Sign in to follow this  
tucker_d_dawg

What do the shiny numbers doing k-drive tricks mean?

Question

Clearly they aren't standing: I check my standing: had 4128. 

Did a single series of tricks until the counter went to 168 with the shiny board and stopped.  I waited until the shiny board with the 168 scrolled to the right as if "banking" the points, then check my standing again.  4144.  way less than adding the 168 to 4128.  And i made sure to not do anything other than get the 168 (ie didn't do anything to reset the counter)

so either

1. the points are not standing
  2. de can't add
  3. its totally buggy and just garbage meaningless numbers
  4. (2) & (3)

6 answers to this question

Your score (capped at 3k per trick) gives you standing, at a 25% rate. So, for a 3k trick, you'll gain 750 standing with the Ventkids.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Your score (capped at 3k per trick) gives you standing, at a 25% rate. So, for a 3k trick, you'll gain 750 standing with the Ventkids.

4144 - 4128 = 16

So either it's 10%, or OP did a mistake, or it's borked.

With that said, having to do 90 3k tricks to max my daily standing sounds a bit too much compared to the time I spend doing it, so I'd go for option 2 or 3.

Edit: I did some testing.

On Orb Valis:

- Standing before tick: 3500.

- Trick value: 852

- Standing earned: 213 (852/4, so it's 25%)

On PoE:

- Standing before tick: 3713.

- Trick value: 140

- Standing earned: 35 (140/4 so it's still 25%)

- Standing post mission: 3748. (so it didn't mess up on the final count either)

@tucker_d_dawg Nothing wrong on my side. You must've miscounted.

Edited by Redeye
Testing.

3 minutes ago, Redeye said:

4144 - 4128 = 16

So either it's 10%, or OP did a mistake, or it's borked.

With that said, having to do 90 3k tricks to max my daily standing sounds a bit too much compared to the time I spend doing it, so I'd go for option 2 or 3.

I may have misread the numbers and it may have been 25% as @chewarette said - it was definitely significantly less than the points displayed in shiny - so I'll go with that.

I agree with the number of tricks required being ridiculous.

I would further add that making it 25% of displayed number being stupid and adding unnecessary confusion.  Other syndicates don't give you 25% of what you are awarded - whats the point?

5 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Other syndicates don't give you 25% of what you are awarded - whats the point?

Syndicates like Steel Meridian, Red Veil, etc give a fraction of the affinity earned. Not sure what it is though.

Edit: Wiki states it's 2.25% of the affinity earned during a mission. Note that you can raise that up with the Sigils they're offering.

Edited by Redeye

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

Syndicates like Steel Meridian, Red Veil, etc give a fraction of the affinity earned. Not sure what it is though.

Edit: Wiki states it's 2.25% of the affinity earned during a mission. Note that you can raise that up with the Sigils they're offering.

I know they give a fraction of general affinity but they give 100% of the affinity displayed for things like the syndicate missions i.e if it says you're going to get 3000 standing for doing a syndicate mission, thats what you get.  Or if you do a bounty and at the end it says "xyz standing" thats what you get.  K-drive tricks are specific to vent kids and as such i think they should be accurately reflecting the standing gained.  You don't get vent kid standing at all from general affinity.

Just now, tucker_d_dawg said:

but they give 100% of the affinity displayed for things like the syndicate missions i.e if it says you're going to get 3000 standing for doing a syndicate mission, thats what you get.

But the K-Drive tricks aren't mentioning you're getting standing, they're mentioning points for the trick.
I guess DE has some future plans for these tricks/points. Maybe they'll have more of a use in "Fortuna part 2" later this year. Time will tell.