Gilding Syndicate Skins

(PSN)Dying_Dark_Star

Ok, I had a thought and found a forum and Reddit posts (links below) that have much in common with my idea (more so the forum post than the Reddit one). Anyways, my idea is to make the 6 Main Syndicates (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, The Perrin Sequence, Red Veil, New Loka) a little more interactive by enabling them to “gild” all weapons (except Syndicate weapons).

Gilding could be done at the NPC that trades Syndicate medallions for reputation or at a new NPC for the gilding, and would only be available at max rank with the Syndicate. Unlike the forum post’s idea of stat changes when gilding, it just changes the default skin of the gilded weapon or it just adds the gilded skin to the inventory (these should make the weapons look similar to the Syndicate weapons) but it's up to DE to decide on if it replaces the default skin of the gilded weapon or it just adds the gilded skin to the inventory if they want to use this idea. I personally like the idea of it changing the default skin, cause it would only be available on that weapon that you gilded.

I see 3 options that DE could go around on implementing:

1. The gilded weapon does what the Syndicate Sigils do: providing bonus Standing
2. Make the gilded weapon have the Syndicate effects like the Syndicate weapons and Weapon Augment Mods (this is the least likely to happen option)
3. Simply providing the skin with no additional benefits (this is the real likely to happen opinion)

The second option would essentially replace Syndicate weapons if implemented.

The Forum post link https://forums.warframe.com/topic/870642-syndicate-gilding/

The Reddit post link https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5aijeu/how_about_syndicate_skins_for_6_selected/

Edited by (PS4)Dying_Dark_Star
Was tired when i made the post and it was hard to understand

On 2018-12-04 at 8:25 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Would be nice to have syndicate themed Warframe skins instead tbh, not slight recolours like the immortal ones but a entirely different one based around the syndicate theme for one or more of the Warframes that the syndicate has mods for

Ya, it would also be nice to have warframe syndicate skins, but if you think about it, DE has only 2 options for the syndicate skins:
1. They can copy the Syndicate NPC's colors and designs; which would probably be the most likely option. Or
2. They would have to make them like deluxe skins (basically a model swap which takes alot of time to make, btw). It has to be a model swap cause of Steel Meridian, the skins would probably look like the Graxx skins and they are the most popular, so there would be lot of backlash from it unless they work with Faven to make them (ik I focused on Steel Meridian, but there's similar problems with the other syndicates, like the Perrin Sequence for example).

This part is just my personal preference and opinion, but i wouldn't want only certain frames to have skins of a certain Syndicate and ik it would make sense to have it where only cetain frames have cetain Syndicate skins but I would want to have the same skin for a syndicate on all the frames.

Was tired when i made the post and it was hard to understand

22 hours ago, (PS4)Dying_Dark_Star said:

Ok, I had a thought and found a forum and Reddit posts (links below) that have much in common with my idea (more so the forum post than the Reddit one). Anyway, my idea is to make the 6 Main Syndicates (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, The Perrin Sequence, Red Veil, New Loka) a little more involved by enabling them to “gild” all weapons (except Syndicate weapons).

Gilding could be done at the NPC that trades Syndicate medallions for reputation or at a new NPC for the gilding, and would only be available at max rank with the Syndicate. Unlike the forum post’s idea of stat changes when gilding, it just changes the default skin of the gilded weapon or it just adds the gilded skin to the inventory (these should make the weapons similar to the Syndicate weapons). I personally like the idea of it changing the default skin, cause it would be only be available on that weapon that you gilded.

I see 3 options that this could be implemented:

1. The gilded weapon does what the Syndicate Sigils do: providing bonus Standing
2. Make the gilded weapon have the Syndicate effects like the Syndicate weapons and Weapon Augment Mods (this is the least likely to happen)
3. Simply providing the skin with no additional benefits (this is the highly likely to happen opinion)

The second opition would essentially replace Syndicate weapons.

The Forum post link: 
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/870642-syndicate-gilding/

The Reddit post link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5aijeu/how_about_syndicate_skins_for_6_selected/

4 hours ago, (PS4)Dying_Dark_Star said:

Ya, it would also be nice to have warframe syndicate skins, but if you think about it, DE has only 2 options for the syndicate skins:
1. They can copy the Syndicate NPC's colors and designs; which would probably be the most likely option. Or
2. They would have to make them like deluxe skins (basically a model swap which takes alot of time to make, btw). It has to be a model swap cause of Steel Meridian, the skins would probably look like the Graxx skins and they are the most popular, so there would be lot of backlash from it unless they work with Faven to make them (ik I focused on Steel Meridian, but there's similar problems with the other syndicates, like the Perrin Sequence for example).

This part is just my personal preference and opinion, but i wouldn't want only certain frames to have skins of a certain Syndicate and ik it would make sense to have it where only cetain frames have cetain Syndicate skins but I would want to have the same skin for a syndicate on all the frames.

Alright, so that gave me a migrane to read, and I ended up having to go through it and edit the grammar and paragraph breaks just to make proper sense of all of it. I mean no offense by it, but just as a note, if you're looking for feedback on an idea, make sure you lay it out in a way that lets everyone read and understand it as easily as possible.

That being said, the idea of Syndicate skins is appealling to me, but I doubt it will ever come to be. At most I can see Syndicates having a small selection of weapons and frames, most likely the ones they already offer mods for, being available for this Gilding process/skin addition.

As far as benefits go, I think a simple skin would suffice, perhaps even a stat adjustment for the weapons, to match the Syndicate-versioned power level, but I can't see the special effects being applied. The Syndicate procs would simply be too unbalanced if available on any weapon, doubly so on warframes; I would simply stick Suda's energy proc on every single piece of equipment I own, and essentially have a steady (and infinite) supply of energy that ignores the channeling restriction.

8 hours ago, Vosenedich said:

Alright, so that gave me a migrane to read, and I ended up having to go through it and edit the grammar and paragraph breaks just to make proper sense of all of it. I mean no offense by it, but just as a note, if you're looking for feedback on an idea, make sure you lay it out in a way that lets everyone read and understand it as easily as possible.

That being said, the idea of Syndicate skins is appealling to me, but I doubt it will ever come to be. At most I can see Syndicates having a small selection of weapons and frames, most likely the ones they already offer mods for, being available for this Gilding process/skin addition.

As far as benefits go, I think a simple skin would suffice, perhaps even a stat adjustment for the weapons, to match the Syndicate-versioned power level, but I can't see the special effects being applied. The Syndicate procs would simply be too unbalanced if available on any weapon, doubly so on warframes; I would simply stick Suda's energy proc on every single piece of equipment I own, and essentially have a steady (and infinite) supply of energy that ignores the channeling restriction.

I was tired when i made the posts so my grammar and paragraphing went out the window I'll edit so it's not hard to understand