Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.3 + 24.1.3.1

[DE]Drew

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

• Fixed (potentially) crashes on Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. Everyone on the team wants to point out if you are in this scenario, you've resisted updating for almost 7 years. C'mon.

Ha ha, yeah.  But for real though windows 10 is a nightmare and I empathize with anyone going through extraordinary lengths to avoid it.  My PC recently melted because I was doing things I shouldn't have, and I didn't have an option to use anything but Windows 10 on a replacement.  Would if I could though.

Honestly, we have an ignore function. Chat moderation should just be to prevent bots, spammers, scammers, cheaters, etc. "Behaviorial issues" are best resolved between individuals, except when it breaks the law (such as death threats or doxxing). Nothing worse than games trying to be the chat/thought police.

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed (potentially) crashes on Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. Everyone on the team wants to point out if you are in this scenario, you've resisted updating for almost 7 years. C'mon

You people should force those peasants to upgrade their potatoes PC's by stopping support Win 7 and below. I know, it's harsh but... C'mon.

1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

Nothing worse than games trying to be the chat/thought police.

Treading on an upturned plug, ouch!!

Stubbing your toe on furniture, oooo

I could think of shedloads more that aren't even foot related. ☺️

can you not deploy hotfixes during the night cycle?

or atleast give us a advance warning instead of 3 minutes before ;/

spent 30 minutes tryna fight a eidolon only to lose it all >.<

its cool that it's bug fixes and all.

it's still fustrating though.

Thank you! You're amazing. Many other companies wouldn't bat an eye at chat moderation failures or would make a small, insignificant change that might make things worse. 
Also, how far along is the process of debugging the spots in Vallis that have dropped fps? Still running into some spots (even while solo) that if you step 1 foot one way, fps drops to 10, but as soon as you step back, fps is restored to normal.

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

Unfortunately...

It also wouldn't be wise for players not wanting to share their info with MS and their advertisers. Win 10 is not a privacy friendly OS. There is a reason some have jumped through such hoops to make Win 7 64 bit run on newer chipsets that had their support officially dropped. Can't recall Win 7 deleting folk's entire Documents folder because of an MS patch either.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Drew:
  • Fixed non-energy draining abilities getting canceled when riding vehicles. 

Does this mean:

• Rhinos Iron Skin won't be dispelled
  • Chromas Elemental Ward and Vortex Armor
  • Nezhas first and 4th skill
  • and many many other duration based skills

won't be canceled when entering archwing-mode on the PoE, OV and other similar missions where you can either walk or ride the archwing/k-drive?

Edit: nevermind, still canceling them out, here i thought i could maybe keep the buffs up without restacking them when flying to the altar between the eidolons.

DE, please explain what you exactly meant with that "fix" you mentionend there.

thanks

9 minutes ago, Urlan said:

It also wouldn't be wise for players not wanting to share their info with MS and their advertisers. Win 10 is not a privacy friendly OS. There is a reason some have jumped through such hoops to make Win 7 64 bit run on newer chipsets that had their support officially dropped. Can't recall Win 7 deleting folk's entire Documents folder because of an MS patch either.

I was finally able to shut down enough of Win10's telemetry and data collection to feel okay using it, but even then I still ran into audio driver problems - specifically, the issues plagueing motherboards with RealTek onboard audio. I wasn't about to use a PCI-E slot for a discrete sound card, so back to Win7 I went.

It's been about a year since I last touched Win10; maybe that has been solved by now.

33 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

Ha ha, yeah.  But for real though windows 10 is a nightmare and I empathize with anyone going through extraordinary lengths to avoid it.  My PC recently melted because I was doing things I shouldn't have, and I didn't have an option to use anything but Windows 10 on a replacement.  Would if I could though.

27 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

You people should force those peasants to upgrade their potatoes PC's by stopping support Win 7 and below. I know, it's harsh but... C'mon.

I think what various responses in this thread are missing is that the Tenno on Windows 7 pre-Service Pack 1 are running a version that doesn't get security updates anymore, just like Windows XP.  Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, which is a free update that fixes far more things than it breaks still has security and stability updates for at least another year.  I can think of no valid reason why a networked computer should have Windows 7 without SP1.

Relatedly, DE is looking to end Windows XP support SoonTM, which will open the door for broader use of newer Windows APIs.

18 minutes ago, REstarto said:

can you not deploy hotfixes during the night cycle?

or atleast give us a advance warning instead of 3 minutes before ;/

spent 30 minutes tryna fight a eidolon only to lose it all >.<

its cool that it's bug fixes and all.

it's still fustrating though.

You don't need to leave the mission until after the fight... I regularly finish entire tridolon fights from lure fetching for when you first start Terry all the way until the end of the thing, and I have done so teaching newbies from near dusk til dawn how to fight tridolons with the "please update at your convenience" thing on there. Never stopped my rewards or efforts before, the only thing that can do so is a hardware fix, which does kick everyone, but we last saw those in the Fortuna lead up and again in the PoE lead up and gets weeks notice before hand.

Archived