistent packet loss from the same host, allow them to demand a host migration.

Those aren't by any means major development undertakings, to fix the root cause of an issue that has plagued the game since its release (which was rushed for a deadline, and with no expectation that the game would succeed past several months), and which is becoming worse as the game content increases the number of enemies present at once, the amount of loot dropping at once, and the number of shots being fired from weapons at once.

You say the problems are rare.  I say you're wrong, and that's because having run game servers since the original DOOM, and having to limit player numbers to available bandwidth, I am familiar with all of the signs of packet loss, and I am seeing them more and more frequently in newer, more intense content like PoE bounties, ESO, and Fortuna.  On PS4, where the player's budget gaming system (compared to a PC), is likely to be teamed up with a budget internet service, rubber-banding is a regular occurence in those missions.