Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recording emotes in captura mode

Ein0r

Question

Hi

So i am currently trying to record emotes in the captura mode, but the emote wheel is in the way when the movement transitions from "standing" to "emote motion".

Is there a way how I can circumvent this?

I looked if i can bind emotes to hotkeys but it seems i cant do that or  I am just blind.  And since the emotes don't loop but are infinite or a fixed movement set I cant wait it out either.

4 answers to this question

Within the captura mode, press "G" to go into free-camera mode, then "X" to enter the camera settings. Scroll down on the settings. The last block has two relevant options: Toggle Time Advancement, and Slow Mode. Both need to be active. Set the slow time multiplier to x0.1 (it'll be painfully slow). Confirm the settings, toggle time advancement (your frame should be moving extremely slowly) and exit the free camera mode. The slow mode will remain while you gain control of your frame. Open the wheel, select the emote (UI might also get slowed down).

That is what I was suggesting with the slow mode. You can then record the slower animation, giving you more time to press the necessary buttons mid-air (simply jumping should give you enough time now). You'd then need to speed up the recording by a factor of 10, back to it's original speed.

A workaround is to queue an animation before selecting the emote from the wheel. As an example bullet jumping straight up and selecting the emote while falling will cause the emote animation to be added to the queue, getting played only after the hard landing animation finishes, giving ample time for the wheel UI to dissapear.

Alternatively, you can go into the captura settings and activate the slow motion/time advancement. I haven't tested this, but it should make it so the UI dissapears at regular speed, while your frame, moving at much slower than normal speed, takes a moment to transition into the selected emote.

These are only workarounds, but I hope they help.

Thanks

I hope the time advancemet will help or this will be a pretty time consuming and unfun experience because i have to record 10 emotes for 4 characters, from the front. So bulletjumping in front of the camera, or timing it correctly will be a living hell.^^

Edit: Nevermind, i cant press the buttons quick enough to do a bullet jump + emote anyway. xD

Edit2: Advancing Time helps with progressing through an emote, but i cant access tha Time Advancement feature without toggling the free camera mode. And i can only toggle the free camera mode when the emote wheel disappears. So i am also loosing the frames i would like to record cleanly.

It is probably easier to show this with a video: I used the Eclipse Narta because it has a lot of movement, for easier visibility.

The first try is the normal emote. The second try is me trying to stop time, so i can advance it with the Advance Time feature. But as much as i spam the G button, i cant access the panel earlier than at that point in time, meaining i lose those few frames where Harrow prepares his arms. And those frames are the ones i would like to conserve.

I also detached the camera to be able to do a full front recording of the emote. But with the detached camera i am unable to do a bullet jump that takes long enough to queue the desired emote. I cant bullet jump vertically because i cant look upwards. If there is a trick i am happy to try it, since it might give me enough time to queue the emote.

Edited by Ein0r

Thanks a lot for that detailed explanation. Apparently i misunderstood your first answer. This solves my problem 😄

This way i definitely have enough time to prepare the emote in advance and record the full sequence, while also being able to hide the settings menu.