Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mature operator and why...

Vlada91

He can become much better in combat like in some super power rage mode. In the case that he/she need to protect himself and others, he/she must develop his body in mature form. so that his body gets stronger and absorb more power that opens more options and possibility 2 unleashed his full potential...

XxCSCmQ.jpg?1

So you can share more ideas,but i think that this makes the most sense for future operator improvements.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I would like to see our operators grow up at some point, it's a little weird running around as a little kid in the middle of a war.

That is kind of the point though, isn't it?

The whole premise is that the Orokin took children and used them as weapons to fight their war. It kind of shows you how desperate and deplorable the Orokin had become. I'm not opposed to our operators growing up, but I also don't find it weird that they are kids considering everything told about the Tenno only talks about what happened to them as children and not as adults.

6 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

The whole premise is that the Orokin took children and used them as weapons to fight their war. It kind of shows you how desperate and deplorable the Orokin had become. I'm not opposed to our operators growing up, but I also don't find it weird that they are kids considering everything told about the Tenno only talks about what happened to them as children and not as adults.

I'm up to date on the history, it's just a personal thing.

10 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

In the beginning we were not able to walk and now we have that and + much more and yea guns in the hand like some iron man...maybe next step is to move faster and stronger. Imagine from not walking to fight eidelon to something much more.....After all we need something more fun with them then what we have now.

Edited by Vlada91

11 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

because kids don't exist during times of war.

Yeah you think that is new and cool,but is not.we seen kid that are much stronger from all,like in Goku or Naruto....its just copy paste from manga cartoons.... And i just dont like that because warframe have that serious vibe and now to go and forcing in that kids direction is just not right....because what's next pokemons?

Edited by Vlada91

39 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Or... Use the frame, because its Warframe. You use the frame to bulletjump through the chest of your enemies and protect others with very specific super powers. And keep operators as the weak point exposer.

Ah yes.

Much like how you play as a Metroid in Metroid, Zelda in Zelda, Contra in Contra and a Metal Gear in Metal Gear. Or how Rebecca is the main character of the film and book 'Rebecca'. Oh, and how we follow the adventures of Dracula in Dracula! And the Alien protagonist of 'Alien', don't forget that!

Just because something's in the title doesn't make it the protagonist, nor does it even need to be the primary focus of the story or gameplay. To use one of my examples, the Xenomorphs are not the point of Alien, they are a vessel for a plot about survival and about rising above impossible odds. Warframe can have Operators be a vital and major component of the game and still be called 'Warframe' as long as Warframes are relevant parts of it, which I strongly doubt they will ever not be. This argument has precisely no bearing, and is pretty much just 'no because I don't like Operators' veiled as an actual argument. And whilst that is a valid opinion, it's also not a reason for people who do like Operators to get more content.

i believe it would actually be cool if with some quest our operators would become adult, or at least mature a little.

Like look how with quest progression we finally lose lotus. So in course of quests time passes so why not do the same for operators?

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

He can become much better in combat like in some super power rage mode. In the case that he/she need to protect himself and others, he/she must develop his body in mature form. so that his body gets stronger and absorb more power that opens more options and possibility 2 unleashed his full potential...

XxCSCmQ.jpg?1

So you can share more ideas,but i think that this makes the most sense for future operator improvements.

Check your formatting or where you try to bring your photo from.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I would like to see our operators grow up at some point, it's a little weird running around as a little kid in the middle of a war.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I'm up to date on the history, it's just a personal thing.

Well here in Finland the youngest soldiers who partook in the Winter War and died on the battlefield was a 8-year old boy. The army did not generally allow that, but the boy practically forced himself to the battlefield and unfortunately eventually paid the ultimate price for it. Children are rare but not unheard of sight in the battlefield. Who knows how old Tenno are. I get the disconnect and nothing wrong with having an opinion, just wanted to add something to the discussion that has been already had here on this thread.

1 hour ago, WRESinn said:

With void energy running through their bodies can they even age?

its kind of point we dont actually know how old they are because the void energy they could be among the oldest beings around that are organic (some of the sentients im sure are as old)  but with way orokin transferred their consciousness to new bodies even the ones still around could be said to be not as old physically

depends on how it's done. they can't just randomly have us time-lapse a few years and become grown up, there would have to be a good lore reason as to why. besides, the idea of the operators was to have this juxtaposition of a vulnerable scarred child who controls a super powered killing machine. it'll probably stay the way it is as a result.

We don't need more half finished cosmetic gimmicks with alternate progression paths with yet more time and resource sinks.

Especially ones that rot in half finished states for years at a time and could be pulled or nerfed or reworked at any time. 

Just like riven. Here's another unfinished system that has an atrocious rng component and massive sink. Yet we're told not to get attached because it's unfinished and will change. Why is it even in the game then? People wasted gazillions so you can come along and yank the rug out?

It's the same with operators. Why should I put in the effort if

A the content sucks

B all progression can get wiped due to a rework?

Emo space teen is not a good concept in its current form. Just like archwings or any other half finished system left to languish.

And the fact that they are paying staff to create cosmetics and hairstyles to sell for platinum just proves the disconnect even further. Who the heck cares what they look like? You see them for 4 seconds when you need an energy battery. They could easily be just a ball of light and fulfill the same purpose.

Which means it's an excuse to sell cosmetics and a cheap vehicle to tell the latest chapter in their "story". 

If they double down on operators I likely won't stick around. I don't want to leave my frame. I'm here to play warframe. Not emo space kid frame.

Edited by IIDMOII

3 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

We are not little childre, operator is almost as tall as frames, and iirc the frames are like 2-2,2m something around that, operator reaches near the neck of the frame which makes him like ~1,80? When did oyu see 12 year old that is 1.80 last time? We are looking like 17-19 maybe, something around that, and if you make the face old enough you can be even older. Certainly not a kid in the middle of war 🙂

Making them age won't make them stronger. Just sayin'. 

And besides, they didn't age during the Old War, nor did they during all those centuries of slumber. Some might say it's because of the Reservoir, but since their immortality comes from the Void (basicaly the fact that they go back to the Warframe, aka their Transferance beacon, when badly injured, then returning almost instantly with full health), I think it makes more sense to say that the preservation of their young selves is caused by the Void exposition. How? Who knows? I'm not even sure if the Devs have an answer to that.... yet.

2 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

We don't need more half finished cosmetic gimmicks with alternate progression paths with yet more time and resource sinks.

Especially ones that rot in half finished states for years at a time and could be pulled or nerfed or reworked at any time. 

Just like riven. Here's another unfinished system that has an atrocious rng component and massive sink. Yet we're told not to get attached because it's unfinished and will change. Why is it even in the game then? People wasted gazillions so you can come along and yank the rug out?

It's the same with operators. Why should I put in the effort if

A the content sucks

B all progression can get wiped due to a rework?

Emo space teen is not a good concept in its current form. Just like archwings or any other half finished system left to languish.

And the fact that they are paying staff to create cosmetics and hairstyles to sell for platinum just proves the disconnect even further. Who the heck cares what they look like? You see them for 4 seconds when you need an energy battery. They could easily be just a ball of light and fulfill the same purpose.

Which means it's an excuse to sell cosmetics and a cheap vehicle to tell the latest chapter in their "story". 

If they double down on operators I likely won't stick around. I don't want to leave my frame. I'm here to play warframe. Not emo space kid frame.

You're complaining that they're not a good concept, so surely that's a reason for them to be worked on more? For them to be made into a good concept?

Your basically saying "they suck so no attempt should be made for them to suck" which doesn't make any sense.

i can mature my kubrow, but i cant mature my human pet...:sigh:

seriously the kid thing took away many of the charm from the dark and badass setting this game has, i dont really feel the story of the boy searching for mom, not when you have a badass warframe that can kill millions of enemies, i get operators are supposed to be the weak half of the tenno, but they need to physicaly grow up, so the plot can move on to better hights, operators are still the weak half, making them young adults could help deepen the relation they have with their warframes