Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna - What do they do with the body parts?

Shikkoku

So Corpus take away the body parts of the Solaris people. 

My idea is that, Corpus they make Crewmen from the body parts... so Crewmen isn't Corpus luke Alad V and Nef Anyo but androids, and they make them like that because it's cheaper like that... as they only care of profit. 

With this, the "rarely seen by others and are better known for the robot proxies that serve for them." would make more sense. 

And maybe that's where the Solari heads went... Crewman boxes... (What's in the box?!) 

Opinions?

12 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

What rank are you with SU?

Rank 0, I just finished the Vox Solaris quest, and I didn't spend any more time on Fortuna/Orb Vallis

so I assume it will turn out if I get higher ranks with SU

Edited by Shikkoku

Corpus that you see on the battlefield are Purpose-Bred, and grow up in basically Cult Training facilities. They're brainwashed hoards, though some retain some level of personality.

The Solaris body parts being sold off are probably administered to Corpus on the battlefield as Limb Replacements for when they get an arm or leg blown off, or it might be purely for higher level Corpus like Frohd Bek, who had his Larynx replaced (The joke being his change in Voice Actor, apparently).

Edited by Tangent-Valley

1 minute ago, Shikkoku said:

Rank 0, I just finished the Vox Solaris quest, and I didn't spant any more time on Fortuna/Orb Vallis

so I assume it will turn out if I get higher ranks with SU

Part of your post will be answered and we shouldn't spoil it.

Still, we have no answer for body parts like legs and arms. But, as someone tells you, "there's a market for that".

And, Frohd Beck sometimes says " Ah, I haven't felt this good since they rebuilt my larynx ". He never specifies, but it's quite possible that the body parts that are harnessed in Fortuna are used for transplants to rich Corpus people.

But not to create Crewmen. We see some hundred people on Fortuna and millions of Crewmen. The Corpus could never field that army by harvesting Fortuna inhabitants.

I guess Its a corpus way to live forever. I.e. by replacing old body parts with the hot and new..

for grineer, they live forever by attaching mechanical part to their decayed body.

for the orokin... its continuity. I.e. stealing the bodies of a child

The only ones that were born immortal are the sentient... but then again  they can reproduced, which purpose is somewhat countered by immortality. I guess thats why the orokin didn’t want to build them in the first place.