(XB1)SavvyDeath

Remove Mastery Rank build requirement

Recommended Posts

Hello, today i farmed chroma and i am mastery 5 and only 4k xp left. but i saw the building requirement mastery 6 but the thing i want to remove is the requirement to build not use the warframe. why? so mastery 6 will take me some hours and if i fail to rank up in the time i play (real life issues) i will have to wait extra days so why not remove the building requirement and when its done it will require mastery rank 6 to claim. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)SavvyDeath:

and if i fail to rank up in the time i play (real life issues) i will have to wait extra days

You can practice Mastery tests by Cephalon Simaris

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

Hello, today i farmed chroma and i am mastery 5 and only 4k xp left. but i saw the building requirement mastery 6 but the thing i want to remove is the requirement to build not use the warframe. why? so mastery 6 will take me some hours and if i fail to rank up in the time i play (real life issues) i will have to wait extra days so why not remove the building requirement and when its done it will require mastery rank 6 to claim. 

Actually, that never really crossed my mind. Hm.
I mean why not? Put MR lock on use, not building so that you could prepare your new shiny toys in advance. Makes sense.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

if i fail to rank up in the time i play

Try the practice at Simaris to not fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

Dude. that's not what i am talking about.

Welcome to Warframe forums where writing is a lot more popular than reading. XD
Ahem.

  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

Welcome to Warframe forums where writing is a lot more popular than reading. XD
Ahem.

I appreciate that you like my idea. it is really good to have stuff you farmed so damn hard ready to claim when your ready to claim. : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically what the OP is saying, is that they want to be able to build a MR locked weapon or warframe before they reach that MR. That way, the frame which takes 3 days to build can be building while they spend those 3 days ranking up to a MR they can actually use it at.

Honestly, not a bad idea at all. Though, it might cause confusion for some newer players if the UI doesn't CLEARLY indicate that you won't be able to use that item after building it.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Basically what the OP is saying, is that they want to be able to build a MR locked weapon or warframe before they reach that MR. That way, the frame which takes 3 days to build can be building while they spend those 3 days ranking up to a MR they can actually use it at.

Honestly, not a bad idea at all. Though, it might cause confusion for some newer players if the UI doesn't CLEARLY indicate that you won't be able to use that item after building it.

To be Honest with you, the game confused new players way more than my idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

To be Honest with you, the game confused new players way more than my idea.

Yeah, but best not to add more fuel to the dumpster fire, y'know? I fully agree that this game is incredibly poor when it comes to giving direction, and more tutorials definitely need to be added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 36 minutes, (XB1)SavvyDeath a dit :

So why not remove the building requirement and when its done it will require mastery rank 6 to claim. 

That makes a surprising amount of sense. Have my +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

Hello, today i farmed chroma and i am mastery 5 and only 4k xp left. but i saw the building requirement mastery 6 but the thing i want to remove is the requirement to build not use the warframe. why? so mastery 6 will take me some hours and if i fail to rank up in the time i play (real life issues) i will have to wait extra days so why not remove the building requirement and when its done it will require mastery rank 6 to claim. 

Not a good idea. 

Building items requires materials. For lower level players with limited resources, sometimes they need to choose what to build first very carefully, as a poor choice can derail the build progression and therefore the mastery points progression. 

If they can build out of order, then they may find themselves stuck with a bunch of high MR goods that they can't use any time soon. That's not a good thing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not a good idea. 

Building items requires materials. For lower level players with limited resources, sometimes they need to choose what to build first very carefully, as a poor choice can derail the build progression and therefore the mastery points progression. 

If they can build out of order, then they may find themselves stuck with a bunch of high MR goods that they can't use any time soon. That's not a good thing. 

To add to this, people who play this game (I've found at any rate) do not pay attention at all. I can see a great deal of fallout occurring with players who don't pay attention to the MR requirement and proceed to build an item only to not be able to use it and then coming to the forum to cry about it. Just leave it the way it is right now. Less of a problem.

  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as there is a clear warning when attempting to build said item along the lines of "This item need mastery rank X to be used and you do not meet this requirement. Do you want to proceed?" Bonus point if the blueprints in the foundry show necessary mastery rank below the name or something. There could also be a suggestion in text box such as you may want to build other items first to increase your mastery rank.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds neat building mr locked gear however, this may just be a time gating thing to lock but I would argue being unable to purchase and trade mr locked gear is good enough because if a mr 14 player gets mr 16 gear they can have it ready and for warframes and similar things they still have to wait 3 days so I say it’s fair .

if DE were to implement this warnings will be made because new players don’t know any better. A 2 step warning system like in Cetus should work.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vantooth said:

As long as there is a clear warning when attempting to build said item along the lines of "This item need mastery rank X to be used and you do not meet this requirement. Do you want to proceed?" Bonus point if the blueprints in the foundry show necessary mastery rank below the name or something. There could also be a suggestion in text box such as you may want to build other items first to increase your mastery rank.

They'd also have to have another warning when you try to claim because otherwise people would build, then forget, then come to the forums saying it is broken because they built something weeks ago, were away for a while and "can't claim their built item now". People do this who don't have enough slots and then start begging in region chat for platinum and get cranky when people rightly tell them to put in money or farm relics and trade for plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

To add to this, people who play this game (I've found at any rate) do not pay attention at all. I can see a great deal of fallout occurring with players who don't pay attention to the MR requirement and proceed to build an item only to not be able to use it and then coming to the forum to cry about it. Just leave it the way it is right now. Less of a problem.

I can confirm. Happened to me probably when I did my first Bolto and decided to go ahead and make another so that I could do the Akbolto (or one of those types of things I can't really remember . Then I was stuck with a weapon I couldn't use in a slot that would have been nice to have been able to use for something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our foundry is powerful enough to build anything so it should be able to build mr locked gear and we cannot claim or use it because of some void power lol don't mind me this is basically how i understand mastery locked gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that if all the parts for a frame or weapon came from the relics you picked from your own inventory then you should be able to craft and use those frames and weapons since it was you who earned and cracked those relics and the parts that you picked from other players at the end of fissure missions will not show in the foundry without the required MR but will show in your inventory and void trader kiosks on relays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now