Graphics for poor people

Death_Stealth

Since warframe for switch was launched. I wonder if DE could release an update which allows pc users to use Nintendo graphics. Because otherwise it requires use of mods to take it to the potato mode. Honestly, I don't care about the graphics degrade if I can run 60fps fortuna.

Honestly, and this is going to come across quite blunt, I would rather see DE use their time adding in more content than specifically working on downgrading the game to cater for players who continue to think that their potatoes should be able to play this game.  It's about time people with toasters accepted their pc's aren't good enough to play 'modern' games like warframe and need to either upgrade or use their pc for 'classic' games from around the age of their pc. 

DE should optimise the game but they shouldn't be trying to cater for machines that aren't at the necessary level to play the game smoothly without knocking everything down BELOW the minimum settings in the game.  

The sooner DE comes out with those increased minimum specs the better imo. 

Edited by LSG501

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly, and this is going to come across quite blunt, I would rather see DE use their time adding in more content than specifically working on downgrading the game to cater for players who continue to think that their potatoes should be able to play this game.  It's about time people with toasters accepted their pc's aren't good enough to play 'modern' games like warframe and need to either upgrade or use their pc for 'classic' games from around the age of their pc. 

DE should optimise the game but they shouldn't be trying to cater for machines that aren't at the necessary level to play the game smoothly without knocking everything down BELOW the minimum settings in the game.  

The sooner DE comes out with those increased minimum specs the better imo. 

Do you realize that cutting people out of the game because you want to get uber performance is a kick in the digital balls of DE? We have no data regarding "people with toasters"  but it's a safe bet that many of them have and will spend money again on the game. Maybe they can't afford to buy a new PC right away or pay 200 (at least) bucks for a better GPU but they have definitely spent money on the game. You genius idea would cost DE money in the long run, prestige, a slice of the player base.

I can run the game just fine with medium/high settings but I would totally welcome optimization and keep my fellow Tenno from leaving the game.

1 hour ago, Death_Stealth said:

Since warframe for switch was launched. I wonder if DE could release an update which allows pc users to use Nintendo graphics. Because otherwise it requires use of mods to take it to the potato mode. Honestly, I don't care about the graphics degrade if I can run 60fps fortuna.

Open your video settings in game, tell us what it looks like. What options have you enabled and to what degree? I'm pretty sure you can run at least 30 fps constantly even on potato PCs without compromising graphics too much (not 60 FPS though, that's probably way too much)

Almost forgot, you screen native resolution too. If you play 1920X1080 you will have to downgrade (just checked, the lowest you can go to keep the 16:9 ratio on warframe should be 1280X720)

Edited by Olphalarepth

6 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

Do you realize that cutting people out of the game because you want to get uber performance is a kick in the digital balls of DE? We have no data regarding "people with toasters"  but it's a safe bet that many of them have and will spend money again on the game. Maybe they can't afford to buy a new PC right away or pay 200 (at least) bucks for a better GPU but they have definitely spent money on the game. You genius idea would cost DE money in the long run, prestige, a slice of the player base.

I can run the game just fine with medium/high settings but I would totally welcome optimization and keep my fellow Tenno from leaving the game. 

Actually I doubt it would cost DE money, in fact it might actually save them money.  Those same 'poor people' (it's in the title) with low end hardware are also not likely to be investing in the game, they're 'poor' remember, so from a 'business perspective' DE would be spending money with no or very little financial return...

If someone with a toaster is investing in the game and expecting DE to downgrade everything (to BELOW the minimum settings) then that player has poor judgement on how to use their money, instead of expecting a business to cater for them, they could instead be saving that money to upgrade their antiquated hardware, it's been obvious since the earth rework that the game is going to become more graphically intensive and that came out over 2 years ago.  I don't expect my 10+ year old pc to play modern games, I use that for games from around that era, I expect my newer pc to play modern games because it's hardware is of the era of the game it is playing, hell I don't expect my i7 4790k to play everything at max settings these days.... 

As I said optimisation is fine, but players who can't upgrade as regularly as others (and that's understandable, not everyone has disposable income for gaming) need to accept that if they can't upgrade their pc it will eventually stop being able to play modern games.   And lets be honest if a pc is struggling to play this game at below minimum settings then the hardware is 5+ years old so there's been plenty of time to save for upgrades, even at just £1 a week it's like £250 over 5 years.

10 hours ago, Death_Stealth said:

Sounds like even Nintendo Switch graphics would be superior to what you want to play with.

Actually, for the price of a Switch, (around £280) you could buy a GeForce 1060 graphics card, which would allow you to play 60fps at high settings.

Heck I get that kind of performance with a 1050TI card, which you can get for around £120-150.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

When my PC was down, I had an old work micro computer to play on. It was smaller than a Wii, no gfx card, 2 gigs of ram, basically no processor to speak of. And I was still able to play Warframe at 60 fps. The catch was: I turned literally everything off and (the BIG piece here) set the resolution to 800x600. Did it look like butt? You better believe it. But I could still play perfectly fine. I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone complaining about an old PC saying it can't play Warframe. It can, you just have to make sacrifices you may not be willing to make. And if that's the case, you just either have to: compromise, upgrade, or shush.

Spoiler

The only catch was I couldn't load into Plains because it only had 1gb of vram, so it would crash if you tried to step out of the gate, but still. This person is complaining about the performance of Fortuna, not the ability to step into it.

the thing is, the switch optimizations were already implemented with the launch of fortuna iirc.

If you can't play at lowest settings you need to upgrade you pc.

get a decent graphics card and you should be fine.

Ok Fortuna aside for the moment, do you get 60fps in Cetus(yes it's still horrible there) or the rest of the game at the settings you have now? 

If your PC cannot run Warframe properly, the wise idea is not to throw money at DE and ask them to make crummy graphics. This is a sign that financially you are unable to continue gaming and your best idea is to get more money from working more. It is time that you took a break from Warframe and instead spend that time working harder/studying more to get a better job, so you can buy good hardware and blow more money on games.

Is it really that hard for them though?

They just need to load the low poly textures into the game which they already made for the switch into the pc version. The whole reason why I said 'as switch warframe has been released' is because almost every desktop or laptop is more powerful than a switch. So this would basically cater to everyone. 

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Actually I doubt it would cost DE money, in fact it might actually save them money.  Those same 'poor people' (it's in the title) with low end hardware are also not likely to be investing in the game, they're 'poor' remember, so from a 'business perspective' DE would be spending money with no or very little financial return...

If someone with a toaster is investing in the game and expecting DE to downgrade everything (to BELOW the minimum settings) then that player has poor judgement on how to use their money, instead of expecting a business to cater for them, they could instead be saving that money to upgrade their antiquated hardware, it's been obvious since the earth rework that the game is going to become more graphically intensive and that came out over 2 years ago.  I don't expect my 10+ year old pc to play modern games, I use that for games from around that era, I expect my newer pc to play modern games because it's hardware is of the era of the game it is playing, hell I don't expect my i7 4790k to play everything at max settings these days.... 

As I said optimisation is fine, but players who can't upgrade as regularly as others (and that's understandable, not everyone has disposable income for gaming) need to accept that if they can't upgrade their pc it will eventually stop being able to play modern games.   And lets be honest if a pc is struggling to play this game at below minimum settings then the hardware is 5+ years old so there's been plenty of time to save for upgrades, even at just £1 a week it's like £250 over 5 years.

There are situations for people...

Anyways will it even cost much to implement this into game? The models and textures have already been made for switch, what makes you think that just implementing that graphics into pc version will be very costly. You know the GPU prices and I game on a laptop. I can't change my GPU in it.

Edited by Death_Stealth

10 hours ago, Olphalarepth said:

Open your video settings in game, tell us what it looks like. What options have you enabled and to what degree? I'm pretty sure you can run at least 30 fps constantly even on potato PCs without compromising graphics too much (not 60 FPS though, that's probably way too much)

Almost forgot, you screen native resolution too. If you play 1920X1080 you will have to downgrade (just checked, the lowest you can go to keep the 16:9 ratio on warframe should be 1280X720)

Yeah it's all in low. I keep my resolution up tho. That compression effect in full screen makes the UI really unusable. I use a 780p monitor anyway so 1366x780 is what I keep it on. But if I go to plains I sometimes change it to 1280x720. 800x600 is just straight up buggy to use for ui in full screen. But yeah 60 FPS no probs in that.

I forgot resolution was a thing and haven't changed it for fortuna.

But graphics on the low at 1366x768:

Normal missions:60 FPS

Poe: 30 FPS

Orb Vallis:15-20 FPS with a lot of stutters and freezing (I blame that on ram tho)

Graphics in low at 800x600:

Normal missions: Tearing 110 FPS (60Hz monitor)

Poe: 50-60fps depending if I'm fighting

Orb Vallis:need to check