Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal boss fight bugged on switch

(NSW)Brenhall

Hello, I'm having several issues with the Jackal boss fight on the Nintendo Switch. For the record i am playing solo due to my Internet connection being too weak for multiplayer. The issues I'm having are either the health on the jackal's limbs constantly reset back to full when I look away for more than a few seconds  (not sure if it's a part of the fight or not) or he becomes invincible when the health on all of his limbs are depleted. Not only this but I notice that he tends to fire invisible missiles which appear for a second but disappear the next and due to not being able to see them I constantly keep getting hit. If there's any way to fix it on my end I'd very much like to know.

Edited by (NSW)Brenhall

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Brenhall said:

Hello, I'm having several issues with the Jackal boss fight on the Nintendo Switch. For the record i am playing solo due to my Internet connection being too weak for multiplayer. The issues I'm having are either the health on the jackal's limbs constantly reset back to full when I look away for more than a few seconds  (not sure if it's a part of the fight or not) or he becomes invincible when the health on all of his limbs are depleted. Not only this but I notice that he tends to fire invisible missiles which appear for a second but disappear the next and due to not being able to see them I constantly keep getting hit. If there's any way to fix it on my end I'd very much like to know.

IIRC the mechanic is shoot the limb, then the body. Take a sniper for this mission modded for rad. Ignore all the trash mobs ti get to him. Unless you are facing some bugs he should go down fast.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Jackal

1 minute ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

IIRC the mechanic is shoot the limb, then the body. Take a sniper for this mission modded for rad. Ignore all the trash mobs ti get to him. Unless you are facing some bugs he should go down fast.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Jackal

That's just it though, I know how to take him out. The problem it that the game keeps either immediately restoring his limbs to full health when I stop shooting them for more than 3 seconds or when I do get them down to 0 he doesn't drop to his knees so I can actually kill him. Even when I take out all of his limbs he still keeps moving and doesn't take anymore damage. 

Just now, (NSW)Brenhall said:

That's just it though, I know how to take him out. The problem it that the game keeps either immediately restoring his limbs to full health when I stop shooting them for more than 3 seconds or when I do get them down to 0 he doesn't drop to his knees so I can actually kill him. Even when I take out all of his limbs he still keeps moving and doesn't take anymore damage. 

well, that does indeed suck.

It might suck less if he yelled he’s gonna gum you to death, but not by much.

i solo a lot of bosses from sortie or flood and tbh some are buggier than when played online. jackal is one of them.

Even on PC in the regular fight or sorties version of Jackal this happens. Back when I first started playing around March it happened also. I've had to restart many times to finally get it to work.

When I had originally searched for it, there were posts from a couple years prior about the same issue.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

well, that does indeed suck.

It might suck less if he yelled he’s gonna gum you to death, but not by much.

i solo a lot of bosses from sortie or flood and tbh some are buggier than when played online. jackal is one of them.

Yeah I noticed. I'd play online withother people against him if I could but my Internet it so slow that it's virtually impossible until I get a router. But even then I worry if it'll work or not.

2 minutes ago, Brandt1 said:

Even on PC in the regular fight or sorties version of Jackal this happens. Back when I first started playing around March it happened also. I've had to restart many times to finally get it to work.

When I had originally searched for it, there were posts from a couple years prior about the same issue.

Kind of frustrating that nobody got around to trying to fix it within that time.