Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drive trick score multiplier still broken - Earning standing still HORRIBLE

Nitro747

Ever since the hotfix that tried to "fix" some weird sort of exploit with the "grindy" trick, the score multiplier simply broke. I seriously hate grinding on a single rail for forty minutes on The Pearl like a lot of people do, but this "fix" simply made impossible to earn standing in a non-exploitative way. I used to run around the Vallis chaining lots of tricks and grinds, earning a x30 multiplier with a decent amount of tricks. Now, ever since then, the score multiplier simply doesn't apply! I keep getting mere 1000 points even if I grind while chaining tricks for almost a kilometer. A breakdown in case of anyone not understanding it:

>Jump > copter > backflip > hold side of the board > front flip > hold front of board > do the different copter > land on rail and grind >>> score multiplier: x3. ONLY THREE! And I'm using the mod that multiplies the score multiplier!

And now I have to do it again and again and grind and grind to try to get anything near 2000 points. And then I have to do it again some 22 times until I hit the cap which is what it takes to buy a mod or some of the parts I so much need to build another K-Drive.

I really liked boarding around, earning standing to build new K-Drives and mods, reaching new ranks with the Vent Kids, but now earning standing is a worse chore than what it already used to be. First it was the stupid fact that races didn't reward standing, making them 100% pointless. Now its earning standing taking 3x longer than before and being prone to completely negating your score.

Good job to the team responsible for this, you guys managed to turn hoverboards into something rather boring. I'll put my K-Drive on the trunk of my Orbiter until this is fixed or races start rewarding you standing.

With that issue, I'm wondering if you're chaining them too fast and it's not counting anything. And, yes, I realize that this is itself a very stupid thing to be a problem and should be fixed. I've noticed it happening sometimes, but I seem to build multiplier fine when spacing the tricks out more.

While things are still broken, their complete removal of the grindy trick to stop people from "getting it when they shouldn't" actually seems to have made point gain drastically faster if you use a new exploit: holding the board as you land a grind gives drastically increased point gain for the duration of the grind. Previously it only happened for a brief moment of increased point gain, and was presumably then cut off as the "grindy" trick registered. Now instead the rapid points just persist and seem to easily get to 100-150 base point score within seconds, easily pushed to the 3k cap with just a couple spaced out alternating tricks on the mount and dismount.

of course, it's definitely unintended and likely to change since I don't think grindy being completely removed was what they meant to do, their programming is just a mess.

• Like 3

In current patch, the quickest way is to rely on the so-called "perfect transition" from grab to grind. 

It works like this - go the the long pipe near the Fortuna entrance, charge a jump aiming to land on the pipe, do a flip or two while mid-jump and GRAB (lmb) the board when you start descending. Right before landing on  the pipe, and while still holding GRAB, press CROUCH to transition from GRAB to GRIND. If you time it right, it counts as a perfect transition and your score will start racking up like crazy, much, much faster than normal - travelling the entire length of the pipe ONE WAY gives you 300-450 score without any multipliers whatsoever. If you did manage to squeeze a flip and a spin before landing, and another couple when jumping off the pipe, you'll hit 3000 points in one length of the pipe.

Rinse and repeat - for MR 26 this means reaching the standing cap in ~10 minutes. 

Edited by Reifnir
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Reifnir said:

In current patch, the quickest way is to rely on the so-called "perfect transition" from grab to grind. 

It works like this - go the the long pipe near the Fortuna entrance, charge a jump aiming to land on the pipe, do a flip or two while mid-jump and GRAB (lmb) the board when you start descending. Right before landing on  the pipe, and while still holding GRAB, press CROUCH to transition from GRAB to GRIND. If you time it right, it counts as a perfect transition and your score will start racking up like crazy, much, much faster than normal - travelling the entire length of the pipe ONE WAY gives you 300-450 score without any multipliers whatsoever. If you did manage to squeeze a flip and a spin before landing, and another couple when jumping off the pipe, you'll hit 3000 points in one length of the pipe.

Rinse and repeat - for MR 26 this means reaching the standing cap in ~10 minutes. 

It's sad and ironic how the devs encourage such exploits by adding stupid caps and removing features from the game because they "could be exploited". In the recent interview with Scott he literally admits they made races reward ZERO standing because they knew someone would eventually find a way to break their score system, so instead of either fixing it or programming something actually decent THAT WORKS they decided to remove it entirely.

Well, guess what, dev, now no one gives a flying HEK about races because they are pointless, and people are literally being forced to use the so called exploits to get standing. I really hated mindlessly grinding on the pearl because it was somewhat DOABLE to do tricks around the beautiful map, but now that is prohibitive. GOOD :clap: JOB :clap: 

It's like that exploit some people found that levels your guns in literal seconds. Is everybody doing it like crazy and "breaking" the game? NO! Because its boring AND there are countless different ways to level up your gear without the need to use lame and boring exploits. Now imagine what would happen if the devs decided that leveling stuff in Hydron, ESO or any other mildly efficient way wasn't "under the intended design". TA-DA! Everybody would abuse the exploit. It's a matter of simple logic.

On 2018-12-10 at 8:39 PM, Nitro747 said:

It's sad and ironic how the devs encourage such exploits by adding stupid caps and removing features from the game because they "could be exploited". In the recent interview with Scott he literally admits they made races reward ZERO standing because they knew someone would eventually find a way to break their score system, so instead of either fixing it or programming something actually decent THAT WORKS they decided to remove it entirely.

Well, guess what, dev, now no one gives a flying HEK about races because they are pointless, and people are literally being forced to use the so called exploits to get standing. I really hated mindlessly grinding on the pearl because it was somewhat DOABLE to do tricks around the beautiful map, but now that is prohibitive. GOOD :clap: JOB :clap: 

It's like that exploit some people found that levels your guns in literal seconds. Is everybody doing it like crazy and "breaking" the game? NO! Because its boring AND there are countless different ways to level up your gear without the need to use lame and boring exploits. Now imagine what would happen if the devs decided that leveling stuff in Hydron, ESO or any other mildly efficient way wasn't "under the intended design". TA-DA! Everybody would abuse the exploit. It's a matter of simple logic.

Amen to that. People who defend the system usually claim "if you cheese you burn through your content too fast", but cheesing is done only because not doing it results in a farm that's simply not fun. There was simply no way to gain meaningful amounts of focus in a non-exploitative way until the shards came along. Same thing for releveling your guns and frames after each forma. And for leveling up your amp. And for gaining k drive standing. Yet while the devs seem clearly capable of fixing the whole thing, if not with a complete rework, then at least through the introduction of alternate methods for farming all this stuff at a reasonable pace and in a fun way - as the addition of the eidolon shards prove - they seem reluctant to do it on a global scale, for some reason.

I have a big issue with the pricing of the K-drive parts that you buy from the ventkids.
If you are a non-plat player, (an there has to be a few out there among the many warframe user across the many systems, PC or console) that going to be a lot of Grinding, ( of both kinds)

as it stands right now, it cost 5,000 Ventkids  standing for each of the 4 starting parts, this includes the Board, the Reactor, the Nose and the Jet, for a total of  20,000 standing, just 2,000 standing shy from earning a the second rank and title from the ventkids. 

An the only way to earn standing is to do tricks, grind rails and maybe do ventkids races. 
which can take a long time, as I maybe earn maybe 40 points for a basic trick, to maybe 100 to 200 if I do a long rail grind then end it with some sort of Mid-air trick.

So earning points to buy a blueprint from the ventkids, is not very cost 
effective.

I think that the cost for the starting parts need to be lowered, maybe 1,000 for the starting parts, so you can maybe have enough points to buy the 4 blueprints needed to build the basic K-drive  

I'm not sure, but I think I am having the same issue. I'm on the PS4, just got my k-drive launcher. I decided to run around for a bit just doing a bunch of flips grinds etc. to farm some standing; I was out there for about ten minutes. I averaged about 80pts per trick, and the highest score I got off of one trick was in the low to mid 400s. I thought that one session would get me at least 5000 so I could try to get one of the four parts needed to build my first board. The entire play session didn't even push my standing past 1000, and I am a MR21 player doing this just after all the syndicate standings had reset, so I know I didn't max out on standing.

It could be that I received some of the standing but the game did not take into account the trick multipliers or I may not have received any standing at all; I cannot be sure. Whatever is happening with the vent-kids standing, it is demoralizing to the point that I don't think I'll even bother using k-drives until I see that someone from DE addresses this issue. At this rate I could play 4 hours on Orb Vallis and still not have enough standing to get the cheapest board blueprints. I only just noticed the issue today, and I didn't really pay attention to my standing accumulation at first, but difference between the promised and received standing was egregious enough for me to notice the discrepancy immediately after returning to Fortuna.

It is quite possible that Ijust don't understand how vent-kids standing works, but I was under the impression that the standing received was a 1 to 1 ratio with the numbers in the bottom right corner of the screen shown during tricks. Please look into or clarify this DE; I thank you in advance.

Edited by (PS4)TheLastPillar
Wanted to add that there may nothing wrong and just don't understand how standing is calculated.

i tried farming exp on the pearl, but i didn't really like it so i just did this instead:

https://my.mixtape.moe/vjaozv.mp4 

by doing that way i've been able to reach max level standing, get all the mods, get all 3 tier boards, and level all the boards to max rank, more specifically for me it took 20-30 mins to max daily standings and im mr26 so i have 27k, which is currently the max standing you can get daily wiht a syndacate, also 2 of the 3 boards got leveled passively while farming standings for mods, and the third one took 40-50 mins to level, and in the video if you do that you get 3k in roughly 20 seconds and also the advantage to not having to go pearl and capture the point each time. (if you find the trick hard to do, its not, takes a bit of practice but its actually easy)

hope this can help some people that have problems with ventkids

Edited by COATTOQUALUNQUE

Il y a 22 heures, COATTOQUALUNQUE a dit :

i tried farming exp on the pearl, but i didn't really like it so i just did this instead:

by doing that way i've been able to reach max level standing, get all the mods, get all 3 tier boards, and level all the boards to max rank, more specifically for me it took 20-30 mins to max daily standings and im mr26 so i have 27k, which is currently the max standing you can get daily wiht a syndacate, also 2 of the 3 boards got leveled passively while farming standings for mods, and the third one took 40-50 mins to level, and in the video if you do that you get 3k in roughly 20 seconds and also the advantage to not having to go pearl and capture the point each time. (if you find the trick hard to do, its not, takes a bit of practice but its actually easy)

Wow - I'd like to be able to do that with my PS4 controller, my basic default K-drive, and my two left hands with no working thumb... 🙂

On 2018-12-14 at 9:29 AM, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

that's the problem, you do a trick and the score multiplier ticks. I do a trick and the score multiplier goes like "what? you did a trick? didn't see lol, do it again".

I just want to go back to earning decent amount of standing while having actual fun and without the need of doing mind numbing exploits :T

This also works for pretty much anything else really: we want our progress tied to our fun.

Races > fun
Tricks around the vallis > fun
Grinding around the pearl > not fun
Not being rewarded > definitely not fun.

1 minute ago, Nitro747 said:

doing mind numbing exploits

where is the exploit? i just concatenated tricks till i got 3k no exploits no scripts no bs problem is concatenating tricks out of some "controlled enviroment" its bs

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator said:

Wow - I'd like to be able to do that with my PS4 controller, my basic default K-drive, and my two left hands with no working thumb... 🙂

i actually tried k drive with controller, its really bad, they should implement a specific k drive controls section like they did for archwings so people on controller can properly customize controls 

4 hours ago, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

where is the exploit? i just concatenated tricks till i got 3k no exploits no scripts no bs problem is concatenating tricks out of some "controlled enviroment" its bs

i actually tried k drive with controller, its really bad, they should implement a specific k drive controls section like they did for archwings so people on controller can properly customize controls 

wasn't really saying you were exploiting, was just talking about stuff in general. And well, grinding forever on the pearl or doing what you did is still mind numbing nonetheless :T

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I built my own K-drive, and put three mods on it : Air Time, Inertia Dampeners, Venerdo Hoverdrive. I grind the big pipe outside Fortuna (back and forth, yeah, a little bit boring), and I can reach the 3000 about 50% of the time. Takes me less than a minute to get 1000 ventkids standing. So everything is not lost with the PS4 controls...