Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

concept for lest used faction the Corrupted

ToxicBronze

concept for lest used faction the corrupted

Having looked at the corrupted I have come to one simple conclusion they are underused and underdeveloped given that we all know that the infected are next to get an open world area I feel that the corrupted should get an update to make them more menacing this includes updating there aesthetics, weapons and unit types

weapons

in order to up the danger factor of the corrupted I will suggest am update to weapon load out (note the weapons might not need to much more powerful as it is noted that tenno do seem to be much more deadly with Grineer and Corpus weapons than they do so slightly lesser prime weapons in stats should both scare players and make them look much more deadly)

(note although both Dakra Prime and Boar Prime are described as being made by tenno I suspect that they were made during the late orokin era and thus I felt free to include them.)

note my Ideas are very much work in porgress

Corrupted Lancer

Exchanging it’s dera for the always classic Braton Prime both are similar types of weapons from game mechanic stand point so little change necessary.

Corrupted Butcher

Swapping it’s Cleaver for the much more impressive Dakra Prime adding a touch of elegance to this former grineer alternately going for a much more grineer Powerfist vibe give it Ankyros Prime to play with.

Corrupted Heavy Gunner

Trading it’s primitive gorgon and back up Sheev for the far more elegant Soma Prime and a single Fang Prime as its back up weapon ready to destroy the enemy with ease.

Corrupted Crewman

the Corrupted Crewman swapped it’s Strun for the much more impressive Boar Prime slight behaviour modification will most likely be need

Corrupted Nullifier

Exchanging it’s Lanka for a Rubico Prime and updated it’s back up weapon to the Silva Prime mace for a more elegant look

Corrupted MOA

All ready fairly good I literally can not think of a way to make the worse

Corrupted Drones

I have no idea

Corrupted Bombard

All ready fairly good I literally can not think of a way to make the worse and the utter lack of tenno rocket luncher let alone a prime on makes updating a real nightmare

Corrupted Ancient

All ready fairly good I literally can not think of a way to make them worse

aesthetics

Corrupted Grineer

Corrupted Corpus

Corrupted Ancient

new unit types

Dax war spectre

based on the spectres used by teshin in the war within I purpose 5 new semi elite to elite units

category semi elite

blue Dax war spectre

Nikana Prime using with an ice Shield to protect it self and leaves a frozen path in its wake

white Dax war spectre

hunt at range with Cernos Prime bows

black Dax war spectre

highly mobile enemy units to turn invisible and hurling Spira Prime at foes, turning invisible and able to walk on walls

category elite

gold Dax war spectre

Orvius and Boltor Prime

red Dax war spectre

Reaper Prime, Hikou Prime and Paris Prime one

I'd certainly be interested in a Corrupted update! The concept of the Corrupted faction is something I find really interesting, like a testament that even the vestigial remnant of the Orokin's power is still a force to be reckoned with!

I'm into the idea of giving Corrupted counterparts Prime weapons; it'd help build a unified style for the Towers. For the Corrupted Bombard, I think it'd be fitting if they were given Paris Primes, with slower traveling, but explosive, arrows. Likewise, getting the Towers to deploy Specters of Dax is something I've always advocated for! I'd assume, they'd be treated like a 'modular' enemy, like the Comba and Scrambus of the Corpus.

My own suggestions on other things regarding the Corrupted faction:

• Rename the specific Corrupted Units (ie, not the prefixed units that occur in Fissures) to 'Gilded', and then 'Corrupted' units would just be units that have been taken control of, but not improved by the Towers. This implies that these units have been upgraded from their normal counterparts.
  • Alter the purpose of Orokin Drones... to what, though, I'm not sure, but it just seems weird for them to basically be just Shield Ospreys. (Just add 'Gilded Ospreys' to fill their role).
    • (Maybe act as a Tower's Alarm system, similar to how Grineer and Corpus run to control panels to activate alarms?)
  • Add a Summoner Unit, that can cause fissures that summon forth the units of other factions, instantly Corrupted, to be used in defense of the Tower.
  • Add a Doppelganger Unit, that can scan your Warframe, and become a Specter in its image, including Weapons and Companions, and be able to use its abilities.
    • (May have the added ability of being able to create Specters of any nearby Corrupt Units)
  • Add a unit with unique interactions with environmental hazards in the Tower, like being able to draw power from Death Orbs, or otherwise being able to have synergy with the Tower itself.
  • Add unique units that combine the philosophies of two factions for each unit, like having a heavy unit with both Shields and Armor, etc.
    • (Bombard-like unit with its own Nullifier Bubble xD)
  • Definitely want a Boss Fight against a Neural Sentry

Overall, though, I like this idea, and I really hope DE expands on the Corrupted in the future!

I’ve been thinking of corrupted Vor coming back and brings along with him, corrupted weapons and other orokin technology that the grineer uses to upgrade their weapons. Vor could even try to take over which causes problems with Vay Hek. Leading to a sort of grineer civil war. Which Vor opens portals across the solar system, releasing corrupteds everywhere. 

Maybe even introduces like a Seer Prime pistol. Since the Seer pistol used orokin technology with grineer. 

I thought of a Grim Reaper type warframe that even hunts down Vor due to him surviving death. And Vor is trying to avoid him. 

That would give the corrupted a boss of their own. And corrupted boss Vor would be more advanced and more complicated to beat vs his old self.