Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abut the Battacor and Kreska

(XBOX)oOJeshuanOo

Battacor:

I was excited for WF's first rail-gun, but turns out Battacor never was

1. Make every shot the secondary fire mode, with a 2 second charge trigger.

2.Give the Battacor a stock to rest in the shoulder.

3. Give it a scope, not a sniper scope, but one like the Buzlok's.

4. Instead of Magnetic damage, give it electricity. That way players can decide if they want magnetic damage or not.

5. Give it a louder BOOM instead of the operator amp sound.

8. damage change: 200 puncture / impact, 600 electricity. 

7. Small "mechanic": 10m punch-through but only for physical damage; elemental damage doesn't get punch-through.

Kreska:

Small tweak to make it unique...

Add a mechanic; charge attacks release the blade and it performs a sentient disco dance or Danse Macabre for 10 seconds. When the blade is "dancing", slash damage on the part you're still holding is converted to impact.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

So basically, turn the Battacor into a discount Opticor, instead of a unique burst rifle? 

Personally I love the Battacor. It's one of my favourite guns.

Indeed. Sure, yes, it looks like a railgun but that's because of the Sentient bit. Which doesn't fire like a railgun. BTW, OP, the Lanka behaves similarly to a railgun if that's really what you want.

As for Kreska, isn't it meant to not be a complex weapon? A simple weapon designed for hacking and slashing? It's got no sentient bits to make such a disco happen.

Tbh those Battacor changes would be better suited for a new sniper or something. I can’t even remember the last time DE changed the model of a rifle based on player feedback, and most of it sounds like changes for the sake of change rather then actual issues with the weapon itself. Also operator amps are made from sentient parts as is the Battacor, so the firing sound being similar makes sense (in my opinion at least).

As for Kreska, I can’t honestly say that the mechanic fits it as it’s the only weapon in the set that doesn’t seem to have a sentient integrated into it, which is even reflected by the name. Sorry to be a negative nancy and crap on your feedback but them’s the breaks as they say.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Sure, yes, it looks like a railgun but that's because of the Sentient bit. Which doesn't fire like a railgun.

Not to mention the fact that a railgun is only a gun that launches projectiles using electromagnetic force. Just because games usually turn it into a big cannon that fires one strong round doesn't mean that's what a railgun always is. The Battacor could be one, technically. But not because of its laser.

You are also correct in that the Kreska has no sentient parts. It's simply a Corpus machete.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Not to mention the fact that a railgun is only a gun that launches projectiles using electromagnetic force. Just because games usually turn it into a big cannon that fires one strong round doesn't mean that's what a railgun always is.

True, true. Although they ARE usually pretty big. I think there are a couple in existence.

Honestly, it seems more like a Grineer weapon. Hucking a bit of metal at supersonic speed? That sounds to me like something the Grineer would use.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

True, true. Although they ARE usually pretty big. I think there are a couple in existence.

Honestly, it seems more like a Grineer weapon. Hucking a bit of metal at supersonic speed? That sounds to me like something the Grineer would use.

I would honestly love this. A huge bulky Grineer railgun, maybe slow-firing with a decent aoe per shot. Styled similarly to the Argonak in that it would look sleeker and more technologically advanced then the average Grineer fodder cannon. 

1 minute ago, OmegaZero633 said:

I would honestly love this. A huge bulky Grineer railgun, maybe slow-firing with a decent aoe per shot. Styled similarly to the Argonak in that it would look sleeker and more technologically advanced then the average Grineer fodder cannon. 

Given the Twin Rogga, I'd honestly like to see some kind of 'Queens elite guard' series of weapons past just the Rogga and the Kesheg. Weapons that Worm had developed to up security after we found the fortress. This could be one of them. 

The only real Rail-gun we have is the Velocitus (which we might be able to use on the ground at some point if DE is still working on it). 

The Battacor is not a Rail-gun and shouldn't be. The weapon is pretty nice and feels nice when you get used to alternate the Primary and Secondary Fire. In terms of damage, I know that Magnetic is pretty much the one people dislike the most, but considering that not everything has to be good against Grineer, having a decent Corpus-killer can be pretty usefull. 

28 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

In terms of damage, I know that Magnetic is pretty much the one people dislike the most, but considering that not everything has to be good against Grineer, having a decent Corpus-killer can be pretty usefull. 

That being said, I wouldn't object to innate electric instead of innate magnetic, just to make it more versatile.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Battacor and Opticor are laser cannons.

Eh, I'd argue that the Battacor is a type of particle weapon, as its primary mode fires off a "projectile" of sorts with flight time. Even its secondary fire, a beam, has flight time.

Lasers on the other hand, are virtually instantaneous beams.

23 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Eh, I'd argue that the Battacor is a type of particle weapon, as its primary mode fires off a "projectile" of sorts with flight time. Even its secondary fire, a beam, has flight time.

.... I don’t even know how to respond to how unnecessary that post is. They’re light beams that kill things. no reason to give me the synopsis of your particle physics essay.

On 2018-12-03 at 10:10 PM, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

Battacor:

I was excited for WF's first rail-gun, but turns out Battacor never was

1. Make every shot the secondary fire mode, with a 2 second charge trigger.

2.Give the Battacor a stock to rest in the shoulder.

3. Give it a scope, not a sniper scope, but one like the Buzlok's.

4. Instead of Magnetic damage, give it electricity. That way players can decide if they want magnetic damage or not.

5. Give it a louder BOOM instead of the operator amp sound.

8. damage change: 200 puncture / impact, 600 electricity. 

7. Small "mechanic": 10m punch-through but only for physical damage; elemental damage doesn't get punch-through.

Kreska:

Small tweak to make it unique...

Add a mechanic; charge attacks release the blade and it performs a sentient disco dance or Danse Macabre for 10 seconds. When the blade is "dancing", slash damage on the part you're still holding is converted to impact.

Lol no, go play with your Lanka and leave my weapon alone.

Edited by Peter

37 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

.... I don’t even know how to respond to how unnecessary that post is. They’re light beams that kill things. no reason to give me the synopsis of your particle physics essay.

Jesus, I was trying to make interesting conversation...Instead you decided to act like a condescending jerk.

Forums, you never fail to disappoint me.

Edited by MirageKnight

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Jesus, I was trying to make interesting conversation...Instead you decided to act like a condescending jerk.

Forums, you never fail to disappoint me.

Has it ever succeeded in not disappointing people?

Also, that guy who calls it light beams? He needs to go back to school. Anyone knows light beams have no observable travel time on the scale of warframe.

His post is almost as triggering as that guy who said humans only see three colours.

9 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

DOES the beam actually have flight time, though? I've had some weird/inconsistent results using it and it sometimes, but not always, being eligible to get stealth kill affinity on enemies definitely within hearing range. Alert time on enemies is so instantaneous that they will stop counting as surprised in between simultaneous hitscan pellet damage calculations, so it FEELS like it should be instant for this to ever work.

on the other hand I can't figure out how the beam works at all, sometimes it just seems to register hits on a really wide swathe of enemies, sometimes it doesn't. Ah, looking on the wiki again, maybe it's direct hits creating the extra AOE but the wide edges of the beam only grazing what they happen to hit or something...?

edit: also still feel like the travel times on weapons feel so bizarre in what has them that it would not surprise me for a travel time "laser" to be in the game. we've already got a "railgun" that fires pure energy projectiles significantly slower than conventional bullets in game (since they're instant)

Edited by OvisCaedo