Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Iron Skin

Peter

It would be great if it had the same Warding Halo feature, when you lose the iron skin you have 3 second of immortality, as the Rhino buff can not be reactive while the whole effect fades, and in high level missions you die before get the opportunity to reactivate because they have to wait for the whole effect to end.

Please do this.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter said:

It would be great if it had the same Warding Halo feature, when you lose the iron skin you have 1 second of immortality, as the Rhino buff can not be reactive while the whole effect fades, and in high level missions you die before get the opportunity to reactivate because they have to wait for the whole effect to end.

Please do this.

What is the use of 1 second immortality? one second will go as you blink your eye.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

What is the use of 1 second immortality? one second will go as you blink your eye.

Yes you're right, Warding Halo is 3 seconds as well.

14 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

you already have many seconds of immortality before it breaks. I think that's pretty good and with the short cast animation you are back to immortaity before anyone notices

This is not true.

10 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Rolling Guard

If you can predict when exactly you will lose Iron Skin, maybe.

But still not a good solution.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

it is, you take zero damage or any ill effect while iron skin is up

You did not understand the problem here, I'm not saying the effect during, i'm saying after, as soon as the effect goes away if you're on high-level maps you take HK, and you reset the effect if you do not use a syndicate mod, which It makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Everyone has this with Rolling Guard and it's on command. The tool is right there. Take it.

zzzzzzzzz

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

All they really need to do for Rhino is make Iron Shrapnel a built in feature of Iron Skin.

Just like Nekros Rhino is pretty much stuck with 2 mandatory band-aid augments which is annoying.

I would def not want Iron Skin anything like Warding Halo. That ability is still pretty bad compared to Iron Skin The only other change for Iron Skin would be allowing Melee block mitigation to work. I understand why mods like Adaptation and buffs like Blessing don't work (Sorta) but blocking and dodging not working? C'mon.

Currently, long as you're using Iron Shrapnel you shouldn't take actual damage unless you did something wrong.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, having the 3 sec of immortality During the Cast animation just like warding halo fixes Rhino's Darkest nightmare  because this 1 sec you need to bring up your iron skin again is more than enough to bring you to the grave in lvl+80 missions some would say u can just use Iron Shrapnel and when you get Low on Iron health you Stomp for a moment of peace to get rid off it and recast it again, Or another idea, just rework the Augment so you can cast Iron skin on top of another iron skin like frost well with have a limit for like 2 or 3 times then it maxed out , when you just get low on it recast and u get extra armor health

Edited by BlLazZinGz
  • Like 1

il y a une heure, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam a dit :

Just be more defensive not charge into like 20 enemies when you're at 2% iron skin...

Too technic for many Rhino players. Soon they will ask for Iron Skin to do the same damage mecanic as Gara's shards so they can rush brainlessly into group evenmore.

I've rarely seen so many people miss the point so completely. What the OP is arguing is for the same QoL feature as Nezha received in his rework: prior to that change, Nezha's Warding Halo, just like Rhino's Iron Skin, gave the player essentially no visible warning when it ran out, meaning that even if you used Rolling Guard to counter the subsequent period of invulnerability, you'd still get caught out at random intervals, including from overkill damage, and would therefore still die. The fact that Rhino cannot innately recast his Iron Skin makes this problem worse, because even if you do decide to constantly pay attention to your Iron Skin amount (as opposed to, I don't know, looking at the actual rest of the game during normal play), you could still die to excess damage without being able to do much about it. A period of invulnerability upon Iron Skin breaking would fix this, especially if it had a similar visual/gameplay cue as Warding Halo upon expiry, to signal to the player that they have to cast the ability again.

Personally, while the invincibility period works for Nezha, I'm with Xzorn here: I'd rather Rhino be able to deactivate Iron Skin on command as a baseline, rather than have to rely on Iron Shrapnel as a band-aid. I would, however, also want the ability to encourage better timing. For example:

2 - Iron Skin: Rhino redirects the attention of all enemies within X meters towards him for a short duration, during which time he is immune to all damage, status, and crowd control effects. After the effects end, he gains a health buffer equal to a multiple of the damage he absorbed while invulnerable (with little to no baseline health), itself increased multiplicatively by his armor (and then Power Strength). Iron Skin can be recast while active to end its effects.

• Augment - Iron Shrapnel: Unchanged.

So Rhino should be able to get really tough really quickly, and would have full control over his 2, but would have to focus much more on going into crowds of enemies to get the most out of Iron Skin, as activating the ability out of combat would produce paltry results.

If you use the augment for Iron Skin, you could pop it before it breaks and knock enemies back. However, I do understand what you mean. Iron Skin SHOULD have a period where it either knocks enemies back, or causes a puncture, impact, or blast proc when it's broken. (I also understand augment mods shouldn't be used as a band-aid of sorts. I was just throwing out options.)

I get what OP means but i think it's too much. In that time frame i could easily charge and re skin up another 40k iron skin or just recast for 8k. it has such a higher base for damage absorbtion and complete status immunity that ALSO making the time in between Iron skin casts invulnerability time is going overboard especially with something like Zenurik around.