Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Find Extraction on Cassini (capture), Saturn for the Life of me

(NSW)Neeto

Question

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Neeto said:

I've probably spent half an hour just trying to find extraction after capturing the target. The marker shows but there is absolutely no way to get there. I felt like I've shot at everything to see if something breaks open. Is this a common bug?

I think there are doors that should open when the objective is completed. I think it is possible sometimes for them to not open at all. Was this a particular alert mission? If it was just a normal then you could just try retry it rather than finding extraction in frustration for 30 min lol

If you still don't find extraction after trying it one or two more times, I guess thats on DEs side to fix then.

Edited by Mabitude

1 minute ago, Mabitude said:

I think there are doors that should open when the objective is completed. I think it is possible sometimes for them to not open at all. Was this a particular alert mission? If it was just a normal then you could just try redo it rather than finding extraction in frustration for 30 min lol

If you still don't find extraction after trying it one or two more times, I guess thats on DEs side to fix then.

Yeah I got timed out anyway lol, I don't know why I even bothered. I thought the maps were the same each run so figured if I couldn't find it this time I probably wouldn't be able to otherwise either

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Neeto said:

Yeah I got timed out anyway lol, I don't know why I even bothered. I thought the maps were the same each run so figured if I couldn't find it this time I probably wouldn't be able to otherwise either

That's what they aren't :) The rooms may look the same but they are generated randomly into different places and you can also find 2 identical rooms near each other.

Sometimes the map generator forget to add an exit though...

When this happens, it means that the on-screen extraction marker is bugging out and you can't tell where the extraction is by looking at the mini-map. If this happens, the only way is for you to search all paths, 1 will lead to the extraction eventually. 

This is a common old bug in which DE can't seems to fix.

50 minutes ago, (NSW)Neeto said:

The marker shows but there is absolutely no way to get there. I felt like I've shot at everything to see if something breaks open. Is this a common bug?

At issue here is the game sucks with elevation / height differences.  It expects everything to be on one level horizontal plane and when it isn't #$^* breaks.  On the Saturn tile set there is one particular tile that has a series of three ramps that take you down quite a long distance from top to bottom.  When you are on the upper level and extraction is at the bottom or vice versa then expect the way point to be wonky.  That tile isn't the only one that causes the problem but it is by far the worst.