Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa - Ballistic Battery Rework

(PSN)thefallenloser

Since Mesa Prime is coming very soon, we need to talk about her weakest ability, Ballistic Battery.

Ballistic Battery's effectiveness really depends on the weapon you're using. It's a single-shot buff, which makes it range from mediocre at best on weapons like the Rubico to pretty much a waste of energy on low damage, high fire rate weapons like the Soma or Spectra. To make it better, let's move it away from a single-shot buff and make it better with all weapons. So, let's start fresh, with a new idea.

Ballistic Battery

When activated, damage dealt to Mesa's shields will store a critical chance buff and damage done to Mesa's health will store a status chance buff.

• works off percentage of shields/health damaged
  • has 4 seconds to change the buff
  • I'm thinking that this shouldn't be affected by self damage...
  • multiplicative increases, not additive
  • gains 15% critical and status increases just by activation
  • 50% of the total percentage of health/shields drained go into the buff
    • e.g. 50% of shields drained = 25% critical chance increase (in addition to the 15% for activating), 10% of health damaged, 5% extra status chance (in addition to the 15%)
  • buff duration is 8 seconds at base

This makes Ballistic Battery much more effective all around, a lot more interesting, and opens up the possibility for some interesting weapon combinations!

6 минут назад, BiancaRoughfin сказал:

I would prefer part of its mechanism to remain as is, activating and building up damage as you kill enemies. Only changes i think it needs is make the projectile have infinite Punchthrough and make its area wider so you can blow a hole through a group of enemies in front.

So... Battacore's secondary fire? Yes please.

@BiancaRoughfin Is on the right track. But the punch through is something that we could talk about and debate, because you run into the same problem; a single shot is not a very good buff type. Especially because you can simply miss, and even more so because there are things like Nullifiers, who have base protection from single-shot damage by having their bubble (whether you take it down from the bubble itself, or the projector, it's still more than one shot).

What would be a good, basic buff is this: Instead of a single shot, make it a buff for a fixed few seconds. You don't have to be able to mod that for longer, it just has to be able to last long enough to deal the damage reliably.

You charge it up, and release it for 3-4 seconds of damage buff, meaning that all weapons, across the board, have a buff based off their actual DPS.

Not only that, this would actually make the Augment worth it too, because adding in a bonus 100% Status can be the difference that pushes a few weapons further, and since the buff from the Augment is base when you're using projectile weapons, not additive to mods, you can take something that's already fun, like the AkBolto Prime, and give it guaranteed Status every time you actually need it.

26 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

a single shot is not a very good buff type.

Maybe have the number of shots be based on the weapon currently drawn?
Example: Dual Pistols = 2 shots, Burst Weapons like Sicarus/Burston/Hind = 3/3/5 Shots.
Or
When activated again, Mesa would draw her Regulators and it would deplete a percentage of the damage/charge accumulated per shot like 20%/25% so you can shoot more times with higher damage.

25 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Especially because you can simply miss

Thats why i suggested making the attack area wider so it has more chance of hitting the target. :3

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

@BiancaRoughfin Is on the right track. But the punch through is something that we could talk about and debate, because you run into the same problem; a single shot is not a very good buff type. Especially because you can simply miss, and even more so because there are things like Nullifiers, who have base protection from single-shot damage by having their bubble (whether you take it down from the bubble itself, or the projector, it's still more than one shot).

What would be a good, basic buff is this: Instead of a single shot, make it a buff for a fixed few seconds. You don't have to be able to mod that for longer, it just has to be able to last long enough to deal the damage reliably.

You charge it up, and release it for 3-4 seconds of damage buff, meaning that all weapons, across the board, have a buff based off their actual DPS.

Not only that, this would actually make the Augment worth it too, because adding in a bonus 100% Status can be the difference that pushes a few weapons further, and since the buff from the Augment is base when you're using projectile weapons, not additive to mods, you can take something that's already fun, like the AkBolto Prime, and give it guaranteed Status every time you actually need it.

I've seen you propose this several times and I really wish DE would actually do this.

I'll take any chance to advertise my little concept.

replace BB with Quickdraw: Mesa pulls out one of her regulators, shoots the nearest enemy and then holsters the regulator, all in the blink of an eye. a low cost single target alternative to peacemaker, ideal for finishing a wounded enemy or keeping on the offensive when you need to reload your weapon.

and @(XB1)RDeschain82, I know you love this GIF;

Image result for quickdraw gif

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7