Damage in-game vs damage from simulacrum

Marakai

Question

So from some time I noticed something- I watch a lot of YT videos where people explain top-end builds for every gun/melee in game. Then talk theory, math, different setups- good stuff. Then they take it to simulacrum and proceed to present numbers and Time to Kill and so on.

However, when I try to copy those builds - 100% same mods- I never get that high damage numbers.

I heard that long ago Paused AI did affect damage in simulacrum but that was changed.

So honestly I have no idea what I am missing here and why my numbers are never that high when I see numbers popping above enemies heads.

Just so it's clear: they did not use any frame buffs/arcanes in those build videos so that is not It.

I wonder if simulacrum is so different or I am missing something here....

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

So from some time I noticed something- I watch a lot of YT videos where people explain top-end builds for every gun/melee in game. Then talk theory, math, different setups- good stuff. Then they take it to simulacrum and proceed to present numbers and Time to Kill and so on.

However, when I try to copy those builds - 100% same mods- I never get that high damage numbers.

I heard that long ago Paused AI did affect damage in simulacrum but that was changed.

So honestly I have no idea what I am missing here and why my numbers are never that high when I see numbers popping above enemies heads.

Just so it's clear: they did not use any frame buffs/arcanes in those build videos so that is not It.

ye, like someone said, give us an example and we might be able to help you

1 hour ago, Marakai said:

I've seen some people over the past few weeks saying that Pause AI doesn't affect melee damage anymore. Those people are a big buncha ding-dongs. Pause AI affects melee damage in exactly the same way that it always has.

If you're testing melee weapons and wondering why your damage is so low, then that might be your issue. Pausing enemy AI causes a stealth bonus (+700% damage, stacking additively with crit damage) to apply to melee hits.

13 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I've seen some people over the past few weeks saying that Pause AI doesn't affect melee damage anymore. Those people are a big buncha ding-dongs. Pause AI affects melee damage in exactly the same way that it always has.

If you're testing melee weapons and wondering why your damage is so low, then that might be your issue. Pausing enemy AI causes a stealth bonus (+700% damage, stacking additively with crit damage) to apply to melee hits.

Just melee? Or does that apply to all weapon damage in the simulacrum?

1 hour ago, xyshift said:

Just melee? Or does that apply to all weapon damage in the simulacrum?

It's only melee.

It's not just a simulacrum thing-- melee weapons can naturally deal the bonus Stealth damage during regular missions if the enemy is unaware of you. Being invisible, Blinding the enemy, putting the enemy to sleep, etc. can also enable the stealth bonus (although with invisibility the multiplier stops working after the first hit, since the enemy will become aware of you once you touch it).

4 hours ago, Marakai said:

Just to be sure, in simulacrum it is typically testing enemies separately,
actual missions could be a lot more different depending on variable, 
things like corrupted ancient healer can give 90% damage reduction buff to corrupted heavy gunner/ corrupted bombard.

Also, do take note if there is any companion that can buff the damage output, exact set-up of the warframes, mods and setting, 
as well as whether the enemies have AI disabled or enabled. All these variables can result in different results in experiment.

What I noticed is with disabled AI, melee weapons does way higher slash proc damage and can have yellow - orange crit with a crit build.
which otherwise when AI is enabled and enemies are alerted it deals way lesser damage.

When experimenting in Simulacrum try to control all the variables to be exact as the video and see if you can replicate those results,
also do take note that weapons undergo patch changes, so depending on the date the video is uploaded, the game might have already
changed and balance/ buff/nerf has taken place, as such you will not be able to replicate those results with current version of game.