The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhongomiant: The First Warframe

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Unoriginal concepts ahoy!

Heres some art.  Fans of DE will know who made this art.

1000px-288382_full.jpg

Meant to be a sort of...  sister warframe to Excalibur.

Ability 1: Javelin.  Throws a javelin at the target, functions as a shockwave, and whom it directly hits is impaled to a wall.

Ability 2: Phalanx.  Puts up a shield absorbs all damage from the front for a set amount of time.

Ability 3: Elemental overload.  Your javelins and melee weapon become overcharged with every element for a short period. 

Ability 4: Berserk.  Rhongomiant takes off its helmet, any excaliburs nearby go into a rage state.  Just kidding.

Ability 4: Master's house.  A circular field of subterrainian spears and energy destroys or stuns any enemies nearby

Hope you found this concept interesting.  I know its not original.  And yes, I know the lore. 

Edited by Gaminus

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wasn't the first warframe hayden tenno's ? also the devs did confirm that hayden is connected with warframes lore

ughhh not that again. warframe is a spiritual successor to darksector, NOT a sequel. They use parts of darksector because warframe is what darksector was supposed to be in terms of it's execution. DE has never come out and said "warframe happens after darksecter" not once. Why? because the games are two sides to the same coin, the coin being the universe they are derived one, warframe is a universe mirrored to the one in dark sector, but hayden tenno never existed and anything before the orokin is not known. you forget, that in Excalibur's lore, he was the first warframe, people seem to look away from that because hayden tenno from darksector being the first 'warframe' is appealing to them. personal preference dosn't trump lack of evidence. 

and before you mention quirks like excaliburs proto-armor suit, remember that DE made darksector and love to reuse concepts they made, the suit being simply a nod toward people who also liked darksector and love to toy around with the idea that the games are in the same universe, even though DE has never once said they were. 

Edited by superbot34

The suits in Dark Sector aren't even Warframes. They're just suits of armour. A Warframe has unique powers, those suits did not.

ughhh not that again. warframe is a spiritual successor to darksector, NOT a sequel. They use parts of darksector because warframe is what darksector was supposed to be in terms of it's execution. DE has never come out and said "warframe happens after darksecter" not once. Why? because the games are two sides to the same coin, the coin being the universe they are derived one, warframe is a universe mirrored to the one in dark sector, but hayden tenno never existed and anything before the orokin is not known. you forget, that in Excalibur's lore, he was the first warframe, people seem to look away from that because hayden tenno from darksector being the first 'warframe' is appealing to them. personal preference dosn't trump lack of evidence. 

and before you mention quirks like excaliburs proto-armor suit, remember that DE made darksector and love to reuse concepts they made, the suit being simply a nod toward people who also liked darksector and love to toy around with the idea that the games are in the same universe, even though DE has never once said they were. 

Well, we do have Hayden Tenno's name on many of the Warframes. That has been confirmed to be accurate by the Devs themselves. Even [DE]Megan says they are "linked". I think the Devs want to keep the lore mysterious so there really hasn't been a solid confirmation, but Tennobet says otherwise.

How I see it, is that the events that make Warframe the game and story it is right now (rise of the Orokin Empire, creation/discovery of the Tenno, the Old War, the Collapse, the cryosleep, rise of the Grineer Empire) take place thousands of years after the finale in Dark Sector. Hayden, in this current universe, will be to the Tenno what Jesus is to modern-day Christians: a legend/myth who existence can't be explicitely proven but we know existed.

I mean, you could say that the Excalibur Proto Armour skin and the Glaive are just nods to Dark Sector, but look at the way they are described in the game:

Excalibur Proto Armour skin - Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire.

Glaive - Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the Glaive is a uniquely deadly weapon. This multi-bladed disc is not only effective for melee combat it can also be thrown like a boomerang to cut down enemies at a distance.

If they were simply nods, they wouldn't needs such lore implicating in-game descriptions, now would they?

To the OP:

Yeah, I don't like this concept. Excalibur should remain the first Warframe in the universe. You clearly don't know the lore.

Edited by Tengu147

I didn't say Dark Sector Lore, I said Warframe Lore. Also, this is Excal's codex entry:

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you actually. It was someone else. Archangelzz to be exact. I'm going to fix that now.

I understand the lore perfectly, I think.