Rubico Riven -80 percent damage

blackace1132

So recently I got a Rubico riven and rerolled the stats around 11 times now, and got the below stats.

80% reload speed

164% crit chance

-80 percent damage

I, in my blindness, did not see the minus(yea I'm an idiot) so I was grinning happily as I chose this stats, only to find that it was negative damage 😞

So needed to ask, I will reroll ofc, but with a 157 percent overall critical chance for rubico, is it better to equip it for now until I get a better roll, or should I just go with a rivenless build.

On 2018-12-03 at 7:34 PM, blackace1132 said:

So recently I got a Rubico riven and rerolled the stats around 11 times now, and got the below stats.

80% reload speed

164% crit chance

-80 percent damage

I, in my blindness, did not see the minus(yea I'm an idiot) so I was grinning happily as I chose this stats, only to find that it was negative damage 😞

So needed to ask, I will reroll ofc, but with a 157 percent overall critical chance for rubico, is it better to equip it for now until I get a better roll, or should I just go with a rivenless build.

doing some quick calculations

using your riven vs not using it

assuming using max Serration, Point Strike, Vital sense, on Rubico Prime

1.57cc VS .95cc

13.2cd orange 6.6cd yellow

.57orange+.43yellow = 10.38cd on avg  VS 6.6cd all yellow

1.85base VS 2.65base

Im estimating it increases damage from crits by about 57%

but Reduces base damage by about 43%

The benefits of more crits is comes out very slightly higher than the loss from reduced base damage. but only about 14% overall.

So yes, absolutely reroll that Riven. You can equip it now if you want, with some slight overall DPS benefit. 

but it will essentially just act as a very expensive reload speed mod.

Well, if you run Chroma this is not really a major issue but then it locks you to Chroma.

I would suggest Rivenless for now - you can always put in another damage mod where you put the Riven.