Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nidus EVER going to get any new cosmetics?

Yeehaw_Prime

Serious question. When he was released all he had was one alternate helmet, and then nothing up until recently when he got a well-deserved deluxe skin. Though, it doesn't seem like DE is keen on doing ANYTHING else for Nidus for whatever reason, even though he is arguably one of the most popular warframes. I've seen some cool stuff on TennoGen too, but none of it has managed to get DE's approval. In general, I would think that Nidus would make for some fun and interesting helmets and skins, so why is he so neglected?

3 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

1- he has an alt helmcoming soon 

2- there’s no reason he should get anything before anyone else. He’s just another frame, popularity shouldn’t be a factor 

He has the least cosmetics of anyone, if I'm not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Complaining about Nidus Fashion when Equinox got her FIRST alt hemlet only months ago

She's had three full tennogen skins (skin + helmet) which is a lot more than can be said for Nidus.

3 minutes ago, Cuckold_Prime said:

She's had three full tennogen skins (skin + helmet) which is a lot more than can be said for Nidus

DE has nothing to do with Tennogen. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Cuckold_Prime said:

He has the least cosmetics of anyone, if I'm not mistaken.

You are: again Equinox. 1 Helmet and not even a fully rendered ingame Model for her Deluxe

Oh and Limbo if Equinox don't count. Also just 1 Helmet and no Deluxe

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

DE has nothing to do with Tennogen. :facepalm:

Tennogen is not independent of DE. It's up to them to approve submissions.

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are: again Equinox. 1 Helmet and not even a fully rendered ingame Model for her Deluxe

Nidus has one alt helmet, Equinox has two. I don't count deluxe skins because DE has confirmed that every warframe is going to get one eventually.

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It's up to the artists to make something for him, something that will be approved by DE.

Nidus hasn't gotten a lot of love from TennoGen creators but there are definitely a few amazing ones there. Why DE hasn't approved any of the submissions for him is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Cuckold_Prime said:

Nidus hasn't gotten a lot of love from TennoGen creators but there are definitely a few amazing ones there. Why DE hasn't approved any of the submissions for him is beyond me.

When Beastbuster literally gave him the coolest Nidus Helmet that can exist for the BOTL series and then the Nighthunter Nidus being a thing, although not accepted, are you sure Nidus hasn't gotten love from Tennogen?

It's just DE hasn't accepted anything, probably because he's a newer frame and all, plus the infested aesthetic he has originally might skew their judgement, somewhat.

Meanwhile let's look at Ember, one of the first frames in the game.

1 alt helmet (nobody uses the other one, let's be honest), an Immortal skin and a Deluxe skin; also 3 Tennogen skins.

On the other hand, Excalibur has: 3 alt helmets, 2 of which have an alt version; alt version of the deffault helm; 3 skins; 1 proto skin; 2 PS4 exclusive skins; 1 XB1 exclusive skin; 1 Twitch skin; 1 Steam skin and then there is all the Tennogen too!

There are neglected frames with few skins, Nidus isn't one of them considering how relatively new he is in comparison with the rest.

10 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

When Beastbuster literally gave him the coolest Nidus Helmet that can exist for the BOTL series and then the Nighthunter Nidus being a thing, although not accepted, are you sure Nidus hasn't gotten love from Tennogen?

By not getting much love I meant there's been like 6 submissions.

11 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

It's just DE hasn't accepted anything, probably because he's a newer frame and all, plus the infested aesthetic he has originally might skew their judgement, somewhat.

5 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

There are neglected frames with few skins, Nidus isn't one of them considering how relatively new he is in comparison with the rest.

2 years old isn't exactly "new."

Just now, Cuckold_Prime said:

By not getting much love I meant there's been like 6 submissions.

Want to compare with, as some people have said, Ember or Ash? Ash is almost six years old and other than the Bai Hu skin I don't see any other Tennogen skins.

Also, 6 submissions, yes, but like two of these submissions have so much put into them. Quality is a thing, not just quantity. It's sad to see people only care about quantity nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Want to compare with, as some people have said, Ember or Ash? Ash is almost six years old and other than the Bai Hu skin I don't see any other Tennogen skins.

Ember and Ash still have TennoGen stuff, which is, again, more than can be said for Nidus.

3 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Also, 6 submissions, yes, but like two of these submissions have so much put into them. Quality is a thing, not just quantity. It's sad to see people only care about quantity nowadays.

I think you're missing what my point was. By pointing out the lack of submissions I'm just trying to say that there seems to be a lack of interest in Nidus cosmetics. I said nothing of the quality, which is honestly pretty spectacular. I want that Night Hunter skin inside me.

1 minute ago, Cuckold_Prime said:

It isn't, yet some frames who are older barely have more. Wukong only has 4 alt fashion choices, but 3 of those are helmets and the 1 skin there is, is tennogen (oh and one of the helmets is also tennogen). Yet he was released in 2015, only a year earlier then Nidus.

At least Nidus has a Deluxe skin, while Volt despite being in the game sense it's release is still waiting on one.

Limbo, until recently, had precisely two fashion choices outside his colours. Two alt helms. He also had just the worst colour channels, with 95% of his body being taken up by a single, matte, primary colour channel which made any bright colours feel very oversaturated due to just being a block of colour pretty much. For quite some considerable time he only received Tennogen skins, one of which provided only a texture difference and another with a very particular theme. Nidus, by contrast, received a very well-received Deluxe despite being a couple years newer than Limbo.

Only in the past couple of months has Limbo seen any love, with his Prime (which is an absolute godsend in terms of fashion - actual colour channels, hooray!), a new Graxx Tennogen and his deluxe skin coming soon. 

8 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

On the other hand, Excalibur has: 3 alt helmets, 2 of which have an alt version; alt version of the deffault helm; 3 skins; 1 proto skin; 2 PS4 exclusive skins; 1 XB1 exclusive skin; 1 Twitch skin; 1 Steam skin and then there is all the Tennogen too!

you arent wrong, but excalibur is a horrible comparison, hes the most decorated warframe in the game, with the most variants, the most skins, the most everything. no frame will ever catch up because hes their posterboy. hes even got the most noggles. i wouldnt be surprized if hes the first vandal warframe, the first wraith warframe, n the second umbra lmao

10 minutes ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

you arent wrong, but excalibur is a horrible comparison, hes the most decorated warframe in the game, with the most variants, the most skins, the most everything. no frame will ever catch up because hes their posterboy. hes even got the most noggles. i wouldnt be surprized if hes the first vandal warframe, the first wraith warframe, n the second umbra lmao

I was exaggerating in order to get the point across and am fully aware of Excalibur's posterboy status. It is precisely why I picked him. Still, there are other warframes with skins aplenty while some have been in the game for a while and have barely as many, if not even less.

6 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I was exaggerating in order to get the point across and am fully aware of Excalibur's posterboy status. It is precisely why I picked him. Still, there are other warframes with skins aplenty while some have been in the game for a while and have barely as many, if not even less.

hopefully you could tell from the last sentence of my first post that i was also over exaggerating n trying to crack a joke. definitely not disagreeing with ya.

also why is revenant already getting a deluxe?! (atlas deluxe humor)

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius