Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime and Ignis Wraith

BillyRayV1rus

Question

Just hit MR9 last night and got an Ignis Wraith.  I'm working on getting it built up, but I wanted to see what you guys recommend for status.  I see a lot of builds using corrosive.  However, I have also seen mention over many forum and reddit posts that gas is the way to go for spore popping.  Right now I am building it with Thermite Rounds, Malignant Force, and Infected Clip, which gives me the gas status. Once, I'm able to polarize it some more, I'll run Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber.  For my secondary I'm running Synoid Gammacor with magnetic and corrisive, and for my melee I'm running Nikana Prime with Viral. 

So, I guess my question is, is gas the way to go for Saryn, or is corrosive just better?  This is mostly for ESO.

22 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

gas or corrosive is fine, if you can fit cold on also its useful 

gas >corrosive at higher levels ,but normally corrosive >gas in high to low and is flat across the board in terms of damaging enemies 

combined with her lash you get toxic anyway on top of all that 

Might be a stupid question, but I am not in front of the game at the moment.  Is it possible to get cold and gas together?  Thermite+Malignant+Cryo?  Sorry, I've only been playing a few weeks, and I'm still trying to figure all this out.

27 minutes ago, V1rus-AIDS- said:

Might be a stupid question, but I am not in front of the game at the moment.  Is it possible to get cold and gas together?  Thermite+Malignant+Cryo?  Sorry, I've only been playing a few weeks, and I'm still trying to figure all this out.

no worries

yes

gas = (heat+toxic) then cold

corrosive = (toxic+shock) then cold 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Spores proc corrosive, so I guess gas is the way to go...and it's almost the same setup I use myself, just a different Melee

I'm really only using Nikana for fashion. Was using Scoliac, which is a lot of fun with the memeslide.  They both work just fine, but I prefer the guns.

Personally, Corrosive, Viral, and magnetic if you can fit it.

It's a cocktail of death combination when you have a bunch of Status proc and element mods for your flame thrower. 

Also a quick tip, the mod slots work as following for Element combinations

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

so it goes through 1-8 in order, so long as your mod is in a combination area say. 1 and 2, it will combine with its element, i have noticed this when experimenting.

So if first combination happens, second combiantion will occur later with other element card and not override.

Edited by Deathwing980

5 minutes ago, V1rus-AIDS- said:

Thermite+Malignant+Cryo?

Yes this works. Tested it for you...but you would lose another mod (in my case v. armaments is the least useful of the build)

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

corrosive = (heat+shock) then cold 

corrosive is toxin + eletric. Your combination is radiation

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Yes this works. Tested it for you...but you would lose another mod (in my case v. armaments is the least useful of the build)

I was thinking; Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Thermite Rounds, Malginant Force and Cryo Rounds.  I would be dropping Infected Clip for Cryo Rounds. This would weaken the gas damage for sure.

With the innate heat on the gun, could I run Rime Rounds + Malginant Force + Infected Clip?

Edited by V1rus-AIDS-

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

That's mine:

ignis.jpg

I just switch High Voltage for Thermite to have Gas. So I would have to drop V. Armaments to squeeze in Rime Rounds

Oh, I see.  I was concerned with running two 60/60 mods and one 90.  Is two 60/60 overkill, for the status chance?

6 minutes ago, V1rus-AIDS- said:

Oh, I see.  I was concerned with running two 60/60 mods and one 90.  Is two 60/60 overkill, for the status chance?

status depends on need lash grants a status buff and toxic grantee, so most tend to use damage mods 

cold can extend slash procs and bypass armor as well as stack other damages onto itself , heat is 50% to all flesh types , cold is much the same but affects armored and shield enemies also so it is usually my go to over heat 

Gas, gas, gas and then some gas, it is the only element worth it for her since #1 = corrosive, #4 = viral, so pointless to slot for either. Pretty much just use 60/60 toxin and 90% toxin, no need for anything else since additional heat mods wont increase the DoT from the gas proc, it only relies on your modded toxin plus flat damage increases. And since a Gas ignis has nothing else that competes it will always proc gas when it procs a status. Adding any other element will gimp your Gas stacking and thus gimp your AoE damage bonus from gas procs aswell.

30 minutes ago, Deathwing980 said:

Personally, Corrosive, Viral, and magnetic if you can fit it.

It's a cocktail of death combination when you have a bunch of Status proc and element mods for your flame thrower. 

Also a quick tip, the mod slots work as following for Element combinations

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

so it goes through 1-8 in order, so long as your mod is in a combination area say. 1 and 2, it will combine with its element, i have noticed this when experimenting.

So if first combination happens, second combiantion will occur later with other element card and not override.

That only applies if the weapon has innate combinations already. Ignis cant though. It can get Gas+Magnetic, Blast+Corrosive or Radiation+Viral. Pure Gas for Saryn being the best while corrosive+heat is the best general purpose Ignis since it got alot of status procs going, so strips armor in seconds. Magnetic also works well if you run high level Fortuna alert level in order to take out the overshielded Orbs really fast.

Edited by SneakyErvin

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Gas, gas, gas and then some gas, it is the only element worth it for her since #1 = corrosive, #4 = viral, so pointless to slot for either. Pretty much just use 60/60 toxin and 90% toxin, no need for anything else since additional heat mods wont increase the DoT from the gas proc, it only relies on your modded toxin plus flat damage increases. And since a Gas ignis has nothing else that competes it will always proc gas when it procs a status. Adding any other element will gimp your Gas stacking and thus gimp your AoE damage bonus from gas procs aswell.

So, my ideal would be something like; Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Malignant Force, Infected Clip, and then a slot for something else.  I'm thinking Vigilante Armaments, Vile Acceleration, or maybe Sinister Reach?

15 hours ago, V1rus-AIDS- said:

So, my ideal would be something like; Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Malignant Force, Infected Clip, and then a slot for something else.  I'm thinking Vigilante Armaments, Vile Acceleration, or maybe Sinister Reach?

I run Serration, Point Strike, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Malignant Force, Infected Clip, Armaments and Speed Trigger. With how multishot works on Beam weapons, Armaments come very close to how Vital Sense performs on Ignis/Wraith due to its avarage crit chance. Armaments+Split Chamber gives you an automatic 2x damage per tick with a 50% chance to increase it to 3x damage per tick. Crits also scale with this and are added after the check for multishot.

Going pure gas, even though it has highest damage is not advisable at all if you have trouble taking incoming damage. Even if you have a tanky af saryn, since you don't have any form on CC on weapon you will still take much more damage (esp if soloing) than if you had run gas+cold, corro+heat or rad+viral. Rad/viral has the lowest damage output but actually works fantastically for spore spreading and CCing due to how enemies will clump together and attack each other.

Every ESO ignis build should have sinister reach slotted imo. Having that extra 12m range helps immensely with spore spreading potential since you can hit enemies much further away without having to run your ass across a big map. Be aware that having vile acceleration/speed trigger on can actually backfire as ammo economy can become an issue in later stages of ESO (should be running a smeeta and not carrier), especially if you are trigger happy and love holding the fire button down.

When your Saryn build is right you won't really need to rely on a weapon to kill enemies, so more focus can be put on QoL/CC to make ESO more convenient and safe.