Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best frame for Zenistar?

(PSN)Sixshotz6

Question

18 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Zenistar is used for its CC disk defensively. The frame doesn’t matter so much.

Actually, there are frames that can benefit more from it.

Harrow can leave the Zenistar Disk active with his Penance (2) and continuously heal nearby allies as it deals damage to foes. This is even more effective in Infested missions. If you have a Nekros in your team, his Shadows can live indefinitely wile the Harrow manages to keep his 2 active.

Saryn can use Toxic Lash to further increase the Zenistar`s damage substantially and boost its Status chance to 100%.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

Can be cheesy with Harrow. (use at your own risk only if you're ready to make Harrow boring)

You can also use it with Gara to defend broken wall sections.

Got to think about it, iirc. it also works with Banshee Sonar weakspots.

Edited by kgabor

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Harrow can leave the Zenistar Disk active with his Penance (2) and continuously heal nearby allies as it deals damage to foes. This is even more effective in Infested missions. If you have a Nekros in your team, his Shadows can live indefinitely wile the Harrow manages to keep his 2 active.

Saryn can use Toxic Lash to further increase the Zenistar`s damage substantially and boost its Status chance to 100%.

Ah cool. Generally I dont run harrow or saryn with it. i’ll prolly need a change up on my current roster of overplayed frames. 

with nekki i can keep shadows alive by recasting. they’re better off slowly dying off one by one because, the newer ones may have higher level.

I just fling the thing on defense because it’s handy. cataclysm stasis and a zenistar is good during syndicates because i use the time to find medalions while a defense target is a tar baby. or drink coffee.

9 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

> Ctrl+F Ivara
> no results

wat

In fact,

tenor.gif?itemid=11883180

Ivara's Navigator works on the Zenistar disc, so you get to steer around a deadly UFO,
shredding through anything in its path. It's ~somewhat fun, kinda sorta maybe TRY IT NAO.

ah man. I really wish the new tribute system started earlier. I only got an Azima so far and got to wait so long now.

16 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

> Ctrl+F Ivara
> no results

wat

In fact,

tenor.gif?itemid=11883180

Ivara's Navigator works on the Zenistar disc, so you get to steer around a deadly UFO,
shredding through anything in its path. It's ~somewhat fun, kinda sorta maybe TRY IT NAO.

I'm shocked as well that no one mentioned that before you did.  It's the most obvious answer to OP's question.

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Works with any stealth frame, loki especially since he can direct enemies.

You must not have realized just how much Ivara stacks damage on the Zenistar.  Here are all the bonuses she applies to the Zenistar.

• Stealth multiplier
  • Prowl headshot bonus
  • Navigator damage and headshot bonus
  • The ability to move/conrol the Zenistar disc in flight. 
Edited by DatDarkOne

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

You must not have realized just how much Ivara stacks damage on the Zenistar.  Here are all the bonuses she applies to the Zenistar.

• Stealth multiplier
  • Prowl headshot bonus
  • Navigator damage and headshot bonus
  • The ability to move/conrol the Zenistar disc in flight. 

Well aware 😁

And it's fun but the slow speed of the disk is just not for me,

it's fun once in a while, though I will not be depending on the strategy due to the significant energy cost needed after a few seconds (or you need to build specifically for efficiency)

On 2018-12-06 at 1:08 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Wow, the more you know, i hadnt even thought of the harrow synergy

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well aware 😁

And it's fun but the slow speed of the disk is just not for me,

it's fun once in a while, though I will not be depending on the strategy due to the significant energy cost needed after a few seconds (or you need to build specifically for efficiency)

This is Ivara, why wouldn't you build for efficiency? Dang near all of her abilities are directly tied to needing efficiency.  Not doing so is just setting yourself up for problems when playing her.  Especially if you plan to have synergy with Zenistar.  😁 

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is Ivara, why wouldn't you build for efficiency? Dang near all of her abilities are directly tied to needing efficiency.  Not doing so is just setting yourself up for problems when playing her.  Especially if you plan to have synergy with Zenistar.  😁 

Not at the cost of duration or another stat cause that's how corrupt mods work,

my preferred Ivara build keeps a 130 efficiency and her prowl costs very little by itself so I can focus on 200+ duration for her quivers, 160 range, 100 strength without any corrupt mods.

would not be the case for max efficiency builds without sacrifices. 

As you have rightly mentioned you can totally do it if you specifically want to use it with zenistar, though I just call it my Navigator build (160 duration, 160 efficiency 50 ish range and 200 ish strength) with empowering quiver while on a dash wire will be killing just about anything it touches. But the quiver becomes seriously limited. 

We don't need to debate the effectiveness of Navigator and zenistar, it will indeed be good, but it's slow movement puts me off from suggesting it as a strategy.