Does Link Armor Mod work with Octavia's 3 Buff?

(PSN)skorpio_ink

Question

Title. I did some research online but couldn't find an answer. When Octavia activates her 3 to gain the extra armor buff, does this also give an extra buff to my Kavat if I have Link Armor equipped? Or will the Kavat share the buff even if Link Armor is not equipped? Mostly wondering if Link Armor is a waste of a mod slot in this given situation? The invisibility buff works on the Kavat, so I feel like the armor would too without the Link Armor Mod but am too much of a noob to know how to test it out. 

Thanks in advance for the help

1 answer to this question

13 minutes ago, (PS4)skorpio_ink said:

Title. I did some research online but couldn't find an answer. When Octavia activates her 3 to gain the extra armor buff, does this also give an extra buff to my Kavat if I have Link Armor equipped? Or will the Kavat share the buff even if Link Armor is not equipped? Mostly wondering if Link Armor is a waste of a mod slot in this given situation? The invisibility buff works on the Kavat, so I feel like the armor would too without the Link Armor Mod but am too much of a noob to know how to test it out. 

Thanks in advance for the help

According to the wikia:

Octavia and her allies gain an 10% / 15% / 20% / 35% Armor bonus while inside the melodic aura

So with that in mind, I'd assume that linked armor would apply to whatever armor you have before the buff, then the buff would add to that. 

Again, that's an assumption.

Also, if the wikia is up to date, there's a fixed armor rating that companions cannot pass. I'm going to safely assume you won't reach that if you're using Octavia, but thought it was worth the mention.