Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retrofitting Mask of The Revenant to into a tutorial for Eidolon Hunting instead?

NaoEthelia

I'll be honest, even for a miniquest, the quest for Mask of The Revenant was just... lacking. What if the quest was instead retrofitted into a tutorial for Teralyst hunting? The quest could double as both a Warframe quest and a proper introduction to Eidolon Hunting themselves. If Saya's Vigil was an introduction to Eidolons, Revenant's quest could be an introduction to their mechanics.

Just my two cents, since the mechanics of Eidolon Hunts themselves are, admittedly, poorly communicated in-game.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The whole point of eidolons is to figure it out yourself. Well at least for the first few weeks then you just ask someone or look up a YouTube guide. Actually that’s the whole of Warframe in a nutshell, figure it out or ask someone. Making a tutorial quest goes against that design.

and that means often getting, even up to now, people that don't know jackS#&$ about how to handle a tridolons, because of this stupidity, because not eveyone look at a tutorial online. and guess what? these peoples ruins the whole run sometimes.

a tutorial quest with the mask could certainly be extremely pleasant. there is still some stuff that people around don't even know, yet basic.

8 minutes ago, mikakor said:

and that means often getting, even up to now, people that don't know jackS#&$ about how to handle a tridolons, because of this stupidity, because not eveyone look at a tutorial online. and guess what? these peoples ruins the whole run sometimes.

a tutorial quest with the mask could certainly be extremely pleasant. there is still some stuff that people around don't even know, yet basic.

I don't really see the point. They haven't put in a tutorial for 90% of the game anyways. Modding, relics, none of those have suitable tutorials. Even the movement system isn't taught to players.

They likely aren't going to implement a tutorial for the Orbs, and they didn't for it raids. Eidolon's and Orbs aren't meant for newer players, and a tutorial really isn't needed.

learn through repetition and trial and error. you dont need to wiki everything. and there is always the option idk.. ask people around you. warframe community is always willing to help people out.

however putting such a tutorial in the revenant quest makes no sense. hes just a frame afflicted with eidolon energy. he clearly lost the fight. lol

Edited by Makunogo

Where did "Trial and error" Mindset went to? You KNOW that eidolons shields can be damaged via AMPS alone, You can SCAN him and look at his weakness in the CODEX, the rest is just fighting him and learning his moves, ONKKO even stats you need LURES and to FULLY charge them.

I don't agree to games who fully hand hold the player like he has problems with his understanding and learning capacity. Some guidelines(like those at the loading screens) are fine.

10 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

I'll be honest, even for a miniquest, the quest for Mask of The Revenant was just... lacking. What if the quest was instead retrofitted into a tutorial for Teralyst hunting? The quest could double as both a Warframe quest and a proper introduction to Eidolon Hunting themselves. If Saya's Vigil was an introduction to Eidolons, Revenant's quest could be an introduction to their mechanics.

Just my two cents, since the mechanics of Eidolon Hunts themselves are, admittedly, poorly communicated in-game.

That's a nifty idea.

3 hours ago, HellVOps said:

Where did "Trial and error" Mindset went to? You KNOW that eidolons shields can be damaged via AMPS alone, You can SCAN him and look at his weakness in the CODEX, the rest is just fighting him and learning his moves, ONKKO even stats you need LURES and to FULLY charge them.

I don't agree to games who fully hand hold the player like he has problems with his understanding and learning capacity. Some guidelines(like those at the loading screens) are fine.

Not fully, but people sometimes don't even know about the amp. I had to ask someone for this, and people still don't know. Ho, and stop with the scanner. What kind of casual will do that? None.

Eidolon is a super duper complex fight and already has a few bugs. Trying to tie in a tutorial that ensures the player to get familiar with the mechanics... Can only be done with lesser enemies. Vomvalysts already are "immortal" by plain weapons, and the player must go into operator mode to kill it. Having Konzu remind the player that some enemies need to be attacked in operator mode to be killed would already provide a hint.

I should note that the Vomvalyst does not work the same way of the Eidolon to be killed. The only type of enemy that loosely resembles it is the Kuva Guardian, which is invulnerable until the player performs a void dash in operator mode to remve its defenses. It would be nice to introduce some other type of lesser enemy - maybe even a Revenant specter - that partially mimicks the basic mechanics of the Eidolon fight, with a much smaller difficulty. 

It does not need to be an explicit tutorial. The mere introduction of enemies that replicate the mechanics would be enough to provide familiarity with the strategy, and make it easier to learn the Eidolon fight.

A Revenant specter, or other flavor of human-sized enemy, could be completely invulnerable to attacks until the player goes into Operator mode and uses the amp to deplete shields. It would then be combat as usual. This enemy would have gems and minerals as part of their rare loot drop chance.

There could be also a stationary target which spawns at the edge of water bodies, a long "Eidolon hair" tentacle. This tentacle would constantly despawn and respawn elsewhere, but using an Eidolon lure you can prevent it from despawning, and kill it. This "Hairalist" could have a rare chance to drop fish or wisps . 

Two additional enemies would liven up the plains a bit, and provide examples of Eidolon hunt mechanics.