Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey kiddo turn off option?

Wolf_of_Shadow

I know there is no turn off option, but do any of you think we could get the option to turn off the chance of your operator being posses and saying Hey kiddo all the time. I know it's a small complaint, but I feel so paranoid and anxious to turn around when i get in my ship. It just builds up so much fear to me. Again you can probably call me a loser for being so scared over this, but after Chains of Horrow questline I just get so scared. It's always on my mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fishworshipper said:

I mean, being paranoid about The Man in the Wall is kinda the point. Feels like it’d be a little silly to just turn “the player character is being possessed” off in the options menu.

You're totally right by that, I just wish we had the choice of it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wolf_of_Shadow said:

I know there is no turn off option, but do any of you think we could get the option to turn off the chance of your operator being posses and saying Hey kiddo all the time. I know it's a small complaint, but I feel so paranoid and anxious to turn around when i get in my ship. It just builds up so much fear to me. Again you can probably call me a loser for being so scared over this, but after Chains of Horrow questline I just get so scared. It's always on my mind.

Haven't had that problem since i started taking my meds that Trinity has prescribed to me, all the hallucinations are gone now.

-Just complete your main quest lines following Second Dream, Chains of harrow, Sacrifice etc etc. It should resolve the situation (As the month since Fortuna update... Wow Trinity's meds do WONDERS on my psyche)

17 minutes ago, Deathwing980 said:

Haven't had that problem since i started taking my meds that Trinity has prescribed to me, all the hallucinations are gone now.

-Just complete your main quest lines following Second Dream, Chains of harrow, Sacrifice etc etc. It should resolve the situation (As the month since Fortuna update... Wow Trinity's meds do WONDERS on my psyche)

So you're saying once you complete The Sacrifice it goes away?

Just now, Wolf_of_Shadow said:

So you're saying once you complete The Sacrifice it goes away?

I haven't seen or heard "hey kiddo" in a while... outside of the recent weapon addition but completed that and again, haven't had it pop back up, more than likely it WILL though because we still haven't had "the New war" drop when that was hinted too at Tennocon... so guess we will have to expect more "hey kiddo" events.

Use the menu to navigate your ship. My bf does this, because he always jumps out of his chair, when kiddo shows up. He meets creepy kid fewer times than me (i always go everywhere on the ship by foot).
But turning off is kinda silly, because this is probably the exact point of the whole thing, that you feel uncomfortable on your own ship, what supposed to be the safest place for you.

I have like, never gotten Random 'Hey Kiddo's, like, I got the first one when you get back, then the one for starting Chim, aaand then the one post Chim. Which is kinda a shame cause I like his voice and his jive. Just wanna know his agenda...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolf_of_Shadow said:

Thats rather the point. Also it doesn't happen that often. Its only happened to me twice since I completed the Chains of Harrow quest.

This is meant to be a grim, dark, & disturbing game (at times) - hence the 17 rating.

4 hours ago, Deathwing980 said:

that does not make him dissapear.

I had 3 or 4 encounters since chimera prologue. two of which were late at night when I just wanted to log in to get my login bonus