Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Hotfixes And Game Changes, What If....

Desauron

DE would play the game, just as we play it so they would see just like us the bugs.

And why does DE make changes about frames now?? I mean, was it.. hard for them to.. think and anticipate how the new warframes and their abilities would unbalance the whole game? seems so...

What if DE would stop adding new content and start fixing all existing and posible bugs?

Because it has become very very predictable: they add a new warframe > we get angry on the new bugs > they fix the new bugs on the new warframe > we get angry on the fact that its very powerful comparted to other warframes > they change the abilities and balance the game > we get angry that they "nerfed" it > they ignore this and fix random old or new bugs > we are happy that they fix the new bugs and we are angry because we are bored now > they introduce new warframe and the cycle repeat itself.

Same things with vauban, then with nova, and now same thing will be with necro. Same S#&$.... different waframe, until they run out of ideeas and the game will go down.

The game isnt sustainable by itself, it needs a new content every month or 2 months or so, because if not, it gets boring VERY fast.

So here are some tips about how to make the game be sustainable:

- make the game trick us it is open world, reason: WE WANT AND NEED TO EXPLORE. Its cheaper this way, and you wont need new content every month or so.

How to do that you ask? Add constant and real enemies that have a VISIBLE impact on the solar system. They conquer a planet, we lose resources, they start building bases, with stationary cannons and if we win back that planet, we will be able to meet up there other tenno, do duels, rebuild the ecosystem (fauna, flora). This way we will socialize (this will keep us going and never gets old), we will explore and we will be under a constant threat.

- radio in game by DE or some players, this will keep us going and never gets old, because of curiousity (hmm what will steve put on radio this time?)

- voids should be constant exploration playground, and each time a void map should have a boss.Because from the name itself the void should offer unlimited posibility of gameplay.

- most maps should have a 3 floors, and if you fall down, you dont fall into a pit or crater, you simply fall into the first floor.

- more penalty = more adventure, if you fall into lava you are dead, if you fall into a canyon you are dead, if you fall into a huge crater, you are dead. Dieing by falling will result into a failure of mission. Now this will be more fun, because players will have the ability to chose to play smart and this way, they wont rush anymore. And this is how cooperative gameplay is encouraged.

- some map should have the purpose of just exploring, and not killing. We got the first natural wild critter, why not make more? I mean im just tired of the mess infested faction is doing when its trying to kill me, or the noise the corpus moas are doing in their desperate attempt to kill me. The grinner are just annoying, running in circles around me, then they decide to shoot or hit me. I want to receive a mission from lotus to explore a hidden temple, recover an artifact from there. And in my way, to see only natural and friendly life forms. And to have the posibility to admire them a bit, because sometimes to much action.... is just to much...

- Big &#! bosses, yes we want them. Yes we like them, yes this is challenging, and yes we want to be challanged.

- survival arena, yes we want this to but until a limited numer of waves. And harder enemies means smarter AI, heavy squads (napalm, gunner, bombard and commander 3 of each) and the posibility to actualy form a plan with the squad to take down enemies.

- cyborg pets with NEEDS (this should keep us going alot)

- new enemies that fly and can climb walls

- we need jet packs, grapling hooks and other gear that makes our fighiting style more strategical (i wanna see those charges jumping at me while im hanging and shooting them)

And as a last, sincere request, please..... leave a reply here with your toughts DE about my ideeas. I maybe ask for to much, for for a lil feedback, cmon.... cant be that hard, right?

DE would play the game, just as we play it so they would see just like us the bugs.

They cannot play the game like us. They have too much they need to devote to development. To think they don't playtest is a little silly, though.

And why does DE make changes about frames now?? I mean, was it.. hard for them to.. think and anticipate how the new warframes and their abilities would unbalance the whole game? seems so...

Can you tell the future? Do you know how ever single decision you're going to make is going to affect all the decisions you've already made? If so, I think you might just be the most powerful being on the planet.

It's impossible for them to anticipate everything. With modern games and rolling content updates, balancing on the run is the only way to do it.

What if DE would stop adding new content and start fixing all existing and posible bugs?

This would be good. After U!0, I think the next big milestone should be a bug fix/performance increase dedicated patch, with little to no new content. Let their content teams keep working on stuff, of course.

Because it has become very very predictable: they add a new warframe > we get angry on the new bugs > they fix the new bugs on the new warframe > we get angry on the fact that its very powerful comparted to other warframes > they change the abilities and balance the game > we get angry that they "nerfed" it > they ignore this and fix random old or new bugs > we are happy that they fix the new bugs and we are angry because we are bored now > they introduce new warframe and the cycle repeat itself.

Unfortunately, this will NEVER change. As explained, you cannot fully anticipate all the bugs and balance needs until the content has been tested by the community.

And we're here to test the game, we're beta testers NOT retail players. They're doing it exactly how they should be doing it.

If you don't like this, I suggest you leave and wait until the game has been fully released.

-

Some good suggestions after that, let's hope DE are taking note of all this player feedback!

Edited by Zakalwe

Love the ideas and De will implement them sometime soon...

In the meantime, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that these bugs aren't fixed because they are minor or are working on something much more important: damage and trading system!!!!

Deatharm, on 09 Sept 2013 - 1:21 PM, said:

open world would be good but i don't think it is possible. when i play with 4 player there is lag and ping and when there will be 500 player... :)

Oops, you didnt read it correctly from the first try? No worries, here let me help you to open your eyes more, this is what i wrote:

- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world- make the game trick us it is open world

See it now?

What if DE would stop adding new content and start fixing all existing and possible bugs?

So... something like fire all their artists and hire a bunch of Programmers and QA guys to fix up their game? Nice development choice there. I'm sure Warframe will became the best thing in the universe if we do that.

Here is a response from another Canadian F2PMMO Developer regarding a similar forum post:

We are acutely aware of the [insert community here]. As with all feedback/suggestions, whether it be from groups or individuals, we weigh them all equally and work through the pros and cons of the suggestions. We cannot move forward with all suggestions made and we have to keep in mind our original goals of the game [insert goal here] and making the game fun for as many people as possible, not just the core group. While we do actively listen to our core group (and as mentioned, we cannot follow up with every suggestion made), who we do value greatly, we have to keep in mind what is best for [insert game name here] in the long term, and that is attracting as many new players as possible.

What is a pleasant surprise is that most of the items suggested by [insert community here] have already been in development or under review. It takes a while for our [insert number here] member staff to get these bigger features into the game and all we can do is ask for patience. It’s been a long road since Closed Beta and we are still striving to get our core features online. We have been prioritizing tasks based on the biggest impact for as many players possible. This is why we’re pushing to have things like improvements to [insert game feature here].

Our primary goal is to deliver a game we have always planned from the start. There have been, and will be more, course corrections over the lifetime of [insert game name here]. That is one of the traits of F2P development. As the project matures, things change. The size and impact of changes are most drastic at the start of a project and become smaller and more content driven as time goes on. If there’s a need to implement a whole new segment to the game, it can be done as gradually as desired or as one large expansion type change.

We have been at fault in communications and [insert an incident here]. We learn from these mistakes and keep moving forward trying to correct as we do. There have been times when we expose too little information, and times where we expose too much too soon. We’re still trying to find that balance in between.

It’s great to share info on new features and upcoming releases (because we’re as excited as you are to see them in action), but if information is released too soon, a lot of opinions are formed on pure speculation and we just don’t have enough time in the day to keep answering all questions that may arise from a news release.

Edited by Rengakun

A lil' feedback on my ideas

Fire all of their artists and Sound Engineers then hire a massive amount of Programmers and QA Testers and then start work on implementing your ideas immediately? Sure, why not. It certainly would make the game awesome, wouldn't it?

We'll be getting a Giant Boss soon, we have Grineer Helions already, Livestream is good enough and maybe better than a 'radio'. Your other ideas are 'kay.

Edited by Rengakun

feedback on my ideas

You are describing a game that you want to play, not everyone. So for starters, do not extend your opinion and project it that strongly. You do not speak for all of us. No one does. Some of your ideas are polar opposites of what other players like and some of them are not compatible with Warframe. Warframe is a 3D TPS dungeon crawler. An over-the-shoulder Diablo.

Being tricked into "Open World" is incompatible with the procedural level design. There are already tricks in place to suggest open spaces and wide-ranging maps, though. Radio DE is an incredibly shortsighted idea. First of all, people tend to have different tastes, and many wouldn't want to Steve's talkshow. The next problem is, Steve is a designer, not a showhost. He doesn't have the time to run Radio Steve. He is being employed for a specific position, he is not a demandable source of entertainment. Live Streams are a thing, anyway.

What if you fall down on the first floor? Your proposed system sounds tedious and boing. Running up the same area twice because some effect knocked me off the stairs is not fun and challenging, it is frustrating. More penalty means more frustration, not more adventure. What you mean is, that is is miore dangerous and suceeding feels more rewarding, due to risk/reward.

You want exploration maps. Sure. What if I want killing maps? What i want more combat, because I think that forced exploration due to a lack of options is horrible? Same with limited survival - that exists and is called Mobile Defense. Limited survival would be exactly the same.

Big Golem is coming.

We have pets. Feeding them is a level of Tamagochi micromanagement that I'd dread to have in Warframe.

We have enemies that can fly (multiples) and climb walls (Infested), and DE is also working on the grappling hook.

Can't say I find much good here. Sorry.

You are describing a game that you want to play, not everyone. So for starters, do not extend your opinion and project it that strongly. You do not speak for all of us. No one does. Some of your ideas are polar opposites of what other players like and some of them are not compatible with Warframe. Warframe is a 3D TPS dungeon crawler. An over-the-shoulder Diablo.

Being tricked into "Open World" is incompatible with the procedural level design. There are already tricks in place to suggest open spaces and wide-ranging maps, though. Radio DE is an incredibly shortsighted idea. First of all, people tend to have different tastes, and many wouldn't want to Steve's talkshow. The next problem is, Steve is a designer, not a showhost. He doesn't have the time to run Radio Steve. He is being employed for a specific position, he is not a demandable source of entertainment. Live Streams are a thing, anyway.

What if you fall down on the first floor? Your proposed system sounds tedious and boing. Running up the same area twice because some effect knocked me off the stairs is not fun and challenging, it is frustrating. More penalty means more frustration, not more adventure. What you mean is, that is is miore dangerous and suceeding feels more rewarding, due to risk/reward.

You want exploration maps. Sure. What if I want killing maps? What i want more combat, because I think that forced exploration due to a lack of options is horrible? Same with limited survival - that exists and is called Mobile Defense. Limited survival would be exactly the same.

Big Golem is coming.

We have pets. Feeding them is a level of Tamagochi micromanagement that I'd dread to have in Warframe.

We have enemies that can fly (multiples) and climb walls (Infested), and DE is also working on the grappling hook.

Can't say I find much good here. Sorry.

Well thx alot, i really appreciate it. I do agree with you at some points, i was just.. you know... trying to give free ideeas :)

Well as the moderator has stated, 'I cant find much good here. Sorry'

You have ideas, and they are good ones, but not for this game. Maybe take the genius to other games that play similar to this but offer a different a type of gamer, like Tera, Wildstar and Neverwinter. These games offer alot of what you ask, they just arent space samurai.