Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EpicReborn778

How rare is the 75% off Platinum coupon?

Question

Title says it all. Exactly how rare is the 75% coupon? I've had my eye on the highest plat bundle for a bit now, and no luck yet. I've also seen various rumors like "Mastery Rank plays a factor in it" and "Don't log on for a week and you will get one." Does anyone know if these rumors are true as well? I'm still 99% sure it's just luck.

10 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, EpicReborn778 said:

I'm still 99% sure it's just luck.

That's exactly what it is.

27 minutes ago, EpicReborn778 said:

"Don't log on for a week and you will get one."

That's a myth.

I've heard from others who purchase plat, that they get regularly get 75% off, and they purchase plat with it, and get another down the road not too far. They "think" because they didn't purchase plat 1 time when they had such a coupon, that they only got a 50% off the time after, because they were some how previously flagged to get nothing but 75% off because it's incentive to buy more. That's also a myth if you want my opinion. It's RNG based.

The last time I saw a 75% off was October 24th. I know this because with the changes to Daily Tribute, people were posting all over the forums asking if those are still on the reward list, so I took a screenshot of it to post in those threads to confirm that it does come up.

Bottom line: It's RNG based, so it could be rare for you, or fairly common.

The don't login for a week get coupon is a myth.  In the five plus years I've played I've had none for the first three years which included some breaks.  I took several months out before PoE logging in from time to time without any.

I think in total I've had four.

Your country/region may be a contributing factor.

I get almost never get one (UK), my friend who is from eastern europe  (so wages are lower) gets one at least a couple of times a month.

But mostly it's random.

It may be random, but I expect some analytics is in play for supporting the business model.

I only purchase Plat when I get 75% discounts, 

I have gotten one every month and I have used it regularly (I only use the second lowest option). 

It is a legit business model, but I have no way of confirming or proving it. 

Nor am I complaining. 

I'm at 230 or something days logged in. I've gotten 75% once. I know people claim the long break method, but when I took 3 weeks off, it didn't do anything impressive in terms of discounts.

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

That's a myth.

I've heard from others who purchase plat, that they get regularly get 75% off, and they purchase plat with it, and get another down the road not too far. They "think" because they didn't purchase plat 1 time when they had such a coupon, that they only got a 50% off the time after, because they were some how previously flagged to get nothing but 75% off because it's incentive to buy more. That's also a myth if you want my opinion. It's RNG based.

The last time I saw a 75% off was October 24th. I know this because with the changes to Daily Tribute, people were posting all over the forums asking if those are still on the reward list, so I took a screenshot of it to post in those threads to confirm that it does come up.

Bottom line: It's RNG based, so it could be rare for you, or fairly common.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure those "theories" didn't seem right. 

Think I've gotten it 3-4 times in 520 days. The coupons are uncommon but they do drop.

All Hail our benevolent overlord RNG. 

3 minutes ago, EpicReborn778 said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure those "theories" didn't seem right. 

It's not a myth. My girlfriend is some 150 miles away so I travel back and forth for a week+ once a month, every time WITHOUT EXCEPTION for the past twelve months I'd get a -75% when I get home. No joke.

It's not a myth, it's "we haven't seen you in a while, there might be new stuff, you might want some platinum, here's a discount we're glad you're back" kind of deal.

If I remember right I got it twice in the past year. The second time I got it was after I stopped playing the game for months. I didn't even use it since I hadn't used the plat I bought from the first time.