Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morpheus, the Dreaming Warframe

ND999

Greetings, fellow Tenno, today I would like to introduce to you all a concept for a fan-made Warframe (as is all too common on this side of the Forum, I am aware). 

Things is, I don't really post on the Forums all the often, and the last time I posted a Fanframe was Hellequin (a Jester Warframe) way back in October 2013 (I still have the post of it up somewhere). However, as of recently, I was completely unable to log into the game (I've already filed a ticket, and it's a bit of a complicated issue as it turns out), so I've found myself with quite a bit of free time, and then I thought "hey, might as well make a new Fanframe idea". Anyways, that's neither here nor there, the point is I managed to come up with a concept for a dream-based Warframe, and here are all the details: 

MORPHEUS 

The basic idea of this Warframe is to act as an intrusive agent, to get in the midst of enemy lines and go unnoticed (without using just plain ol' stealth), while also giving him enough tools at his disposal to create a hefty bit of chaos in his wake, should he find himself in a pinch. A bit of a saboteur, in a sense, and his stats are as follows: 

Health - 80 (240 at Rank 30)

Shields - 80 (240 at Rank 30)

Armor - 50

Energy - 150 (225 at Rank 30)

Sprint Speed - 1.15

Polarities - 1 Vazarin, 1 Naramon

Aura Polarity - Naramon 

Exilus Polarity - None 

ABILITIES:

Innate - Deathly Caress: Every time Morpheus kills a sleeping enemy (the sleep does not necessarily have to be induced by Morpheus himself), he gains a bonus +25% movement speed (applies to running, sprinting, wall running, and wall climbing) which lasts for 3 seconds (does not stack, but can be reapplied immediately after its duration runs out). 

1 - Lethargic Grasp:  Power Duration 5/7/9/11 seconds (tapped), 12/15/18/21 seconds (fully charged)

Morpheus can either release the ability instantly by tapping 1 or he can charge it for up to 2.5 seconds before releasing it. Either way, the ability releases an ethereal hand that passes through terrain, walls, and allies until it either reaches the extent of its range or it hits an enemy (30/35/40/45 meters (tapped), or 50/60/70/80 meters (fully charged)). The grasped enemy is lulled to sleep, but will awaken at the end of the ability's duration (5/7/9/11 seconds (tapped), 12/15/18/21 seconds (fully charged)). If a fully-charged Lethargic Grasp hits an enemy, then they will start to emanate a mist around itself (5/7/9/12 meters) which will lull any enemies around the Grasped target to sleep, so long as they stay for up to 3 seconds inside of the mist. 

2 - Wave of Terror: Morpheus begins channeling up to 3 seconds, remaining stationary all the while (the ability can be cast in mid-air, in which case he will benefit from an Aim-Glade to reduce the speed of his fall, and he can also cast it while Wall Latching). Upon releasing the ability, Morpheus will become unstoppable while dashing in the aimed direction (30/40/50/60 meters), and the first enemy he runs into will be suspended in the air (all subsequent enemies he passes through will simply be slowed) for the duration of the ability (5/8/11/14 seconds). Killing enemies while they are suspended in the wake of the Wave of Terror will release a radial Terror effect, which will force a set number of enemies caught in its range to flee (4/7/10/13 enemies), depending on power strength. 

3 - Sleep Walker: Morpheus targets a single sleeping enemy (within 8/12/16/20 meters), turning himself (and any Companion he might have on hand) into an amorphous vapor and taking possession of the body (the vapor can travel through walls, assuming Morpheus can see the sleeping target). While Sleep Walking, Morpheus (and his Companion) are untargetable, as they take refuge inside of their host, cleansing any Status Effects that might have been inflicted on them (note that if your Companion is downed and bleeding out, they will not be influenced by Sleep Walker, meaning you'll either have to go and pick them back up first, or leave them to die) while expending energy (1 per second while standing, 3 per second while moving, 10 per second while the host is being attacked). Furthermore, all enemy Eximus auras have no effect on Morpheus while he is Sleep Walking, but he (and any surrounding allies) will benefit from whatever Aura the host may possess (assuming that Morpheus is Sleep Walking in an Eximus, that is). However, while Morpheus can walk, sprint, jump, crouch, use ziplines, hack terminals, pick up items (like Data Masses) and pass by laser grids and Sensor Bars without triggering them, he cannot slide, double jump, bullet jump, wall run/climb, or attack while Sleep Walking. He also cannot cast any ability, save for recasting Sleep Walker, which activates The Awakening, in which case he will forcefully tear himself out of his host, dealing damage (500/600/700/800 True Damage) and staggering them, before Morpheus and his Companion recover a moderate amount of health (50/85/120/150 health) and materialize (in the event of the host dying in the Awakening, then Morpheus gains double the health restore and overshields). If the host dies by any means besides the Awakening, then Sleep Walker will end normally but with no health restore bonus. Lastly, enemies are not alerted when they see. a Sleep Walking host unless they see Morpheus using Sleep Walker in order to gain possession of the host's body, in which case they will attack the host as if they were attacking any Tenno. 

P.S: Morpheus cannot cast Sleep Walker on Mechanical (Rollers, Latchers, Regulators), Robotic (MOAs, Ospreys, Turrets), Sentient (Conculysts, Battalysts, Vomvalysts), Unaffiliated (Kubrows, Kavats, Desert Skates), and Boss-tier enemies (including Stalker, the Grustrag Three, Sprag and Ven'Kra Tel). 

4 - Dreaming Veil:  Morpheus releases a shroud of darkness around himself, which persists in the area of casting (5/7/9/12 meter radius) until the ability's duration runs out (12/15/18/21 seconds). All enemies caught in the Dreaming Veil are slowed and have their vision obstructed (not blinded, they just can't see anything a meter away from their noses), but Morpheus and his allies will be able to see outlines of everything caught in the Veil (with fellow Tenno being highlighted). Do note that Morpheus and his allies can only see these outlines so long as they are also inside of the Dreaming Veil. However, the Veil can pass through doors and walls, which could potentially allow Morpheus to spot enemies that he otherwise would not be able to. Furthermore, when enemies enter the Dreaming Veil, they will gradually lose armor (up to 30%/50%/70%/90% armor reduction) over a set duration (3/5/7/9 seconds). The armor they've lost will be returned to them upon leaving the Dreaming Veil, or upon the ability ending. 

Power Strength: Wave of Terror (amount of enemies Feared), Sleep Walker (damage dealt during the Awakening)

Power Duration: Lethargic Grasp (duration of sleep), Wave of Terror (suspension of hit enemies), Dreaming Veil (ability duration)

Power Range: Lethargic Grasp (range of the grasp, and range of the mist), Wave of Terror (travel length), Sleep Walker (possession range), Dreaming Veil (ability range)

Warframe_Morpheus.jpg

Hope you all like it, and feel free to leave a comment below.

Edited by ND999

looking good. it's a straightforward concept.

> ability 1 is a good first ability.

> ability 2 could get trolling, but it also seems too powerful for a number 2 slot, perhaps 3 or 4th slot.

> ability 3 would be tricky to implement, as this ability concept has been suggested before. we have many enemies and some that aren't humanoids.

> ability 4 sounds underpowered for an ultimate, perhaps switch ability 2. 

Numbers do not have to be exact - a ballpark would do - it gives us and you a good idea of how you want the concept to play.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

looking good. it's a straightforward concept.

> ability 1 is a good first ability.

> ability 2 could get trolling, but it also seems too powerful for a number 2 slot, perhaps 3 or 4th slot.

> ability 3 would be tricky to implement, as this ability concept has been suggested before. we have many enemies and some that aren't humanoids.

> ability 4 sounds underpowered for an ultimate, perhaps switch ability 2. 

Numbers do not have to be exact - a ballpark would do - it gives us and you a good idea of how you want the concept to play.

Yeah, I was just trying to get all the info out there at first, since I can come up with the exact stats at another time, and yeah I get what you mean.

Anyways, I do see your point with the abilities. As for ability 3 (Sleep Walker), I added a "PS" note excluding most non-Humanoid enemies (as well as Bosses and Field Bosses). I'd reckon that would leave mostly the Humanoid enemies (with a few negligible exceptions, like Infested Chargers). And yes, though the ability itself would be tricky to implement, I think that it would also be Morpheus' signature ability. 

As for exchanging abilities 2 and 4, yeah I reckon that could work, with Wave of Terror acting like an expendable escape ability, while Dreaming Veil would be an area-denial ult, not unlike Cataclysm (albeit not coming with the whole baggage of the Rift mechanic that comes with Limbo). 

But for a first comment, this was rather insightful, thank you for the feedback. 

1 minute ago, ND999 said:

Yeah, I was just trying to get all the info out there at first, since I can come up with the exact stats at another time, and yeah I get what you mean.

Anyways, I do see your point with the abilities. As for ability 3 (Sleep Walker), I added a "PS" note excluding most non-Humanoid enemies (as well as Bosses and Field Bosses). I'd reckon that would leave mostly the Humanoid enemies (with a few negligible exceptions, like Infested Chargers). And yes, though the ability itself would be tricky to implement, I think that it would also be Morpheus' signature ability. 

As for exchanging abilities 2 and 4, yeah I reckon that could work, with Wave of Terror acting like an expendable escape ability, while Dreaming Veil would be an area-denial ult, not unlike Cataclysm (albeit not coming with the whole baggage of the Rift mechanic that comes with Limbo). 

But for a first comment, this was rather insightful, thank you for the feedback. 

no problem. looking forward to see how Morpheus comes along.