Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.3 + 24.1.3.1

[DE]Drew

4 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.3

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.3.1

• Fixed a crash that could occur with gore disabled.
  • Fixed (potentially) crashes on Windows 7 without Service Pack 1. Everyone on the team wants to point out if you are in this scenario, you've resisted updating for almost 7 years. C'mon.
  • Fixed a crash in the Ambulas fight.
  • Fixed an issue with the mining laser UI getting stuck on screen if town gates were opening.
  • Fixed additional crashes.

any news on if this is ever going to get fixed? over two months now 

For the love of god, PLEASE just let players select the echo-Lures from the damn gear wheel. PLEASE? You took this option away last hot-fix, and it makes the entire conservation minigame so much of a pain in the ass that I don't even bother doing it anymore. PLEASE change this back to how it was, OR, if you can't, give us both options. You know, a choice for how we want to play? Look, it's a simple User Experience issue. Anyone even remotely familiar with UX will tell you the same. Find someone on the team with a UX background and ask them.

The old method had 2 steps:

1. Hold Q to open the gear wheel.
  2. Select your lure.

The new, broken system has up to SIX steps:

1. Hold Q top open the gear wheel.
  2. Select the tranq gun.
  3. If the lure you want is already shown, press the 2 key to select the lure.

OR

1. If the lure you want isn't already shown, then hold the 2 key to open another bloody wheel.
  2. Select the lure you want.
  3. Press 2 to use the lure.

How is this an improvement? Why would you take away the much more efficient and hassle-free option, and force this new method on the players? This is bad design. I understand that someone on the team might be insistent that their new way is better, but they are wrong. Please, let us do both.

1 hour ago, squirrel_killer- said:

As someone who is part of the "let's for multi-hour runs in Mot for enemies of a decent level" community, let me sympathize with you before I warn you, DE will never give one segment of the community these little things. Those of us that go hours in Mot don't go hours because we want to go a long time in survival, we go hours because we want to see the high level enemies for the last 30 minutes of our run so we can test out our broken minmaxed builds, this is easily fixed by starting missions at higher levels than anything currently starts. DE has never given that either. Letting only some people check out of Survival and others to stay? Never got that. A mode where enemy spawns are always as if you had four player parties? Nope. Min-maxing tridolons is another small part of the community, but more recently formed I will give you, and they can expect the same treatment sadly.

Most Eidolon runners, myself included, don't do more than 3x3 at best with randoms and mostly optimized gear. Welcome to the niche-community-DE-will-never-care-about-in-more-than-lip-service club. I do sympathize with your frustrations, but I don't expect you to have much luck. DE doesn't care for us minmaxers, they are laser focused on 20-30 minute game play bites, and tune everything towards that.

However this person said 30 minutes fighting an Eidolon. This means they could not do more than one Eidolon in a night if it takes them 30+ minutes a piece, as you have 50 minutes of night to work with, so your minmax argument is moot there. Most people learning Eidolons chew through their first few terries in about 20 minutes or so from what I can tell, solo players take a bit longer, then later on they start to chew through Terries in 7 minutes. Tridolons in about 40 minutes the first few times, but bring that down to about 15 minutes as well. 5x3 requires a cycle time of less than 9 minutes or so, something very few players in the game do, because as you pointed out it takes damn good communication, damn good loading which can be slowed by computer hardware, and the right builds. Doable? Yes, I have done it once, common or part of the larger community? No, and as such, well as someone who wants DE to better support running Mot for 4 hours or to get to that high level content sooner, I sympathize.

At least I can just leave one Mot run and start another anytime right? Doesn't matter it took me 3.5 hours to get to the enemy level range I was looking for. Am I salty? Yes, but not at you or people like you, but rather the fact DE has basically told the part of the community I belong to to get stuffed, and the fact other communities in the game then expect to get special treatment when many people from them wouldn't ever back up us endurance runners. I do think DE should change it so that you can do as you can on the OV and take bounties, including recent Eidolons, from the plains, that would also allow you to wait out the whole night without needing to restart the game.

I hope they give you the stuff you deserve to play at the high level minmaxing content you enjoy, the same way I hope we one day get support for what we want over here in "let's push Mot to insanely high enemy level" land.

I also agree with the rest of your post.

Postnote: the reason I don't minmax tridolons is because I know it isn't worth it when DE never supports that minmax play style even when their game pushes you towards it by nature.

Another Postnote: You know the fact that the night cycle doesn't even happen at the same point every day further causes issues for them to dodge the Cetus cycle, they could start the build when it is Cetus day, but it ends up being ready and launching come Cetus night. This would be avoidable if cetus was on a 3 hour cycle and they could just not launch during those reliable same 2 hour periods that happen every day at the same time every while hunting happened, but no, they wanted to make sure everyone would have a chance during their play hours to hunt Eidolons, incase you only play for 1-2 hours from 7pm-8/9pm you would always have a chance to fight Eidolons as some days the 2.5hour cycle would favour you, others it would not but we need to make sure everyone has the chance, unlike the Silver Grove quest noble intentions for sure.

Instead they now have to check Cetus time before launching a Hotfix, and that is assuming they care enough to go with it, as most of the time the person working on it just wants to push release and get feedback before they go home.

super big quote i know but it's the easiest way of answering your post. First of all. Nice post. And thank you for taking the time. This actually really, i don't want to say calmed me, helped a little would be more fitting.

I come from a "hardcore" community that specialized on leaderboard events to the point that we have, or should i say had, 100 players ready to grind whatever event DE would throw at us 15 hours a day until it ended, because it was kind of the "only" PVE content you could do in competition to others? You certainly know what I mean.

In the last year or year and a half, our community slowly fell apart, due to no events coming anymore without any kind of explanation or reasoning. We tried to hold onto it for a long ass time, we had internal events, focussed our groups and structure towards speerunning trials, although it wasn't the same, we had a trial triple to complete every night, which held what was left of the event community together.

Although i think Sheldon or one of the guys mentioned leaderboard events were going to return, we haven't heard more of it since and with everyday that passes, someone else of the "old guys" that created all of it - The clan structure, the internal hierarchies with cool ways of obtaining in-clan titles inside events, that build a community - leave... 😞

Tridolons helped a bit, due to them being speedrunnable, but after nearly 1000 hydrolist captures they get a little boring. Fortuna with the big Orbs was the last thing that i held out hope for. Perhaps the Orbs could bring back that old feeling of "real" challenge back, something one could tackle with the boys, sth i could honestly contact all those people with and say it's worth coming back for...  not yet.

The problem is: DE tried to give us something. I know they did.  ESO was one of them. started so promising, it had a leaderboard, it was fast scaling random generated content. But for some reason they soft capped it, instead of not being able to sustain due to not being able to kill enemies because they grew to powerful, nop, not enough enemies spawn. What a disappointment that was...  Arbitrations are another thing they tried for "endgame". Welp without competition with other teams it feels like just another mission you can run endlessly until the enemies stop spawning.

I don't even know what to write anymore.

Leaderboard events please. one every 3 Months. That's all my community of ~350 people would need to be perfectly happy with the game.

I Hope you guys have more luck finding things that are fun for you.

To squirrel, thanks mate. Have a great day

Edit: for everyone from the "gold old days" here: We were formerly a clan named EGT-Eingreiftrupp, some of you might remeber.

So frame fighter officially gets the same treatment as every other game mode you make its buggy and doesn't work you fix about 2 things and forget about it. These game modes aren't played because you dont fix them either fix them or remove them outright. 

2 minutes ago, chggr said:

great,how bout helpin me delete my inbox..it leaves when i come back its still there.been like this for over a year

i think that's (at least for me it is) just the important story related mail and i think that's a feature.

27 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state. (it's getting really annoying)

• sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger whereas before it lowers the shield towards the hand when you start swinging.

Before chimera update

koQE7oR.jpg

now

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• lex conlave skin's magazine sticks out at the sides.

N0ha0M7.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for arca sisco, stubba,euphona prime, and pandero once again.

arca sisco

weQR1tX.jpg

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

Archived