Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mature operator and why...

Vlada91

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

because they considered them tainted several times in lore they called the tenno devils and accused them of witchery.  

Hide contents

and actually the grineer queens tried just that with us during war within

Yeah, and the Elder Queen says herself that the only reason she couldn't was because there "was no room for her in that evil, swirling head of yours."

The whole dream sequence of the War Within was thanks to the Man in the Wall getting back his control over us.

Orokin can't continue into Tenno, because Tenno are not corporeal - heck, they're not only transphasic, they're partially intertemporal. Even the Orokin couldn't control true avatars of the Void.

2 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

Yeah, and the Elder Queen says herself that the only reason she couldn't was because there "was no room for her in that evil, swirling head of yours."

The whole dream sequence of the War Within was thanks to the Man in the Wall getting back his control over us.

Orokin can't continue into Tenno, because Tenno are not corporeal - heck, they're not only transphasic, they're partially intertemporal. Even the Orokin couldn't control true avatars of the Void.

I think you're misquoting here. What the Elder Queen meant was that there isn't enough room in that head BOTH us and her. One will overtake and end the other. The whole temple sequence was somehow set up by Teshin Dax* to get us to get a grip who and what we are. So we could overcome and counter the Elder queens attempt to Continuity into our heads, thus destroying our mind and replacing it with hers. 

You must also remember that both Queens hold the highest contempt for everything and everyone they talk to. So when she says "evil, swirling head of yours" she is insulting us. She saw us as beneath her, barely higher than the grineer idiots under her command. 

As for the Orokin. Just like the Queens, they clearly saw Tenno as tainted or filthy. Why would anyone in a station high enough in a society obsessed with perfection to be able to use continuity to switch into a form, twisted by the unknowable powers of an alternate dimension and bloodied in war? The Queens wanted to because of desperation. Because to them it was the lesser of two evils. A twisted, broken grineer form, or a tainted but strong and directly of Orokin descent Tenno body. That is also potentially damn near immortal. 

*EDIT: Or by The Man In the Wall (I hate that name) 

Edited by Lakais

3 hours ago, Lakais said:

I think you're misquoting here. What the Elder Queen meant was that there isn't enough room in that head BOTH us and her. One will overtake and end the other. The whole temple sequence was somehow set up by Teshin Dax* to get us to get a grip who and what we are. So we could overcome and counter the Elder queens attempt to Continuity into our heads, thus destroying our mind and replacing it with hers. 

You must also remember that both Queens hold the highest contempt for everything and everyone they talk to. So when she says "evil, swirling head of yours" she is insulting us. She saw us as beneath her, barely higher than the grineer idiots under her command. 

As for the Orokin. Just like the Queens, they clearly saw Tenno as tainted or filthy. Why would anyone in a station high enough in a society obsessed with perfection to be able to use continuity to switch into a form, twisted by the unknowable powers of an alternate dimension and bloodied in war? The Queens wanted to because of desperation. Because to them it was the lesser of two evils. A twisted, broken grineer form, or a tainted but strong and directly of Orokin descent Tenno body. That is also potentially damn near immortal. 

*EDIT: Or by The Man In the Wall (I hate that name) 

Negative, the queen says, and I quote, "I see now, how you cast me out. Simple, really. There's no room for me in that wicked, swarming head of yours."

She literally could not take over our mind because of the Void Entity (I don't like Wally's common name, either). Here is the official transcript of the quest, if you don't believe me:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_War_Within/Transcript

And while Teshin was a figure in our mind during the encounter, the Void Entity speaks behind all our memories as we speak. There are two voices in the memories - on the surface is the queen's, but behind hers is the real person who is talking. The Void.

14 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

Negative, the queen says, and I quote, "I see now, how you cast me out. Simple, really. There's no room for me in that wicked, swarming head of yours."

She literally could not take over our mind because of the Void Entity (I don't like Wally's common name, either). Here is the official transcript of the quest, if you don't believe me:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_War_Within/Transcript

And while Teshin was a figure in our mind during the encounter, the Void Entity speaks behind all our memories as we speak. There are two voices in the memories - on the surface is the queen's, but behind hers is the real person who is talking. The Void.

I had to look for that damn line forever. But I found it. Again, based on the context where it is said, it can mean what you mean, but it can also mean what I interpret it means. We have no way of knowing how literal or what meaning is being used by the Queen in that sentence. 

It could very well be that the Continuity process requires the host to be someone of weaker, underdeveloped mind. Someone young or otherwise "simple". But through the process of that entire dream sequence we go through, We have "grown", remembered much of who we were and regained much of our identity, and thus developed into a strong enough mind/soul (Oro?) such as we can't be just overwritten. 

Or it could be that we have the ghost of an eldritch god, living in our brains. But if that alone was enough to block the process, I would assume the entire thing couldn't happen to begin with. Simply starting the process would fail without the need for all that elaborate mental training montage. I also don't think that it was Wally impersonating at Teshin. As he also said "Tenno, no! After everything you've endured to escape, why did you come back?" How did he know any of that unless he was there, somehow. 

I won't count out your idea. But I will hold to mine because it makes more sense to me and seems more poetic. Call me a sucker in that regard, I like when things have a bit of flair.

Edited by Lakais

I like the concept of Operators bodies not being able to grow/age any more due to all the void stuff. That's pretty much what I've always believed, and it would make sense.

Just because they may look like kids doesn't mean they are immature, weak, and inexperienced though. They don't remember everything right now, but still they already seem way more educated and trained than most other grown up characters in the game, at least in my eyes. Also consider their current void powers, which definitely makes them superior to any other human-ish being even if armed. Combine that with their daily activities, and the stuff they've been through up to the current point in the story, even if mostly done through their frames. The kind of sh*t they experience can make anyone grow up fast. 

Imo it's completely up to what you do with your operator. You can make their style, train/buff them through the focus tree, further equip them with a range of AMP's and arcanes, and finally incorporate their many skills into your gameplay. If he/she's a weak emo kid with just a room full of floofs and no further purpose, then that's on you. My operator looks dangerous and can slaugher her way through pretty much any mid-level mission, and be quite supportive to the frame on high level. I don't see the problem, and they certainly don't need to become more powerful by growing.

And finally, as others have mentioned, it is most likely just way too much work on the technical side to ever make operators look more grown up, in terms of body type and various gear to fit. Operators and them being kids is one of the big twists in the main story, and part of DE's vision with WF as a whole. With that said, I would not expect grown up operators to ever happen. Not playable ones at least. 

On 2018-12-07 at 3:38 AM, Vlada91 said:

He can become much better in combat like in some super power rage mode. In the case that he/she need to protect himself and others, he/she must develop his body in mature form

I think that older-looking Operators would be a nice option for the game, but I don't think "extra power" should be the reason for this. Operators can become stronger without much time passing and without physically aging. I think Operators could have some older-age customizations because there are older players of this game who might not really relate to having their in-game analogue character being a teenager. Or at least they might relate to their Operator more closely if it could match them in age a little better.

I will just leave this here has my personal opinion : It goes against the Lore.

Has we have seen the more we Tenno unlock our true potential and mature our minds, the more the "Void Demon" (Thats what I call "Wally" or "The man in the wall") starts to act up, after unlocking our main powers (Void dash, Void blast and Void mode) we get the first glimpse of the "Void Demon" where he basically tells us that he has been waiting for us to awaken to the void power or that we are nothing without him, which kinda hints at the fact that he is some sort of manifestation of your void powers, he then starts appearing in a psychic form which only the Tenno can see after "Chains of Harrow" where we learn what he can do to a Tenno that has been awaken for has long has Rell was (Basically taking control over their physical body, and in this case control over the Warframe Rell chained himself to for some reason, which made him able to use its ability's wherever he was.), we then see him once again after "The Sacrifice" where, after absorbing the memory's of Umbra, he talks to us, this time in a more "humane" way, where he finds "good" that we think we killed Isah, winch is quite weird ? Finally, we see him during Chimera Prologue, where he leads us to Ballas, either out of kindness or just because receiving the Paracesis somehow is beneficial for it.

Taking into consideration that the adults in the Zariman went mad because of the void, doesn't it seem similar to what happened to Rell ?

But there is 1 single difference, while the adults automatically went mad whiteout receiving the gift of the void, Rell has a Tenno stayed a child ( you can see it wen you defeat him that he has the same Operator model) and by this, the void took control over a body whit void powers.

Now the question is, why ? Why does being an adult automatically makes you go mad, and why being a child gives you power but slowly corrupts you and slowly takes over you ?

But this brings to my point, if the Zariman adults went ape mad, what tells us Tenno wouldn't automatically do the same if they could age ? We see that we are slowly getting taken over just like Rell, but would the ability to age just make our condition even worse ?