Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania animation needs constant flight.

TheMostFrench

One of the draws for me to purchase titania animations was the fact that now your warframe could appear to float. This was great, because I was thinking 'now when I equip a jetpack or wings for my syandana my character can float around' and it would be like the syandana was doing something. It was quite a let down to discover that my frame would run around like normal, and that floating is only idle animation.

To be blunt, I think advertising them as an animation set is misleading. The rest of the gameplay animations like attacks, jumping and running stay the same no matter what animation set you equip - they should be advertised as idle animations only. We don't spend much time idle during actual gameplay except while standing around at the end of a mission or between waves, so it would more accurately reflect when you would see these animations in action. I don't expect every single animation to be totally unique for each set, but it is especially disappointing in the case of the titania set that your warframe doesn't float around. 

5 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

I think advertising them as an animation set is misleading

It's not misleading at all. EVERY animation set is idle-only. They all have exactly the same movement animations.

Giving her entirely unique movement animations would be a lot of work.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

It's not misleading at all. EVERY animation set is idle-only. They all have exactly the same movement animations.

Giving her entirely unique movement animations would be a lot of work.

I'm not asking for her to have entirely unique animations. I guess I don't know much about 3D animation, but I don't see why the bullet jumping, slide attacks, crouching, hacking etc can't all be the same. What I'm asking for is that instead of running or walking, a warframe using the set continues to float.

It IS misleading because the label literally says '[warframe] animation set' including in the market description. It doesnt say anywhere that these sets only apply to idle animations.

1 minute ago, TheMostFrench said:

It doesnt say anywhere that these sets only apply to idle animations.

It also doesn't say anywhere that it doesn't. Anyone who has any experience with animation sets or Titania should know this.

"Warframe animation set" describes exactly what it is.

2 minutes ago, TheMostFrench said:

I'm not asking for her to have entirely unique animations.

Yeah, you kinda are.

19 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It also doesn't say anywhere that it doesn't.

But it doesn't say that it DOES, this is why it's misleading. There is a reason they put poison warnings on cleaning detergent, you know what I mean? It wasn't obvious to me because it didn't specifically say that it applied to idle animations only, and I think that making it more clear might prevent people from making ill-informed purchases in the future.

In hindsight, I can admit I made the purchase with too much hype because it was the first animation set to show flight, and I was excited by the possibility I described regarding certain syandanas.

Anyway, this is the feedback forum, I'm not telling them what they have to do, I'm telling them what I think about a purchase I made, and this seemed like the most relevant sub forum to post it in.

Edited by TheMostFrench