Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth in orbiter could consrruct custom warframe

(PSN)balder8472

Had an idea as we are all aware Cetus has the zaws which allows you to construct custom melee weapons and fortuna has the custom guns but how about a new warframe that isnt a reversed engineered from a prime orokin frame of war but instead a brand new personal player creation .The traits you want in your warframe could be scanned from enemies and blended together and incubated like a kubrow or a kavat.

But you would need a human base to inject the Helminth serum into...A volunteer ? Or a unwilling test subject   

23 minutes ago, (PS4)balder8472 said:

Had an idea as we are all aware Cetus has the zaws which allows you to construct custom melee weapons and fortuna has the custom guns but how about a new warframe that isnt a reversed engineered from a prime orokin frame of war but instead a brand new personal player creation .The traits you want in your warframe could be scanned from enemies and blended together and incubated like a kubrow or a kavat.

But you would need a human base to inject the Helminth serum into...A volunteer ? Or a unwilling test subject   

wonder what happen if grineer is the host?

4 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

wonder what happen if grineer is the host?

I wonder if some of the warframes we make could actually have grineer or corpus inside. Since besides umbra other warframes don't seem to have enough free will to function on their own, it doesn't really matter if the host is doing it voluntarily or is being infected by force, they can't take revenge once turned into a warframe because they just become a puppet.

Just saying what do you think happens to those capture targets after they get interrogated?

Capture targets are synthesised, Simaris extracts their data and their bodies cease to exist in that dimension.

Maybe it could be beneficial for DE if creating entirely new abilities would cost a large sum of plats, rendering it as a sort of endgame and platsink for veterans with too much plats as it would remove plats from circulation on the market.

Would be a lot of work to make it happen, but it could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Pinus_ said:

I wonder if some of the warframes we make could actually have grineer or corpus inside. Since besides umbra other warframes don't seem to have enough free will to function on their own, it doesn't really matter if the host is doing it voluntarily or is being infected by force, they can't take revenge once turned into a warframe because they just become a puppet.

Just saying what do you think happens to those capture targets after they get interrogated?

mostly undisturbed dna, speculated that most rescue target from the mission and cyropod are willingly give their life for the tenno.

7 hours ago, Atsia said:

Nope. This has been discussed before and custom frames are an entirely bad idea. There are no positives for DE in it.

Not to give undue hope to the people that desire the idea but it isn't entirely bad idea. Though the key question comes to what exactly the meaning of "custom" means to OP and the people who want it. If it is along the lines of full customization (powers, stats, aesthetics)... not a chance. However...

It could be a next 'new' warframe (like Garuda is a new warframe and monk frame is the next new frame) that already has powers concepted out and set (like any other warframe). At best it would be similar to how Moa works and you get to pick from a small pool of abilities. More likely would be changing the effects of pre-set abilities. Then the main mechanic would be building a bonus or set of bonuses through some objective (some said gathering and controlling mutations). This could slightly change the chassis of the warframe and give a bonus stat for ranking like Nidus gets bonus regen and pStr or the sentient sword with resistance null and bonus faction damage. But that is likely as "custom" as you would ever get.

That said, with how zaws, kitguns, and moas currently function when you build them I don't know why you would ever want a Warframe you can't manipulate on the fly and would need to spend more slots for constantly. I don't need like 5+ permutations of a similar frame as I barely want the 2 (and 3 in Umbra case) and how Moas work solidified my hate for the system as it is (even though I personally like my individual Zaw, Kitgun, and Moa).

In all cases it is a fairly large undertaking for a Warframe (modeling, rigging, etc) that it isn't likely period.

5 hours ago, Ventura_Highway said:

A house built on sandy ground is doomed. A poor base begets a poor Warframe, likely.

We know Umbra was a Dax, so that would be a good base. Unfortunately, there's but one Dax left..

Well, there about Specters though. They seemed like had a host too but weaker "AI".