Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A zaw for oberon - how to build and mod

Frollo72

Question

Hi all, I've been reading around and came across this advice when choosing between crit and hybrid:

"If you can easily remove all armor (e.g. Abating Trinity, 4xCP runs, Seeking Shuriken Ash):

• ULTIMATE CRIT BUILD!
    Craft for pure crit. Build for pure crits and viral. If you feel like roleplaying as God, throw in an additive crit source as well.
  • Status builds are mainly for bypassing armor. But since you've got no armor to deal with, you can use big ol' crits to brute-force everything with no repercussions.

Now removing all armor with Oberon isn't necessarily easy, needing a 105 energy combo w/ Streamline and building lots of power strength, but it can be done! So I figured this was the way to go.

So when you build pure crit, do you tank status down to 10% and use pure damage mods instead of 60/60's, along with glad. rush instead of drifting contact? I'm not sure if "build viral" means you just go into it for the damage type, or if you actually want to proc it with high attack speed and status chance.

Even with pure crit, slots are tight. Is it a good idea to use one of them for condition overload? I ask because even with no procs from his weapon whatsoever, he can still get free radiation procs from his 2, puncture with his one, and impact with the combo I'm using. (plus whatever the pet might do if I ever find those elemental mods) Is that worth it?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

go for hybrid. even if you would always remove all armor(which you wont cause its annoying af) its better to build a plague zaw with viral and condition overload

What's annoying about it? Energy cost, or just having to do reckoning on top of carpets each time?

Would you still build viral with a bad zaw like rabvee?

1 hour ago, Frollo72 said:

What's annoying about it? Energy cost, or just having to do reckoning on top of carpets each time?

Would you still build viral with a bad zaw like rabvee?

well I wouldnt build the rabvee in the first place ^^

But by annoying I mean that you would have to spam hallowed ground and reckoning to keep the armor away. I mean, its still possible, I do the same with my Viral/crit Sobek, but its not that efficient.

I would prefer a normal corrosive condition overload, blood rush build