Crimsonblack

Need help determining value of a riven (since I've found nothing helpful towards this)

It's a vulkar Magna-visibin

49% Maximum Ammo (because english the hards many)

176.6% damage

138.5% impact

And no. Riven.Market doesn't help. Too incomplete and rivens are either overpriced or have no price.

This site is probably more helpful: https://semlar.com/rivenprices/vulkar . It gives average price, plus it gives a list of every single riven mod of that weapon sold in the last week. You can kinda mouse over the different dots, and find some rivens that are similar to yours in order to estimate a price.

I'd predict yours is somewhere around 150p (plus or minus 50p).  +Damage is good, but ammo max is useless and +impact is kinda meh (the only reason why the price isn't lower is because the Vulkar is primarily impact damage, so the +impact scales better). If it were me, I would try to reroll it more, try to get at least 2 good stats (+damage, +crit damage, + multishot, +crit chance) with a non-crippling negative (-zoom is the most desirable). That would bring it up into around the 350p+ range depending on what the stats are.

Also, just because I say it's worth something doesn't mean it will sell for that. People have certain things that they are looking for, and value things different ways. That's part of the reason why it's so damn hard to find consistent pricing for riven mods; there are so many different combinations that different people think are good.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

1 minute ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

This site is probably more helpful: https://semlar.com/rivenprices/vulkar . It gives average price, plus it gives a list of every single riven mod of that weapon sold in the last week. You can kinda mouse over the different dots, and find some rivens that are similar to yours in order to estimate a price.

I'd predict yours is somewhere around 150p (plus or minus 50p).  +Damage is good, but ammo max is useless and +impact is kinda meh (the only reason why the price isn't lower is because the Vulkar is primarily impact damage, so the +impact scales better). If it were me, I would try to reroll it more, try to get at least 2 good stats (+damage, +crit damage, + multishot, +crit chance) with a non-crippling negative. That would bring it up into around the 350p+ range depending on what the stats are.

That's weird because it uses impact damage and that site says average price is 310. I'll reroll it and see what I get, then. Thanks.

Just now, Crimsonblack said:

That's weird because it uses impact damage and that site says average price is 310. I'll reroll it and see what I get, then. Thanks.

Average price is 310 for ALL Vulkar riven mods sold in the last week. That includes 0 roll rivens with useless stats, god roll rivens, and everything in between. It's nearly impossible to find a specific price for a specific riven name, since there are so many variations that can occur. 

1 minute ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Average price is 310 for ALL Vulkar riven mods sold in the last week. That includes 0 roll rivens with useless stats, god roll rivens, and everything in between. It's nearly impossible to find a specific price for a specific riven name, since there are so many variations that can occur. 

Fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Average price is 310 for ALL Vulkar riven mods sold in the last week.

From what I understand it just gathers prices from trade chat and that's it, so no way to determine that these rivens were "sold", it is just the prices people asked for them and it shouldn't come as a surprise that trade chat prices are overpriced a lot of the time.

I'm not really a riven seller but I can give a small advice here from a buyer's perspective: would you buy and use this riven with current stats or would you only buy it for rerolls? Personally I wouldn't use it as it is, certainly not the worst possible roll, but far from something good, so I would buy it for rerolls. Currently I see a bunch of vulkar rivens <100p on the riven.market, so I would most probably pass up on your riven if it would cost more. But of course it doesn't mean it would be impossible to find a buyer for a higher price, but there is also a question of how fast do you want to sell it? I assume if the weapon is not that popular and your riven is not that good, but the price is high, then it can take a very long time to sell it.

3 minutes ago, vector77 said:

From what I understand it just gathers prices from trade chat and that's it, so no way to determine that these rivens were "sold", it is just the prices people asked for them and it shouldn't come as a surprise that trade chat prices are overpriced a lot of the time.

I'm not really a riven seller but I can give a small advice here from a buyer's perspective: would you buy and use this riven with current stats or would you only buy it for rerolls? Personally I wouldn't use it as it is, certainly not the worst possible roll, but far from something good, so I would buy it for rerolls. Currently I see a bunch of vulkar rivens <100p on the riven.market, so I would most probably pass up on your riven if it would cost more. But of course it doesn't mean it would be impossible to find a buyer for a higher price, but there is also a question of how fast do you want to sell it? I assume if the weapon is not that popular and your riven is not that good, but the price is high, then it can take a very long time to sell it.

There's no time limit. I'll just fuse four useless rivens and see what I find.

6 hours ago, Crimsonblack said:

There's no time limit. I'll just fuse four useless rivens and see what I find.

That's... not how rerolling works. You use kuva to reroll the stats on your riven mod. What you're talking about is rolling the riven mod into a riven mod for a completely different weapon.

6 hours ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

That's... not how rerolling works. You use kuva to reroll the stats on your riven mod. What you're talking about is rolling the riven mod into a riven mod for a completely different weapon.

Rerolling is irrelevant to what I said.

People are usually interested in top rivens. Your riven is not, it's reroll stuff. Why should I pay several hundred platinum for something I will have to reroll anyway when I get something cheaper doing the same?

My personal price would be the cheapest unrolled riven available. In case of that Vulkar 50-80p tops, probably less and definitely less if it's rolled already.

Exceptions: very popular mods (like Tiberon, Phantasma etc.) or hyped new mods. In that case I'd pay up 5-8 times the price for a totally messed 10+ times plus mod.

To compare anything else, especially if you're willing to part with 1,000+ platinum I highly recommend using warframe.builder to see the damage differences in numbers. You'd be surprised that some better mods are far cheaper than "obvious" triple stat choices.

Edited by Toran

honestly the riven market has gone insane.  even top tier rivens really are not worth few hundred.  and ones like this only few dozen.  we have been cautioned over and over by DE to not count on stats for rivens to stay as they are as they are subject to change so people that throw away $50-150 of plat on something that has been garanteed that it will change into something of lesser value at some point is beyond stupid

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Cargan2016:

honestly the riven market has gone insane.  even top tier rivens really are not worth few hundred.  and ones like this only few dozen.  we have been cautioned over and over by DE to not count on stats for rivens to stay as they are as they are subject to change so people that throw away $50-150 of plat on something that has been garanteed that it will change into something of lesser value at some point is beyond stupid

I can only speak for myself. I haven't paid money for a Riven so far. I'm one of the "humble" platinum makers (13p at a time, selling syndicate mods - MR26 helps a lot there), others do it by trading or hunting down Eidolons, doing void runs etc.

I'm convinced that not many actually buy platinum to afford a riven mod. About the value... it really depends on your perspective. Have you ever tried to force a god roll or a very decent mod? I did so with my Tiberon - 172 rolls, that's something about 580,000 Kuva (the equivalent of 200+ Kuva Floods) holding enough Endo to max out an unleveled primed mod. And I still was lucky!

With God rolls we speak of very low percentages that only occur reliably in the masses of players farming Kuva. Just look at the Riven Market: roll counts on most great mods are below 10, so they were cheer luck. For an exceptionally good mod I don't consider 1,000 - 2,000 P too much.

As newcomer however, I'd probably ignore Riven Mods completely but for those I've farmed myself.

100P-150P I guess depends of no. of rolls. Sniper rivens tend to get overpriced but Vulkar is one of the less common of them. And your roll is far from a good roll I'd say. Roll for Crit stat, Damage or MS you'd be getting a better price.

5 minutes ago, Toran said:

I can only speak for myself. I haven't paid money for a Riven so far. I'm one of the "humble" platinum makers (13p at a time, selling syndicate mods - MR26 helps a lot there), others do it by trading or hunting down Eidolons, doing void runs etc.

I'm convinced that not many actually buy platinum to afford a riven mod. About the value... it really depends on your perspective. Have you ever tried to force a god roll or a very decent mod? I did so with my Tiberon - 172 rolls, that's something about 580,000 Kuva (the equivalent of 200+ Kuva Floods) holding enough Endo to max out an unleveled primed mod. And I still was lucky!

With God rolls we speak of very low percentages that only occur reliably in the masses of players farming Kuva. Just look at the Riven Market: roll counts on most great mods are below 10, so they were cheer luck. For an exceptionally good mod I don't consider 1,000 - 2,000 P too much.

As newcomer however, I'd probably ignore Riven Mods completely but for those I've farmed myself.

thats just it godrolls have one garantee they wont always be a godroll as the rivens will change.  it may be 2 weeks from now or it may be 8 months.  I litterally paid 10p for my gram riven after gram prime even came out granted it was poor as heck stats on it but ive gotten a decent roll now.  while with curent insane market if I was going to sell it as it is currently i could probably get 600-700p for it its true value is more around 100-120.  its a moot point on value given im not even considering selling it

il y a 59 minutes, Toran a dit :

For an exceptionally good mod I don't consider 1,000 - 2,000 P too much

50 dollars for an in game augment that can be nerf and it's useless for all the contents DE is taking care of.

That's nuts and pretty dumb.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

50 dollars for an in game augment that can be nerf and it's useless for all the contents DE is taking care of.

I quite agree and have mentioned before quite while back i think De would be wise to add in a trade bord in relays exclusively for rivens and make them not tradeable person to person anymore and hard cap the max price for them at 4-500p  yeah theyd catch some backlash over it but they would also save themselves alot later next time they rebalance rivens.  as people be out 20-30 on item that suddenly not as good as they wanted when bought it despite the repeated and prior warnings that rivens are not a set in stone value

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I quite agree and have mentioned before quite while back i think De would be wise to add in a trade bord in relays exclusively for rivens and make them not tradeable person to person anymore and hard cap the max price for them at 4-500p  yeah theyd catch some backlash over it but they would also save themselves alot later next time they rebalance rivens.  as people be out 20-30 on item that suddenly not as good as they wanted when bought it despite the repeated and prior warnings that rivens are not a set in stone value

Free market is a *@##&#036; eh, things go in and out of fashion all the time, tech, clothes, armour pieces, weapons, mods....

That TV you purchased 3 years ago? what you mean it's gone DOWN in price???

If you think 1-2k plat actually represents the true undiscounted price of purchased plat, I feel you're very much mistaken. In a small clan of only say 200 I can attest that it's a constant source of discussion waiting for plat discount coupons etc no one pays full price unless they are an idiot, or desperate, or it's not their money. So that's one premise of your argument I feel doesn't hold up, please feel free to come back with the proof of the droves of people who bought the 4k plat pack for full price, should be a giggle 😛 (not including the prime access, you're paying for items, skipping the grind etc as well as getting plat)

The backlash has already been handled now as the update had been deployed.

Sure there will be people who amazingly manage to fill up their inventory or rivens, know every last stat but yet still maintain complete ignorance or obliviousness that these stats (and potentially the inherent value) would end up in a state of flux, or at least subject to change. You can't help those people, and nor should we try to!

Also hard capping the trade value? Honestly what that's going to do is just force multiple trades for the sale item and I could forsee more issues arising.

The issue at hand is someone chimes in on yet another riven thread about how they:

1) want something shiny

2) can't handle that something which is desirable might be worth more

3) wants to bring the whole market to it's knees cos they feel it's more accessible to them?

Is that about right, am I on point with this?

There is literally no reason to make those changes to hinder play enjoyment unless it's for personal gain, the entire mechanics of rivens are optional, they are not required to play the game.

Lets start capping the trade of arcanes shall we, or when a prime set has been out of circulation and gets a bit too expensive cos demand has outstripped supply?

The ONLY thing I can agree with is a separate trading tab for rivens

1 hour ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Free market is a *@##&#036; eh, things go in and out of fashion all the time, tech, clothes, armour pieces, weapons, mods....

That TV you purchased 3 years ago? what you mean it's gone DOWN in price???

If you think 1-2k plat actually represents the true undiscounted price of purchased plat, I feel you're very much mistaken. In a small clan of only say 200 I can attest that it's a constant source of discussion waiting for plat discount coupons etc no one pays full price unless they are an idiot, or desperate, or it's not their money. So that's one premise of your argument I feel doesn't hold up, please feel free to come back with the proof of the droves of people who bought the 4k plat pack for full price, should be a giggle 😛 (not including the prime access, you're paying for items, skipping the grind etc as well as getting plat)

The backlash has already been handled now as the update had been deployed.

Sure there will be people who amazingly manage to fill up their inventory or rivens, know every last stat but yet still maintain complete ignorance or obliviousness that these stats (and potentially the inherent value) would end up in a state of flux, or at least subject to change. You can't help those people, and nor should we try to!

Also hard capping the trade value? Honestly what that's going to do is just force multiple trades for the sale item and I could forsee more issues arising.

The issue at hand is someone chimes in on yet another riven thread about how they:

1) want something shiny

2) can't handle that something which is desirable might be worth more

3) wants to bring the whole market to it's knees cos they feel it's more accessible to them?

Is that about right, am I on point with this?

There is literally no reason to make those changes to hinder play enjoyment unless it's for personal gain, the entire mechanics of rivens are optional, they are not required to play the game.

Lets start capping the trade of arcanes shall we, or when a prime set has been out of circulation and gets a bit too expensive cos demand has outstripped supply?

The ONLY thing I can agree with is a separate trading tab for rivens

the fact that prices have become so inflated to the insane levels they are causes multiple problems that actually will hurt DE and the player base a huge increase in charged back plat purchases.  and a general displeasure with DE every time they do what they have said from day one of the rivens being implemented would happen occasionally and they get rebalanced.and discounted at time of purchase the value of plat is still the value of plat just becasue some one got lucky on a deal when got it doesnt change the value end of day.  and the only true idiot is the one that spends that much on an ingame item that has not only no set value and has a garantee that it could serriously decrease in value at any moment should it be found its been balanced wrong or the effectiveness has changed since last time was evaluated.  it would be one thing if you buy it for x today and know for sure you can get x back or very close to x back when no longer want it for what ever reason.  but no rivens in todays market could be worth 2500 and in 12-24 hours from new if an update comes out it be worth 5-10p.  so them putting a hard cap in like that is smart buisness on DE's part becasue with out the over inflation of market people less likely to charge back in attempt to gouge people out of mod becasue the guy they sold to was dishonest, and also as i said before when rivens change in future the backlash will be less as people out less when riven paid top value for turns worthless overnight

3 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

That's why Rivens were invented Tbh. 

Welcome to the whale world.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

thats just it godrolls have one garantee they wont always be a godroll as the rivens will change.  it may be 2 weeks from now or it may be 8 months.  I litterally paid 10p for my gram riven after gram prime even came out granted it was poor as heck stats on it but ive gotten a decent roll now.  while with curent insane market if I was going to sell it as it is currently i could probably get 600-700p for it its true value is more around 100-120.  its a moot point on value given im not even considering selling it

100-120 is not its 'true value'; it is what you think it is worth. The 'true value' is what the market decides it is worth; in this case, 600-700p. 

Can things drop in value? Yes. Can things go up in value? Also yes. People make purchases based on what they want *now* and what is happening *now*. If you make purchases based on future expectations you are an investor, not a consumer.