Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE might as well jump on the battle royal band wagon

Ohforf3

Everyone else is doing Battle Royal so why not Warframe?

• Conclave game mode for those past War Within.
  • Start as unarmed operator with no school abilities.
  • Find random amps, warframes, weapons, and gear in the map.  One of the gear items is a repair tool that must be used in operator form to fix frames(may result in car jacking)
  • Death in a frame kicks you out of the frame and destroys it.  Weapons are dropped.
  • Death in Operator mode is game over.

7 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

"Everyone else is doing Battle Royal" is reason enough not to.

• Oversaturated market
  • Market already starting to die out
  • Loss of personality and individuality when joining the army of clones
  • It'd take time for DE to develop the Battle Royal mode, and quite probably the fad will be dead at that point
  • It'd take resources away from improving what the core essence of Warframe

Anyone remembers the last time DE tried to jump on a trendy fad? Yes, that was the Lunaro experiment. The playerbase responded with "meh, we'd play one of those game if we wanted to, if we play Warframe it's because we want to play Warframe".

Conclave's in a precarious enough spot as-is. And honestly, Warframe's design of being a looter discourages a BR setup.

If DE were to rework Conclave (again) and have a slower-paced alternative, maybe Grineer vs Corpus, then maybe it'd work. Maybe. Possibly.

But not likely, let's be real here.

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Anyone remembers the last time DE tried to jump on a trendy fad? Yes, that was the Lunaro experiment.

That was actually "The Amazing Eternals" or whatever that game was called. Hero shooter. Came very late to the party and died a quick, undignified death.

Jumping on bandwagons doesn't work as well as you seem to think, OP. You're either a trendsetter and market leader, or you're a phony who follows in the leaders' footsteps, hoping to somehow become leader without the credentials.

Also, let PvP die the death it deserves!

4 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

I'd prefer it if DE gave us an RTS mode. Reach max level with one of the factions and you can play RTS missions.

Or Grand Strategy.

Both would be nice for me, or both Total War style while also being able to jump into TPS mode like in Battestations: Midway. 

25 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

That was actually "The Amazing Eternals" or whatever that game was called.

Yes, both were attempts. Lunaro came earlier and was shipped, so I think it's more representative. But you're right, The Amazing Eternals are also a good example of DE realizing they shouldn't jump on a bandwagon just because they can.

7 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Yes, both were attempts. Lunaro came earlier and was shipped, so I think it's more representative. But you're right, The Amazing Eternals are also a good example of DE realizing they shouldn't jump on a bandwagon just because they can.

at the same time tho, its kind of a shame, i mean Warframe is great and all, but i'd love for DE to make some new games here an there, Darkness 3 pls? ;-;

Edited by Reaver_X

I think there are major deterrents which make P2P difficult in Warframe. 

First, the number of simultanous players, which makes for a not-so-active arena environment.

Second, the lack of dedicated servers, which makes increasing the player count a hard proposition, plus another problem:

If PvP becomes competitive, hacks will proliferate like mushrooms after the rain on a warm day. With client-based hosting, there will be plenty of room for abuse. 

As a matter of history, when Warframe's Dark Sectors were introduced, there were clans intentionally throttling the host's bandwidth to promote lag, to prevent losing the sectors, in addition to clan collusion to prevent other clans from taking that sector as well. The problem was too hard to fix, and even though the PvP was fun when gameplay flowed as intended, eventually the game mode was discontinued because abuse could not be prevented.

DE is in a different place right now, and the game's popularity is increasing continuously. Maybe, if they can implement dedicated servers with more simultaneous players, better rewards, and lore associated, PvP can become a popular, and I don't even mean Battle Royale. 

9 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Now that you say it... a Europa Universalis/Stellaris-inspired retelling of the Old War would definitely catch my attention.

Orokin Universalis anyone? 🙂

I grew up on Europa Universalis III and Rome: Total War.

Can't say no to this.

Edited by kgabor

Wow, what an enlightening and utterly original idea! /s

Maybe try using the search function next time when it comes to oh so "groundbreaking" concepts.

Actually disregard that completely, I suggest posting this in general discussion (that'll be entertaining) ; after all it's not like there's a BR function in this game to even give feedback for.

Warframe has no dedicated server, leads to troublesome lag compensation and hit registration which need to be fair in PvP btw. There's a way to prevent desync but if someone terribly lags well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also Warframe has terrible balance in both mechanics and numerals categories. 

TLDR Warframe is both incompetent and incompatible with BR. 

8 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

"Everyone else is doing Battle Royal" is reason enough not to.

• Oversaturated market
  • Market already starting to die out
  • Loss of personality and individuality when joining the army of clones
  • It'd take time for DE to develop the Battle Royal mode, and quite probably the fad will be dead at that point
  • It'd take resources away from improving what the core essence of Warframe

Anyone remembers the last time DE tried to jump on a trendy fad? Yes, that was the Lunaro experiment. The playerbase responded with "meh, we'd play one of those game if we wanted to, if we play Warframe it's because we want to play Warframe".

and yet none of this stopped them with conclave in general. is any mode in conclave NOT an oversaturated market bandwagon they hopped on? 

just for reference, im not saying that they should do a battle royal, im just saying none of this stopped them before

12 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Gamers play many games, but they don't want every game to be like the 800lb gorilla in the room, either. Different flavors is what many seek (or it gets boring). How many zombie games are needed to be made, for example???

When Warframe goes South with crazy ideas, I return to WoW. When WoW goes South with even crazier ideas, I return to Warframe.

Point is, I don't want to hang around when a game is messed up. Greener pastures are elsewhere!

13 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

If Everyone is jumping off a bridge, are you going to do it too?  There is nothing wrong at all with not following what everyone else is doing.  

Someone else managed to say it better.  So I will quote that.

26 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Gamers play many games, but they don't want every game to be like the 800lb gorilla in the room, either. Different flavors is what many seek (or it gets boring). How many zombie games are needed to be made, for example???