Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of player grievances (please contribute!)

auxy

9 hours ago, ZeroMR said:

Happens when you are not a host and there is bad connection. After you shoot somewhere, the beam does not disappear and remains even if you do not pull the trigger. Sticks to walls, or funny enough, enemies and can go all the way from starting point to the extraction.

Oh, I see. This is a minor visual bug with lots of beam-type weapons and powers. You can also see it with the Taxon's Artax beam, Valkyr's Rip Line, and anything else that draws a line from point A to point B. I'm not sure a visual bug like this, which appears to be caused by network problems, deserves to be on the list, but I'll think on it.

8 hours ago, -_Highlander_- said:
  •  Mastery Rank Profile And Codex not showing Moa's Kitguns K-drives

This one was addressed in the recent devstream and they said they're going to fix it. I think I'll wait until it seems forgotten before I add it to the list. This list is mostly for things that seem to have been "paved over" or "forgotten," so that they aren't.

Even though I didn't put these things on the lists, thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it, and I'm really glad people are contributing.

3 hours ago, auxy said:

This one was addressed in the recent devstream and they said they're going to fix it. I think I'll wait until it seems forgotten before I add it to the list. This list is mostly for things that seem to have been "paved over" or "forgotten," so that they aren't.

Well ok i hope they will fix that codex problem 

here is one that has beeing left alone in the dust for an long long time

--- Left Porta Shoulder plate not aligned on Rhino Prime --

This one sticking out way to far .. and so far as i know this problem isn't fixed after its release

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

--- Left Porta Shoulder plate not aligned on Rhino Prime --

This one sticking out way to far .. and so far as i know this problem isn't fixed after its release

Added it to the list!

I also organized the first post since it was pretty long and hard to read.

Thanks once again for your contributions!

One that i've had for a while;

Some way to see buff icons on npc allies such as operatives or drones or spectres.

I play a lot of oberon and in a way that i activate my heal and armor as a sort of set and forget thing for the team. I want to tag everyone with it but outside of the 3 allies i have that i can see their buff bars it's hard sometimes to know if i've hit npc allies with it. The heal itself has a sort of pulsating vfx on it but it is a bit subtle (which might be for the best) so you can miss it, especially if i'm with a nekros for example and he has an energy color that makes it blend with his shadows. The armor buff i have no clue if it has a VFX at all and i have no clue if it even applies to some npc's (particularly drones or lures on the plains) My suggested way to do this would be to miniaturize the buff icons and apply them on npc health bars like debuff icons are on enemies. then they would only show up when you hover on or near the ally and wouldn't clutter your screen. Also perhaps for important targets like the operative in a sortie mission for example where their healthbar is on my ui add the buffs as well.

I mostly view this from the scope of me as an oberon player, but i could also see it as an issue for other frames like trinity (although her buff range is big for bless) maybe limbo in regards to operatives, even frames with readily apparent vfx like a gara in the case of say a growing power or energy conversion proc where the value of the buff would change (though that might be a bit much)

Edited by RottedApples
  • Like 1

• Sometimes, "empty" Warframes are still damageable while the operator is transferred out

Uh, that's intended behavior. Transferring out of a frame with any kind of ability currently running leaves your warframe vulnerable, but with a flat 90% damage reduction; during channeled abilities, or for example while saryn's spores are still active.

New content would be nice. And I am keen for it. Do you know what would be nicer? Unbroken content. The amount of invasions that have broken map transitions is a joke. Mobile defense missions are losing datamasses through the floor at a stupid rate. Exterminates and defense missions are spawning enemies outside the map ranges, or literally in the walls. Plenty of people are having severe issues with adaptation, and the simulacrum is so broken that proper testing is near impossible. I want to fight the enemies in the game, not broken mechanics. Fixing these problems as well as the absolute horde of reproducible bugs that people are submitting would do more for this game than a half-functional setpiece that is hamstrung with broken mechanics and propped up on hype. There's only so long you can get away with ignoring the community requests for fixes before you end up looking like Todd Howard.

Side note: I would really appreciate if DE could make an actual effort to link guides like IFlynn into the game for new players. It is incredibly frustrating already to be required help newbies around broken things, or getting them to accept a broken mission just needs to be aborted and the loss of all pickups taken when they finally got the pickup they needed, or got their first sculpture. Having to tell them that areas like Cetus and Orb Vallis is not where they should be at low MR or with newbie gear is really difficult when these things brought them to the game in the first place. They were marketed hugely and brought good numbers of players.... who end up disappointed, confused, and ultimately disheartened. You get so much goodwill from this community, and most of it is well earned. So don't piss it away. Fix your bugs, get rid of the f̶i̶l̶t̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶e̶i̶t̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶t̶b̶o̶x̶e̶s̶ mod packs (which show up in the market much more readily than the slots people will need), and at least give new players some direction to the star chart, not funneling them straight to an open area they think they are required to conquer. Access to the tutorials you have been to lazy to make, let alone implement. Access to the information on abilities and gameplay mechanics -in game- instead of on a wiki full of viruses (or in some cases that cannot be accessed at all on a mobile phone or tablet). And rather than giving such early access to the open areas without so much as an indication that they should partake in limited content in that until they are geared and modded, or HOW they are supposed to be geared, perhaps consider MR restrictions for certain missions, or a DPS test. We have junction tests for the star chart, certain pieces of content in the open world areas really need the same kind of achievement and objective driven gate.

Edited by killj0i
Grammar, punctuation.

On 2018-12-14 at 8:56 PM, DeviousDream said:

Uh, that's intended behavior. Transferring out of a frame with any kind of ability currently running leaves your warframe vulnerable, but with a flat 90% damage reduction; during channeled abilities, or for example while saryn's spores are still active.

Thanks! That makes sense, but nobody in the Discord could come up with any known reason that should happen. I don't doubt you at all, but for posterity's sake could you link me any kind of official source for that? ('ω')

On 2018-12-14 at 10:13 PM, killj0i said:

(lots of text)

Hear hear! ( ;∀;)ノ

I think that Warframe's "eternal beta" status has led us to the point we're at, where (as you said) a lack of polish for the game makes it almost impossible for unguided new players to get in, and difficult for even veteran players to enjoy given all the random issues. It's been said many times by many people that Warframe's new player experience is terrible, and to make matters worse I don't think it even makes a whole lot of sense given the lore that was revealed after the new player experience was added.

I understand that the idea was probably to get the game "content complete" before doing a big polish pass and calling it "released," as happens with regular games at most studios. But, when was that going to happen? 2016? 2017? How many times has that been pushed? I know it's more exciting to do new content rather than fix up old content, but the time has passed where the game should have been "1.0" a very long time ago. At this point we're in "beta" and the game feels like a beta, yet we're on our third or fifth or thirteenth content expansion. It doesn't add up.

And I know DE is going back and fixing up some old content, I'm really happy and really excited for the gas city rework, and for the touch-ups to older frames' powersets that have been left behind by powercreep. But it's not enough, it's not nearly enough. Some days, the game barely works. You know, as a PC gamer, I'm used to putting up with broken games, but I have to think that these issues hanging around on consoles is losing them some fans. I know it is even among PC gamers, because I talk to people all the time about it. I'll recommend Warframe and they'll say "oh, I tried that but it seemed really unfinished." When I ask when they played, it's frequently as recently as last year, after the PoE launch.

Warframe is an exceptional game in a lot of ways. I'm still here playing despite all this disgruntling because there's not really anything else on the market, single-player or online, that offers the same gameplay experience or even anything like it. However, one way it's exceptional is in its lack of polish. If you look at a lot of your big AAA titles, like your Call of Duty and your Battlefields, those aren't interesting games in any regard. They're extremely polished, well-executed iterations of an existing concept. And they sell billions! Polish is important.

You could argue that perhaps there's some sort of sliding scale of game quality where you can have either polish or innovation but not both. The thing is, imagine if Warframe was that polished. I love DE; I'm a fan from WAY back and I love Steve, Sheldon, Scott, Geoff, George, and the whole crew, and I love Warframe. I want to see it succeed even more, I want to see it grow and build and become the game that these creative guys want it to be. I just think DE's ambition oversteps its capabilities a lot of the time and I'd like to not see that happen anymore. That's going to take money so they can have the freedom to work on what they want, and that's going to mean players, and that's going to mean a game that people can get into and keep playing without having to go "huh, I guess it's bugged" every few minutes.

Then again, the game seems to be doing fine as it is, so maybe we're the only ones who actually care about this stuff.
This thread certainly hasn't gotten much attention. lol. ( ;∀;)艸

Edited by auxy

miter rarely dismember enemies i still remember during octavia anthem de said that miter dismember chance would become higher but i think they forgot to do it because its my most used weapon i actively use it and i don't really see many dismember kills

miter augment used to destroy all nullifiers bubbles with one disk, now it destroy one bubble for each disk

miter augment simply do not work on orb vallis nullifying bubbles -----> fixed

Edited by COATTOQUALUNQUE
  • Like 1

(Synoid) Gammacor's outer beams will at times become stuck to a point even when the weapon stops firing

Ore Veins on fortuna can spawn on the undersides of rocks (becoming un-minable)  or on a rock face too high up to be mined w/o gliding and instantly getting 0.5 stars

Edited by Gandergear
  • Like 1

On 2018-12-16 at 5:48 AM, auxy said:

Then again, the game seems to be doing fine as it is, so maybe we're the only ones who actually care about this stuff.

I don't feel that way, tenno who have been around for a while and are starting to see glaring, continuous problems are growing. We are a small minority at the moment, sure. But resentment grows like wildfire, and negative press is a magnet for online traffic these days. And DE is doing nothing about it. That said, I appreciate you taking the effort to make threads like this, staying involved, and just generally trying. People like you keep me in this game, keep me giving a damn, and are part of the reason I still bother to help new tenno through.... the mess, to be succinct. You aren't the first person to give a damn, I sure hope you aren't the last.

On 2018-12-15 at 2:13 PM, killj0i said:

Fixing these problems as well as the absolute horde of reproducible bugs that people are submitting would do more for this game than a half-functional setpiece that is hamstrung with broken mechanics and propped up on hype.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7m361/my_thoughts_on_the_profittaker_boss_fight/ -30 upvotes in 5 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7nu4y/everything_wrong_with_profittaker_phase_4/ -32 upvotes in 1 hour

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7h5l7/archguns_are_terrible_and_the_orb_fight_is_the/ -55 upvotes in 17 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7fq2q/dear_de_knockdown_mechanics_are_not_fun/ -272 upvotes in 20 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7ems7/i_am_constantly_amazing_by_how_de_has_botched/ -262 upvotes in 22 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7f69r/archguns_do_not_deal_nearly_enough_damage_to/ -126 upvotes in 21 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7mndr/orb_heist_phase_4_in_a_nutshell/ -484 upvotes in 4 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7f7ex/the_profittaker_is_the_least_fun_ive_ever_had/ -847 upvotes in 21 hours ("This update has been a massive disappointment and I'm very quickly being driven away from this game."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7m1ry/wait_for_qol_updates/ -31 upvotes in 5 hours

All fresh topics.... not expecting the community sentiment on these issues to go down in popularity without some serious attention. They will get downvoted eventually, but new posts on the same topic will take their place... until people decide to stop caring.

Do you want more salt? Because that is how you get more salt.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7j1ao/baruuk_already_launched_without_lore_while_garuda/ -584 upvotes in 13 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a7mzso/waited_10_months_for_these_2_hairstyles_but_they/ -215 upvotes in 3 hours. Top comment? "I feel salty and cheated."

Can you hear me now, DE? 

A basic browse of reddit never used to yield so much salt on the front page.... and that is avoiding that chat moderation debacle, like you needed free speech issues on top of anything else. But free speech is a hot-button issue. Despite the fact that people are not exactly happy with your responses, you are at least trying to have some kind of dialogue about the issue, and people can see you are at least trying. Maybe carry that to other issues? 

DE, you need to listen more. To your forums. To your reddit community AS A WHOLE. Even to content creators you like to disregard, or people who use less than delicate language (generally because they are emotionally invested in this game, and have emotional reactions as a result... that's a part of caring, unless you don't want that either). Those who are vocalizing issues are not your enemy, they don't want you to fail. They are afraid that you are going to fail. 

Life of Rio is a representative content creator in terms of endgame tenno. Do you listen? Methinks not. Hopefully the thumbnail makes it clear for you.

You've had all of the chances, all of the support, all of the opportunities. This is why you are getting salt, in increasing amounts. And sooner or later (at this rate sooner seems to be my prediction) you are going to drown in salt. All that good press, and positive community sentiment? That isn't free, and it is not an entitlement you can coast on, not for much longer anyway. It is from a give and take relationship with your community participants, your consumers, and your content creating partners. THEY are the community. THEY make the game what it is. THEY are the ones who support you as a business model. I'll back the content creators and redditors over you any day, and getting ignored here like the vast majority of bug posts isn't exactly floating my boat. If it was just me being ignored, that would be different.... but that is simply not the case.

Congratulations on being nominated for Game Developer of the Year by way. You deserve to be on that list.

You know who else is on that list? The company you seem so desperate to emulate. Bethesda.

Or... y'know. Prove me wrong. I really, really want to be wrong here.

Edited by killj0i
Needed more salt.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, killj0i said:

[a lot of things]

This is a great post and I don't really disagree, but I have to note that I'm about to remove a bunch of things from my list because DE fixed them in this update, hehe. ('ω';)

It's clear that someone at DE is monitoring this forum and taking note of bugs that players report, but there's very rarely any acknowledgement of it. Simply leaving a post saying "we've noticed this and not sure of the cause" or "we've reproduced this and are working on a fix" would go MILES AND LIGHTYEARS toward improving player sentiment.

It's great if the issues finally get fixed, but seeing tens of forum posts about one issue with absolutely no response doesn't make the community happy.

7 hours ago, auxy said:

This is a great post and I don't really disagree, but I have to note that I'm about to remove a bunch of things from my list because DE fixed them in this update, hehe. ('ω';)

It's clear that someone at DE is monitoring this forum and taking note of bugs that players report, but there's very rarely any acknowledgement of it. Simply leaving a post saying "we've noticed this and not sure of the cause" or "we've reproduced this and are working on a fix" would go MILES AND LIGHTYEARS toward improving player sentiment.

It's great if the issues finally get fixed, but seeing tens of forum posts about one issue with absolutely no response doesn't make the community happy.

And apparently DE Reb is actually going to take LifeofRio's considerations to Pablo. 

*Lowers pitchfork temporarily*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added! I need to get to that other user's post about the Miter too, I just haven't had time to test it. I'm kind of on break from WF right now, frustrated with the game... PTO is so disappointing...

In defense missions, might get stuck on a wave with no enemies. I am not sure what caused this, it might be from having too many allies.

Most recent: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1052062-no-enemies-spawning-to-complete-defense-wave/

Large topic on consoles: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1011139-stuck-in-defense-no-enemies/

10 months old: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/917618-no-enemies-on-defense-fissures/

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I have been busy with real-life stuff and so I haven't been able to pay as close attention to this as I should. ( ;∀;) I'll try to get the original post updated later today and some better replies, too!