Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should the time for the construction on Equinox's aspects be reduced?

(PSN)Scats_the_Odd

Okay so I recently started getting back to building Equinox after building Nova Prime and Revenant and after collecting and building all her parts for the Aspects I noticed that both aspects take 72 hours to build. Now I understand that you are essentially building two Warframes that combine into one but the aspects aren't technically Warframes they are just two halves of one whole, or two parts made of many other parts. Furthermore I do not believe that having both aspects take 72 hours is really necessary since Equinox herself also takes 72 hours.to build as well. Essentially you are potentially looking at more than a weeks’ worth of waiting if you don't build the aspects at the same time. My suggestion would be either half the time needed to build each aspect, since they aren't technically Warframes but parts to a Warframe, or make it to where Equinox herself is built very quickly since you already have the two halves built.

Does it matter in the end? If I have my frame after 4 days or 7 days...meh. I am so not in a hurry when it gets down to new weapons/frames.

Another argument against your idea (and from DE PoV) there is less need to rush/buy the frame, so the average spent plat on equinox will decrease.

Just to clarify this: I am not saying your idea is bad, nor am I against it. I just don't see a reason for DE to do it. It's kinda the "24hrs Forma" thread in a different wrapping

What does plat have to do with this? Also the reason I am proposing a change to the length is that, Besides Chroma, Equinox is probably the frame that has the longest amount of time consumption gathering/building parts compared to other frames that have there parts obtained through standard bosses. Not to mention that although some people may be able to wait a week and a half,it would feel like an excessive amount of time to wait for a majority of other players since every other frame can be built in a third of the time. I am simply trying to suggest a way to make Equinox feel like less of a chore to build compared to other frames.

Edited by (PS4)Scats_the_Odd
Clarification

4 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

every other frame can be built in a third of the time.

given you start all parts at the same time and immediately start the frame:

any frame: parts 12hrs + frame 72hrs = 84hrs

equinox: parts 12hrs + aspects 72hrs + frame 72hrs = 156hrs

early class math: 156/84 = 1,857 which isn't even 2 times as long

5 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

I am simply trying to suggest a way to make Equinox feel like less of a chore to build compared to other frames.

Rush her or buy her. As simple as the math above.

What does plat have to do with this?

What doesn't have plat to do with this. How do you think DE gets the money for this game?

I mean. Reducing the time to build on the aspects would be nice and all, but build time is something that happens passively, continues when you're offline, and is something you only ever have to worry about once. I'd say three more days of build time is a drop in the bucket as far as Equinox's long list of problems goes. 

I'm speaking on behalf of people who don't have the plat to rush or buy there frames. I am in collage, am very free to play, and don,t have the funds to buy premium currency. Also I was estimating when I said a third of the time. Your also not accounting for every individual part but rather lumping them all together. You are assuming that the person will build each part all at once but not everyone does this since certain parts are rarer than others, some people wont have the time to grind, and may build the part right away due to there limited time. This is exasperated for Equinox since she has essentially double the normal amount of parts.

12 + 12 + 12 = 36 x 2 = 72

72 x 2 = 144 and since Equinox herself takes 72 hours as well 144 becomes 216

If you cant rush the frame you potentially have to wait 216 hours total to build her.

And yes I now time will vary from person to person due to RNG, build used on Tyl Regor, time available, and of coarse how much money you are willing to shell out on speeding up build time.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

You are assuming that the person will build each part all at once but not everyone does this since certain parts are rarer than others

Ok, according to your math every frame needs adjusted crafting times. Khora took me 3 weeks...thats 21x24hrs = 504hrs, while I got Equinox in under 2 weeks...let's say 10 days: 240hrs. This means Equinox is 2 times faster than Khora to build. I mean, I did have Khoras parts but not her  BP and it didn't drop. If you haven't guessed it so far: This is sarcastic. Ofc I count the crafting time only because I stated it in my very first sentence that's a given. Every other counting is inaccurate. You could also say Rhino takes 2 years to craft because you didn't bother to farm Jackal more than 2 times. :facepalm:

17 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

I am in collage, am very free to play, and don,t have the funds to buy premium currency.

Actually, If you would rush her, you would have to pay more than buying her right from the Market. Also what's this statement? It's like saying I have no money but I don't want to work. You can easily make 50-100 plat per day as soon as you have access to a Dojo and the Derelict. All those "I don't have plat" statements are lame and lazy excuses.

But you can write support. Maybe they will give you 100 Warframe slots with every frame and 400 Weapon slots with all weapons, because you don't have money or time to farm and craft your stuff. Again: sarcasm.

This Forum was created as a way to suggest an idea for Equinox not as a way for you to shame frugal players, what does it matter to you how much money someone else spends in this FREE to PLAY game? I spend money on PS4 bundles that include weapons, plat, and cosmetics because its a good deal but other than those deals the only big purchase I made with plat was for Wukong since my clan didn't have his parts unlocked. Every other frame I unlocked for free in game without rushing. Over a 9 month period I have unlocked just over half the warframe roster (with Nekros being the newest one I am building and five of those frames being primed), and have completed all quests so far, all while barely spending any money. So forgive me for being tired of waiting for things to build and trying to suggest a change when confronted with a frame that has a unique problem.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

So forgive me for being tired of waiting for things to build

I have maxed almost any item existing in this game. The 3 Moas with their weapons and 2 boards are missing, also the Founders exclusive stuff.

I only bought 2 frames so far for plat I got via trading.

You don't have to tell me about waiting for an item...I waited much longer. (I also do have 5 Equinox to farm Focus for each school - just add the fact I waited 5 times for Equinox to finish)

16 hours ago, (PS4)Scats_the_Odd said:

This Forum was created as a way to suggest an idea for Equinox not as a way for you to shame frugal players

I only bought some Tennogen and some Accessory packs because there is no other way of buying them for PC. So I am  pretty sure you even spent more than I did (to your frugal/student spending argument. I am a student myself btw)

And yes, you suggested an idea on this Forum and I explained to you with hard facts why your idea will not even be considered by DE. There was not a single shaming on anybody, so there is no reason to call me a jerk

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Its just a low blow man, bringing up someone else's finances. Not to mention you have been playing longer than me so of coarse your gonna have more stuff. But just because you don't have to do deal with it as badly doesn't mean it isn't a problem. It would be like if a billionaire said that gas prices aren't so bad when at the time he said it gas prices were at 6 bucks a gallon.

Its just a low blow man, bringing up someone else's finances

You did. Not me.

I was just saying you could rush/buy her with platinum. Not should. I also said I am a student myself who has to look at each cent myself. Almost every plat I own I got from trading. You on PS4 can buy everything with plat. I have to pay hard cash on Tennogen. So just a bit of selling and you are fine. You actually have to spent less real money. Please stop with this argument.

Not to mention you have been playing longer than me

Doesn't change the fact, that it "only" takes just 3 days more. And if you struggle with plat, you struggle with time playing, which means these 3 days won't break you any limb.

It would be like if a billionaire

Neither of us is...

No. Because if she is easier to get, the next thing you hear is "nerf her power plox thx" from these people who want to turn WF into Dark Souls. 

Heck, many of them already ignore the difficulty of farming X,Y,Z item and shout for nerfs anyway. 

Edited by Xepthrichros