Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mature operator and why...

Vlada91

The Operators are mature.
This is a stigma that is more prevalent in US Media Culture I've noticed.
In the US most media sources (Comics, Books, Movies) often portray kids as "Young, Dumb, Immature" while overseas Children are viewed more of a source of innocence, but in many forms of media are shown to be unexpectedly wise, but often compassionate due to their "innocence".
SO don't let your Operator's physical form fool you. Your Operator is older in mind than in body.

That being said
If memory serves me right, the reservoir was essentially a Stasis Pod where the Tenno's mind remained active.
This was why the Second Dream Existed, it preserved the Tenno's true body while they "Dreamt" The dream being that they thought they were The Warframe.
Remember, that there was no Transference as we use it in Game during the Old War. The Tenno fought for Years upon Years believing themselves to be a Warframe. (Much like the Playerbase did.)
So the entirety of The Old War, then the Collapse of the Orokin Empire, then preservation of balance/what's left of the Origin System, to current day.

Now, the player Tenno eventually had their Warframe put into Stasis too so...we as players probably missed the Preservation phase.

My point is that while the Tenno's body is young in appearance their attitude, demeanor, cognitive thinking, & maturity is indeed significantly advanced.
But this is where the discussion becomes something of a "Perspective".
Some people like to live in absolutes. IE: "If my Character looks like a child, & sounds like a child. Then it is a child."
(This is not a bad thing. It's simply one way to look at things.)
Where as others prefer to look at things on a deeper level than at face value. IE: "If my character looks like a child, but has is now over 200 years old. Then my Character is an Old Man in/with a Child's body."

Obviously I fall into Category 2. Not so much due to my own opinions, but mostly because what lore we do have in-game appears to lean more towards that.
Notice how after the Second Dream Quest, Lotus is unable to accept the Player as an Adult. She treats the Player as if they are still a Child, specifically "her child".
The Player Operator often lashes out at her & chastises her for treating him/her like a child.
(Much like how in reality your parents & grandparents might still treat you as a youth when you're fully grown.)

From in-game lore & statements. Not all the Tenno (who thought they were Warframes) went to sleep. So there are some Tenno who have hundreds of years of maturity of the player Tenno.
It appears that The Player Tenno's are old, but not as wisened as the Tenno who didn't sleep. That or we've lost most of our memory for some damn reason, or the player character just chooses not to grant the player the satisfaction of some exposition on the matter. Maybe PTSD.....?

However, I will admit. I would not mind if we could get an Age Slider, Height Slider, Weight Slider, & at least 20 normal looking hairstyles.
I'd love to make my Tenno look to be in his early or mid 20's, be slightly taller, & I'd love to be able to have an alt appearance where is fat as hell (for the lulz).

4 hours ago, Toppien said:

i can mature my kubrow, but i cant mature my human pet...:sigh:

seriously the kid thing took away many of the charm from the dark and badass setting this game has, i dont really feel the story of the boy searching for mom, not when you have a badass warframe that can kill millions of enemies, i get operators are supposed to be the weak half of the tenno, but they need to physicaly grow up, so the plot can move on to better hights, operators are still the weak half, making them young adults could help deepen the relation they have with their warframes

child soldiers is an incredibly dark theme i don't know what you are talking about. making them adults is about as generically safe and bland as one can get. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The Operators are mature.
This is a stigma that is more prevalent in US Media Culture I've noticed.
In the US most media sources (Comics, Books, Movies) often portray kids as "Young, Dumb, Immature" while overseas Children are viewed more of a source of innocence, but in many forms of media are shown to be unexpectedly wise, but often compassionate due to their "innocence".
SO don't let your Operator's physical form fool you. Your Operator is older in mind than in body.

That being said
If memory serves me right, the reservoir was essentially a Stasis Pod where the Tenno's mind remained active.
This was why the Second Dream Existed, it preserved the Tenno's true body while they "Dreamt" The dream being that they thought they were The Warframe.
Remember, that there was no Transference as we use it in Game during the Old War. The Tenno fought for Years upon Years believing themselves to be a Warframe. (Much like the Playerbase did.)
So the entirety of The Old War, then the Collapse of the Orokin Empire, then preservation of balance/what's left of the Origin System, to current day.

Now, the player Tenno eventually had their Warframe put into Stasis too so...we as players probably missed the Preservation phase.

My point is that while the Tenno's body is young in appearance their attitude, demeanor, cognitive thinking, & maturity is indeed significantly advanced.
But this is where the discussion becomes something of a "Perspective".
Some people like to live in absolutes. IE: "If my Character looks like a child, & sounds like a child. Then it is a child."
(This is not a bad thing. It's simply one way to look at things.)
Where as others prefer to look at things on a deeper level than at face value. IE: "If my character looks like a child, but has is now over 200 years old. Then my Character is an Old Man in/with a Child's body."

Obviously I fall into Category 2. Not so much due to my own opinions, but mostly because what lore we do have in-game appears to lean more towards that.
Notice how after the Second Dream Quest, Lotus is unable to accept the Player as an Adult. She treats the Player as if they are still a Child, specifically "her child".
The Player Operator often lashes out at her & chastises her for treating him/her like a child.
(Much like how in reality your parents & grandparents might still treat you as a youth when you're fully grown.)

From in-game lore & statements. Not all the Tenno (who thought they were Warframes) went to sleep. So there are some Tenno who have hundreds of years of maturity of the player Tenno.
It appears that The Player Tenno's are old, but not as wisened as the Tenno who didn't sleep. That or we've lost most of our memory for some damn reason, or the player character just chooses not to grant the player the satisfaction of some exposition on the matter. Maybe PTSD.....?

However, I will admit. I would not mind if we could get an Age Slider, Height Slider, Weight Slider, & at least 20 normal looking hairstyles.
I'd love to make my Tenno look to be in his early or mid 20's, be slightly taller, & I'd love to be able to have an alt appearance where is fat as hell (for the lulz).

We are getting some new hairstyles that look pretty neat and more normal, and while I don't really see an issue with our operators looking like they're around 17yo, I would like if we could mature their bodies a little bit more.

Also, I wouldn't mind some actual sliders for the faces as well, not something to the level of BDO, but more than just blending 2 faces together 

The Operators are ancient. They date back to the Orokin era, centuries or maybe even millennia ago. They were alive and conscious as the Zariman 10-0 limped back to the Origin system through the Void, enduring the screaming madness of the Void for however many years it took for the ship to be recovered. They fought the Old War for however long that took, probably many years, and

They look young because there was a fairly narrow age band within which the Void's horrific transformative powers left enough of a mind intact for them to be considered survivors. And their bodies stopped changing. Like Corrupted Vor, their bodies are a shape, not a living, growing process anymore.

I'm totally okay with Operators not looking like they've grown up. Books and covers and all that.

In my opinion, everything has its time. When we go through the quest story of Tenno -  the children's version is justified by the plot. However, the story has long been passed, and there is no longer any sense in these children in the war (as was rightly noted above).

Children - thugs .... only bewilderment and irritation.
This may appeal to fans of anime, manga and others - but not all are fans of these styles.
It is time for them to grow up, or at least give the players the opportunity to choose their Tenno age.

14 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

This may appeal to fans of anime, manga and others - but not all are fans of these styles.

As a huge fan of manga and anime, I have to strongly disagree. This style only appeals to shotacons and lolicons (i.e. the underaged lovers, for the uninitiated )that also like "unkempt beauty". I have to say, the operators are far from that aesthetic - male operators aren't tall, slim and beautiful (look, they even have freckles), while female ones aren't well proportioned, well groomed and beautiful.

23 minutes ago, LXSL8 said:

They look young because there was a fairly narrow age band within which the Void's horrific transformative powers left enough of a mind intact for them to be considered survivors. And their bodies stopped changing. Like Corrupted Vor, their bodies are a shape, not a living, growing process anymore.

You seem to be assuming that this shape is absolute and unchangeable, especially for an entity with a much stronger connection to the void and a much greater understanding of the power it gives them. If the operator's body is indeed just a shape, then it should be changeable on the whim of the operator, no?

If it is a biological body controlled by the mind, then the mind over body can reshape it. If it is just energy like Vor claims to be, reshaping is even more plausible.

2 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

We are getting some new hairstyles that look pretty neat and more normal, and while I don't really see an issue with our operators looking like they're around 17yo, I would like if we could mature their bodies a little bit more.

Also, I wouldn't mind some actual sliders for the faces as well, not something to the level of BDO, but more than just blending 2 faces together 

This is indeed a beautiful suggestion. I will always support more sliders for body shape and size as well as facial proportion.

The operators hardly even look 17. They don't really have the physique or height to qualify as such, much less the secondary sexual characteristics, be it the breasts or beard, depending on gender.

Then again, I am always of the opinion we need an adult operator who can use swords and guns. It is simply more attractive to play than a whiny kid. And for anyone who says the operator is mentally mature ... no, it's more like just a kid who experienced many years without aging. The viewpoint is very much still a man child's.

Edited by Guest

3 минуты назад, Datam4ss сказал:

As a huge fan of manga and anime, I have to strongly disagree. This style only appeals to shotacons and lolicons (i.e. the underaged lovers, for the uninitiated )that also like "unkempt beauty". I have to say, the operators are far from that aesthetic - male operators aren't tall, slim and beautiful (look, they even have freckles), while female ones aren't well proportioned, well groomed and beautiful.

OK) Then I don’t know at all who might like it)

15 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

OK) Then I don’t know at all who might like it)

Have you ever considered the following options:

• Nobody
  • People with a fascination with children
  • Weird People
  • Someone who thinks it is thematically fitting
  • Some combination of stated choices

You know, if humans have all sorts of kinks and fetishes, I am sure there is a wide variety of what people want to see in a game.

27 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

• Nobody
  • Weird People

You know, if humans have all sorts of kinks and fetishes, I am sure there is a wide variety of what people want to see in a game.

Tbh going straight to shotacons and lolicons is  bad way to point the fact that you dont like how the operators arent customisable, dont forget this game isn't just made of adults, lots of teens also play Warframe so there is that, plus, in your previous comment you stated that they dont have beard or breasts, wich is a bit stupid since it is possible for 17yos to have small breast or no facial hair ( its genetics ), but anyways they are teens/young adults only in body, mentally they are much older.

Also they clearly arent "children" they reach to the chin of Warframes, which we can be seen has the size of a human adult, making the Operator stay at at least at 1,60m if not more.

I agree that Operator need a body customization tab, but i can also see why they dont, half of the community would create monstrosity's just for the LoLs, wich would take the little bit of seriousness that the Operators have.

Its a sensitive subject since it has everything to go right and everything to go VERY rong, it isn't a black and white subject, actions have consequences wen it comes to Operator customization.

Just next time, say that you dont like it instead of calling people shotacons and lolicons because they like the concept, that just makes people not take you seriously.

Edited by (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b
Missing word

25 минут назад, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b сказал:

Also they clearly arent "children" they reach to the chin of Warframes, which we can be seen has the size of a human adult, making the Operator stay at at least at 1,60m if not more.

Did you see modern teens on the street? They all are quite high guys and girls these days. I'm 30 yo and I look like a lilliput while these "not children" are like Gullivers.

My nephew is 15 yo, and he's taller than me. Size really doesn't matter here.

PS: I'm 1.72m, just for the tip.

Edited by Ermiq

2 minutes ago, Ermiq said:

Did you see modern teens on the street? They all are quite high guys and girls these days. I'm 30 yo and I look like a lilliput while these "not children" are like Gullivers.

My nephew is 15 yo, and he's taller than me. Size really doesn't matter here.

I know, i am just going by the average size at lest in my country, wich is 1,60m for woman and 1,70m for man, making the Operator farely "normal" in terms of size if they were to be 17yos to 20yos.

Edited by (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b
Misspell

1 час назад, Datam4ss сказал:

• Nobody
  • Weird People

Well, if we carefully consider - yes, we have five options)

But we still lack the option "switch the operator to an adult")

1 hour ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

I know, i am just going by the average size at lest in my country, wich is 1,60m for woman and 1,70m for man, making the Operator farely "normal" in terms of size if they were to be 17yos to 20yos.

2 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

I didn't know heads were 10 cm long. Your reply seems to suggest that the head is about that length, because going by your math, that is true. 170 cm - 160 cm is 10 cm

A head less than a 170cm tall warframe is between 145-150 cm, which is obviously the kid territory. A 17 - 20 year old is almost the height of an adult if not already adult height. The epiphyses (growth plates) close at around that age, latest 21 - 23.

Tbh going straight to shotacons and lolicons is  bad way to point the fact that you dont like how the operators arent customisable, dont forget this game isn't just made of adults, lots of teens also play Warframe so there is that, plus, in your previous comment you stated that they dont have beard or breasts, wich is a bit stupid since it is possible for 17yos to have small breast or no facial hair ( its genetics ), but anyways they are teens/young adults only in body, mentally they are much older.

A lot of teens that shouldn't be in the game if you are suggesting a bracket below 17 - 18 years old. Although I don't really know what you mean by even looking like teens. The operators look like the 12 - 14 year old bracket to me.

Also, as far as I know, majority of males of 17 in my country only lack facial hair because they shave. And I am of Chinese descent ultimately (if you trace all the way back thousands of years) and it is a fact those of my ancestry already have less body hair on average.

I may hate facial hair, but a proper teenage male is going to have it, whether he likes it or not, unless he constantly shaves. A lack of ever growing facial hair is in fact a rarity and males start getting it around 14 onwards.

Admittedly, small breasts are a possibility, but I am certain girls of 17 and above would have a larger variation in chest size than what we have. It cannot be that the void only chose girls of the smaller size because in the modern SJW world, that is breastist - it is discrimination against large breasts, which should not be allowed.

Just next time, say that you dont like it instead of calling people shotacons and lolicons because they like the concept, that just makes people not take you seriously.

Also, please refer to my second post. If you cannot tell a joke from seriousness, I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't trying to be serious in the whole post. It is normal to inject non serious things every now and then in a good speech, or a wall of text is boring.

I agree that Operator need a body customization tab, but i can also see why they dont, half of the community would create monstrosity's just for the LoLs, wich would take the little bit of seriousness that the Operators have.

I only agree with the first part. There is nothing wrong with the community creating monstrosities. If you decide to create a monstrosity, that is just a reflection of your own character. I mean, we have come to a world where people espouse being fat is ok when it is not (come on, you know a high BMI is bad for health). Warframe is just a game. If people are already willing to destroy their health and body RL, a game character is fair ... game.

Its a sensitive subject since it has everything to go right and everything to go VERY rong, it isn't a black and white subject, actions have consequences wen it comes to Operator customization.

Examples please? If not, this is a baseless assertion.

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Examples please? If not, this is a baseless assertion.

I didn't mean monstrosity has in, overly fat or something like that, also the "Best" option would be for DE to make the models intead of giving us a tab like the sigils, where you have a bar you can move, but this still would kinda brake the lore, since in my opinion, Operators should be "fit" since they basically Hunt down gigantic creatures, but i digress.

50 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Also, please refer to my second post. If you cannot tell a joke from seriousness, I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't trying to be serious in the whole post. It is normal to inject non serious things every now and then in a good speech, or a wall of text is boring.

Its not easy to know what is a joke or not if all the things behide them were serious, makes it kinda hard.

52 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

A lot of teens that shouldn't be in the game if you are suggesting a bracket below 17 - 18 years old. Although I don't really know what you mean by even looking like teens. The operators look like the 12 - 14 year old bracket to me.

Also, as far as I know, majority of males of 17 in my country only lack facial hair because they shave. And I am of Chinese descent ultimately (if you trace all the way back thousands of years) and it is a fact those of my ancestry already have less body hair on average.

I may hate facial hair, but a proper teenage male is going to have it, whether he likes it or not, unless he constantly shaves. A lack of ever growing facial hair is in fact a rarity and males start getting it around 14 onwards.

Admittedly, small breasts are a possibility, but I am certain girls of 17 and above would have a larger variation in chest size than what we have. It cannot be that the void only chose girls of the smaller size because in the modern SJW world, that is breastist - it is discrimination against large breasts, which should not be allowed.

Even though rare, i have seen my fair share of man that really lack facial hair or that they get them at a slower pace then normal, about the girls, this is just DE not wanting to "sexualise" the female Operators by giving them a variation you can chose, because once again, they are canonically Teens/Young Adults despite what people say, so i see it more had DE trying to dodge a bullet.

But i digress, my opinion on this over all is that its not needed, I do agree we need more "adult" like styles, since right now most of the things we have available are either "Emo" or just ugly, Hairs need better textures since some look like actual paper, we need a better range of voices, specially for the male Operators, since they go from pubescent child to 30yo man XD, DE can make the Operators less childish whiteout growing them up.

The Operators are in HUGE need of content, they need more voices, more equipment, fixed clipping, less cringy or childish voice lines, they need to be humanized ( has in they lack personality, if they can give MOAs personality's they should do the same for Operators).

The problem whit the Operators arent their size or cannon age, their problem is that they lack the mental age they are set to be, its dumb from DE to make a being that has lived and killed has a Warframe for years and then make them act like brats wen they wake up, the Operators should be much more mature at this point imo.

Its up to DE to give them the proper personification and remove their dumb childlike behavior, hell, give the stances custom voice-lines, like Zenurik for example, why not give them snoby or mature voice lines wen it is equiped since they seem to be high and mighty in that stance, stuff like that.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

That or we've lost most of our memory for some damn reason, or the player character just chooses not to grant the player the satisfaction of some exposition on the matter. Maybe PTSD.....?

If you look at the codex entry of Vor's Prize after completion, and assuming it's talking about us since the quest itself is basically about us, it says that being put out of stasis so harshly has likely affected our memory.

It's an old piece of lore, yes, and not the best explanation in the world too, but it's what we have. And makes me think that it doesn't go the way of us not ever knowing we aren't the frames, but more so of not remembering it until the truth slaps us in the face. Since right at the end of second dream and during future quests, our tenno is clearly remembering more stuff.

It'd be neat to get a bit more exposition from time to time though.

Edited by ElGuirrix

20 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

I didn't mean monstrosity has in, overly fat or something like that, also the "Best" option would be for DE to make the models intead of giving us a tab like the sigils, where you have a bar you can move, but this still would kinda brake the lore, since in my opinion, Operators should be "fit" since they basically Hunt down gigantic creatures, but i digress.

A set of sliders always wins premade models, unless you are talking about TERA online. Also, when one has void powers which seem to have more purpose other than beams and blasts, I believe being a bouncier girl without much muscle mass is a possibility.

Of course I don't want to see lardasses or similar but if that's what people want, there's nothing you can do about their life choices. Again, as I reiterate, if people are willing to destroy the health and appearance RL, there is nothing wrong with allowing it in a game.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Its not easy to know what is a joke or not if all the things behide them were serious, makes it kinda hard.

I don't think I will mention lolicon or shotacon when serious. Because I call pedophilia and hebephilia by its name.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Even though rare, i have seen my fair share of man that really lack facial hair or that they get them at a slower pace then normal, about the girls, this is just DE not wanting to "sexualise" the female Operators by giving them a variation you can chose, because once again, they are canonically Teens/Young Adults despite what people say, so i see it more had DE trying to dodge a bullet.

So it is ok to sexualize somewhat non human things like Saryn and the Lotus, but it is not ok to sexualize an actual human female when in actuality it is much less kinky and fetishistic to like ... surprise surprise, proper, normal (and attractive) females over a female shaped infested thing or a what is essentially an Austin Powers Fembot. I don't get the logic behind this, you know? There is no bullet dodged here, just a massive leap of logic that has no internal consistency.

Also, men that really lack facial hair is as you say, rare. Again, it makes 0 sense the void will specially choose teenaged males with no facial hair to receive the powers of the void because I am pretty sure all sorts of boys existed.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

But i digress, my opinion on this over all is that its not needed, I do agree we need more "adult" like styles, since right now most of the things we have available are either "Emo" or just ugly, Hairs need better textures since some look like actual paper, we need a better range of voices, specially for the male Operators, since they go from pubescent child to 30yo man XD, DE can make the Operators less childish whiteout growing them up.

I have to agree the hair is just bad, with everything being Emo AND Ugly (not either or, AND). I am ok with more voices.

But it is not about making the operators less childish without them growing up here - it's about having the option of the operator being older and nicer looking in terms of proportions because quite a lot of people would love it.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

The Operators are in HUGE need of content, they need more voices, more equipment, fixed clipping, less cringy or childish voice lines, they need to be humanized ( has in they lack personality, if they can give MOAs personality's they should do the same for Operators).

I cannot disagree here, but DE does need to spend time on the rest of the game so I do understand to some extent why.

Although if you talk about personality ... it depends what kind of personality. If it's the whiny anime hero kind who regrets all he did then you can count me out.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

The problem whit the Operators arent their size or cannon age, their problem is that they lack the mental age they are set to be, its dumb from DE to make a being that has lived and killed has a Warframe for years and then make them act like brats wen they wake up, the Operators should be much more mature at this point imo.

The mental age is lacking. I cannot disagree with that as I myself find it hard to believe someone who lived for 100s of years and fought in a Warframe for 100s of years lacks mental age. If the Tenno were just trained to be child soldiers and nothing else, they wouldn't be able to form coherent sentences, so they must have received education and all from somewhere.

The physical size and appearance is an aesthetic problem. You may like it, but many disagree with you, with me being one of them. I like pretty girls, so there is nothing wrong with wishing the operator could be prettier and shapelier. Is it a bad thing if I picked a female operator and she ... grew a bit faster than her cohort? Actual girls don't all grow at the same rate, neither do guys, TBH.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Its up to DE to give them the proper personification and remove their dumb childlike behavior, hell, give the stances custom voice-lines, like Zenurik for example, why not give them snoby or mature voice lines wen it is equiped since they seem to be high and mighty in that stance, stuff like that.

There is nothing wrong with wishing for this, although I kind of hope the voice lines are not attached to the stances. It doesn't seem like a good way to go about it although I can change stance due to unlocking all focus schools already.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

This is doubly true when you consider that they act like this in the quests - a huge part of TWW is the fact that they STOP doing this. That they mature. This becomes evident in the Sacrifice: They handle a serious situation completely on their own. Very well in fact. 

And then you go right back  to "ThE grINEer used tO be BuIlders nOw aLL thEY MakE is WaR!"

It's kind of disappointing. Honestly, I'd say something they desperately need is some humour. Warframe has a lot of villains with comedic moments - most of them are in fact - but in terms of our main cast, very few have any kind of humour. Sure, there's characters like Darvo and Maroo but they're side characters we don't see often. Lotus, Ballas, Hunhow, Umbra (to the extent he can) and the Operator are all very serious. Ordis is the only light-hearted one and even he has a tragic edge to it. Humour can greatly strengthen a character. I think that Operators are a good fit for such a trait as an indicator of their increased confidence. What was a serious threat when they awoke - an incoming Grineer squad - is now something they can joke about.

Not to mention, if they want to make us like the Operators humour really goes far in doing that. For an example, compare the MCU Thor before and after Ragnarok. One's a pretty serious, played-straight character who's neat to watch during quiet scenes but isn't honestly that interesting during action scenes. After and during Ragnarok though, not only is he a joy to watch during quiet scenes but, oddly, the action scenes become that much more intense. The character is enjoying the action, so you'll enjoy the action that much more.

Other examples of this kind of thing is the original Dante from Devil May Cry, Iron Man also from the MCU and the Abridged version of Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

Il y a 4 heures, Datam4ss a dit :

for anyone who says the operator is mentally mature ... no, it's more like just a kid who experienced many years without aging. The viewpoint is very much still a man child's.

il y a 5 minutes, Datam4ss a dit :

The mental age is lacking. I cannot disagree with that as I myself find it hard to believe someone who lived for 100s of years and fought in a Warframe for 100s of years lacks mental age.

I'm not a pedopsychiatrist, but there is actually a reason for their behavior :

Whatever we like or not, the Tenno's mind is still connected to their body; an immature body. So even if they lived for millenias, they could only have experiences, suffer PTSD, but their brain will still act as a young, immature, body.

We are like these poor children living in London few years after the Industrial Revolution : alone, on the street, with great responsibilities for that age; but as we're still "young" we can, and still, act as child from time to time.

Look at the Sacrifice's quest: we could say the Operator was stuborn, ignoring Ordis with the threat that gives Umbra, but his/her actions were wise (as if he/she already dealt with PTSD... more hint about the atrocities of the Old War ?) & on the other side, the Operator acted way more as a child, loosing his parent. 

The loss of a parent is something harsh, for anyone, we agree on this. But it seems more important here than the "standard" scenario we could find ourself today: the Operator IS immature, because wasn't (before the Sacrifice's end) entirely alone, entirely independent. Now he has to be; but still doesn't mean he has to be a full adult 100% of the time, day & night.

That's why I agree on the " we need a time-lapse " to have a lore-supported "Adult Operator"

Geez, look at this style ! I can't wait to have a full Desert Soldier theme outfit with a grown-up Op':

Révélation

DVxYh4oX0AErAi1.jpg

People seem to be missing one key point about the way Warframe's story is told. It's the veteran way of the "main hero". I call it the "Commander Shepard Trope". Basically, we, ALL OF US, play a single, in universe character: "The Chosen One". Why we are the character we are is because we are Commander Shepard. A Zariman survivor who Lotus sees as a child. This "Chosen One" sits at the center at the most important events in Tenno recent history. We all play our own version of a singular character where a few important facts always stay the same, but the rest is up for grabs. 

As far as I know and understand, there is NOTHING specifically saying that Operators can't be older or younger then what we have. All that we do know is that the Operator thing started and was an evolution from the rehabilitation program used on the Zariman 10-0 survivors, who just so happened to be children to teens. By the Wrell comic and War Within, some of these children were VERY young and by extrapolation, some could of been quite old. But why we are what we are is likely a case of resource demand and the net-benefit at the end and DE's own vision and direction for the game. We are along for the ride and can provide feedback, but they are at the wheel and call the shots. 

What reason, what insurance does DE have that if they put in the work to give Operators an Age slider and all the other, equally important work like new voices that match these ages, all the cosmetics and animations to match up with the variable sizes. The code and tech work needed to make this work at the back-end might be doable, but the cost of time and money of it would be such that they must be SURE that it will pay off. And with a player base as fickle as this about the subject, I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

In the end, my suggestion to those who don't like Operators is to not use them, or if you feel it necessary to use them (so, only for Eidolons) put in the minimal work to be viable (you can find meta builds easily) and just ignore it if not needed. You can turn off the voice lines. You can quite legitimately FORGET they exist, if you so choose. Headcanons are a thing. 

For example, my own headcanon addition that later on, more Operators were MADE to bolster the ranks of the Tenno as the demands of the Old War grew, even adults. We're talking of a period of time spanning CENTURIES. It would be dull to imagine that the nature and specifics of Operator creation wasn't learned and perfected. But these Tenno would not be Lotus's favored. They are not "her children". Thus we can't be those Tenno. In the official story at least, but as i said, everything is possible in headcanon. 

13 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

I'm not a pedopsychiatrist, but there is actually a reason for their behavior :

Whatever we like or not, the Tenno's mind is still connected to their body; an immature body. So even if they lived for millenias, they could only have experiences, suffer PTSD, but their brain will still act as a young, immature, body.

We are like these poor children living in London few years after the Industrial Revolution : alone, on the street, with great responsibilities for that age; but as we're still "young" we can, and still, act as child from time to time.

Look at the Sacrifice's quest: we could say the Operator was stuborn, ignoring Ordis with the threat that gives Umbra, but his/her actions were wise (as if he/she already dealt with PTSD... more hint about the atrocities of the Old War ?) & on the other side, the Operator acted way more as a child, loosing his parent. 

The loss of a parent is something harsh, for anyone, we agree on this. But it seems more important here than the "standard" scenario we could find ourself today: the Operator IS immature, because wasn't (before the Sacrifice's end) entirely alone, entirely independent. Now he has to be; but still doesn't mean he has to be a full adult 100% of the time, day & night.

That's why I agree on the " we need a time-lapse " to have a lore-supported "Adult Operator"

Geez, look at this style ! I can't wait to have a full Desert Soldier theme outfit with a grown-up Op':

Hide contents

DVxYh4oX0AErAi1.jpg

Like stated previously, we need a REASON for this time-laps, and how to incorporate it in the normal game, the only option i can see ( even though Operators dont bother me has they are ) Is the option to chose their "body age" since im sure not all the Zariman children were the exact same age.

But whit time-laps or by option, this would mean that DE would need to not only make new models for the Operator and their faces faces, but also make more adult voices, new voice-lines to fit the "adult" aspect of them, they would also have to re-model all the Operator suits already in game.

Dont get me wrong, i love the concept showed here, i also would wish my Operator could be prettier since there really arent many options, if you want a pretty operator you have to basically make clones of several others XD, but the amount of resources wasted to do this, just arent worth it for DE, at least not now, maybe, just MAYBE, they could put this "time-lapse" on the upcoming "The New War" and make it seem like our Operator has been fighting for a while in this new war, but i dont really see DE wasting resources just for that.

18 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

That is kind of the point though, isn't it?

The whole premise is that the Orokin took children and used them as weapons to fight their war. It kind of shows you how desperate and deplorable the Orokin had become. I'm not opposed to our operators growing up, but I also don't find it weird that they are kids considering everything told about the Tenno only talks about what happened to them as children and not as adults.

Although it was kind of an accident and likely wasn't intentional.

The Vitruvian recordings tell us Ballas had tried (and failed) to make warframes that could be controlled through other means. Whatever happened to the Zariman kids in the Void was the lucky break he had been waiting for, rather than something that was planned...as far as we know.