Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NPC Tenno

midtarget

Good point.

We hear throughout missions, the Quills, NPCs about other Tenno but we never encounter them in Lore. (It seems like other players are both in lore but not in lore).

It would be nice to see other Tenno/Warframes, and get unique cosmetics by bumping into other Tenno.

Maybe have a very rare chance of other Tenno spawning during a mission that players can run into. Perhaps the Tenno will trade cosmetics for resources, credits, etc.

Generally speaking, the Tenno are reserved for Players so that the term 'Tenno' doesn't lose it's meaning as much. Most of the people you meet in Destiny are guardians, so it makes your role as one kind of arbitrary. You're nothing more than a glorified NPC - or worse, less than them since they usually have far greater power than you do but never do anything because they're NPC's.

In Waframe though, every Tenno is important. This also makes Rell's appearance more important - they're primed for importance in our eyes because, on some subconcious level (although probably not conscious), we view him as similar to us, as like, which makes his suffering more meaningful.

It's clever storytelling in that way.

There isn't a reason, they just haven't. 

And I can't say I'm against that, mostly because it would play into the storywriting we have for the game presently and I frankly will never stop wishing for us to divert from it. In another sense though it would definitely be nice if other tenno (those beyond our own as an individual player) were paid more acknowledgment and attention within the lore and story than they are. DE definitely writes well enough for it. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Maybe have a very rare chance of other Tenno spawning during a mission that players can run into.

It'll feel like when you got a job and you're doing it, then your co-worker started doing it and you're both like "so, am i doing it or you?" Kinda situation.

8 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Set matchmaking to 'Public'.

Chance of other Tenno spawning is up to 300%.

Oh jeez. Stop trolling. I'm taking in lore.

Take survival missions for instance...

Lotus says: Distract the enemy while another agent/Tenno gathers supplies.

Yet you can explore the whole map & find no one. It'd be cool of every once in awhile you did meet or see that agent/Tenno.

6 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

It'll feel like when you got a job and you're doing it, then your co-worker started doing it and you're both like "so, am i doing it or you?" Kinda situation.

Haha. Maybe, they could also be there on a separate mission. They could even made snide remarks:

"I was trying to raid the datavaults. But someone had to go & set off all the alarms..." -NPC

With Lotus gone it'd make sense that Tenno would be less organized. As she was essentially a near omnipotent mission handler.

So we could meet an NPC who is like: "So....you here on an Extermination mission too?" Or "That explains all the bodies..."

14 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

There are Tenno NPC. Stalker)

Stalker is a Low Guardian, not a Zariman Child (true Tenno). He hates himself not because he was always a Warframe pilot like a true Tenno, but because he had to become a Warframe pilot (I.e. become more Tenno-like)

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Stalker is a Low Guardian, not a Zariman Child (true Tenno). He hates himself not because he was always a Warframe pilot like a true Tenno, but because he had to become a Warframe pilot (I.e. become more Tenno-like)

That's conjecture. We have little context for what Low Guardians were, whether they were Tenno, and what exactly Hunhow meant when he said, "You still hate them. You still hate yourself." 

That statement does not neccessarily mean Stalker was a Tenno, given his history.

We are likely soon to find out, though, as Steve said there is a quest planned which deals with the Stalker after the New War.

2 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

That's conjecture. We have little context for what Low Guardians were, whether they were Tenno

I picked my words carefully. It's conjecture that fits within all the established lore at face value:

Stalker, by his own internal monologue, denies being a Tenno by his definition of a Tenno. This makes it highly unlikely that Low Guardians are a sub-caste of Tenno. Even if they were, it's unlikely the bigoted Orokin would have bothered with or even recognized the distinction.

Zariman Survivors, in Orokin society, were treated analogously to lepers or witches. Although not impossible, it is highly unlikely that Stalker could be a Zariman Survivor and a member of an outside caste.

Hunhow has demonstrated limited ability to read minds. However he is prone to drawing incorrect conclusions and making incorrect assumptions about human beings, as demonstrated when he believes "Orokin" to be the species, not the empire (and no, I do not believe for a second that Alad V is a survivor from the Orokin Empire). He is very much able to sense Stalker's self-loathing, but delving into memories and reading comprehensive backstory does not seem to be within his capabilities/desires. This is reinforced when looking at his dealings with Lotus: he is able to pry her fears of the Reservoir being discovered from her mind, but unable to sense literally anything Ballas did to her (remember how much her memories realigned during the Apostasy Prologue? Ballas did a LOT to her)

As such, I cannot see your argument unless dE comes out with a literal retcon that they have completely reimagined what Stalker's backstory is. That's why I hedge my bets with "highly unlikely" so many time -- a retcon and a contradiction are not mutually inclusive

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Oh jeez. Stop trolling. I'm taking in lore.

Take survival missions for instance...

Lotus says: Distract the enemy while another agent/Tenno gathers supplies.

Yet you can explore the whole map & find no one. It'd be cool of every once in awhile you did meet or see that agent/Tenno.

Yeah, right, what a brilliant way to distract the enemies - by leading them right to the operative.

Isn't it kinda self-obvious that the operative is working in the whole different part of the ship/base and we're causing havoc as far away from them as possible on purpose?

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Stalker is a Low Guardian,

Low shouldn't be capitalised here.  " I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. "  Stalker was a Guardian, and they were low (presumably in rank, unlikely he meant their physical location was low).  He was not a Low Guardian.

24 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Yeah, right, what a brilliant way to distract the enemies - by leading them right to the operative.

Isn't it kinda self-obvious that the operative is working in the whole different part of the ship/base and we're causing havoc as far away from them as possible on purpose?

Which could be something that the NPC or the missions handler could comment on.

Would be a funny tidbit bit.

"What the? You led them right too me!" *uses a flashbang & vanishes*

"You're supposed to be the distraction!" *quickly uses a flashbang or smoke bomb then vanishes*

Perhaps the NPc would drop an item in its haste.

Would be a nice injection of fun in an otherwise very grim game.

18 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Low shouldn't be capitalised here.  " I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. "  Stalker was a Guardian, and they were low (presumably in rank, unlikely he meant their physical location was low).  He was not a Low Guardian.

Thank you

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Which could be something that the NPC or the missions handler could comment on.

Would be a funny tidbit bit.

"What the? You led them right too me!" *uses a flashbang & vanishes*

"You're supposed to be the distraction!" *quickly uses a flashbang or smoke bomb then vanishes*

Perhaps the NPc would drop an item in its haste.

Would be a nice injection of fun in an otherwise very grim game.

Nah, the mission just ends because you didn't do your task. 

On 2018-12-04 at 1:42 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Thematic reasons. All Tenno are either A) players, or B) dead. NPC Tenno that are still alive kinda ruins the theme

Not exactly true. We keep hearing all this about a lone tenno operative raiding for supplies, yet are we able to take the supply raid mission? No. This implies that there are in fact other tenno out there. We've just never met them.

54 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Not exactly true. We keep hearing all this about a lone tenno operative raiding for supplies, yet are we able to take the supply raid mission? No. This implies that there are in fact other tenno out there. We've just never met them.

This has no actual basis in canon, but my read of that guy is that it was another "player" doing this kind of mission. The "player" is technically fictional because real players can't select that mission anymore, but at least it doesn't represent a non-player character who can actually show up inside the player's game while at the same time being a Tenno