Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Thanatos - Grim Reaper

(XBOX)NS McGuckit

Name: Thanatos comes from the ancient Greek god of death. Now i know what you might be thinking: death = Nekros, but wait! This frame is very different.

Appearance: Thanatos is a Warframe take on the Grim Reaper. He has a hood, robes, and skull mask, with warframe armor underneath.

Abilities:

Passive: Thanatos has a passive called "Darkness." It works similar to Nidus in that certain abilities will increase it, and it in turn strengthens and enables abilities. Also, as Thanatos gains darkness, his robes and armor begin to turn more and more into smoke and shadow.

1st Ability -- Shroud: Thanatos creates an area of light smoke around himself, making him harder to hit and reducing incoming damage. Enemies killed within shroud increase Thanatos' darkness, which in turn increases the intensity of the shroud. I could see this ability as either constant drain or duration.

2nd Ability -- Scythe: Thanatos summons a void scythe which he can use to cut down enemies, increasing darkness and replenishing health. The higher darkness, the more powerful the scythe. This ability would definitely be a constand drain, like other warframe weapons.

3rd Ability -- Drain: Thanatos grabs a nearby enemy and pumps his darkness into the victim, stealing their energy for himself. Instead of costing any energy, using this ability will drain Thanatos' darkness.

4th Ability -- Black Hole: Thanatos gathers his darkness and forces it into the ground, creating a black hole that slows and damages enemies over time. Enemies killed in it are sucked in, which increases the power of the black hole. When it collapses, the black hole's power (which is dependent on the number of enemies it sucked in) is channeled into Thanatos, boosting his power for a duration. This ability can be charged as long as Thanatos has darkness to provide, and the more darkness it is charged with, the bigger and more powerful it will be.

Balancing: Thanatos would have moderately low armor, health and shields, and his first two abilities would be on the more expensive side of warframe abilities. This works great for balancing because Thanatos' abilities complement each other greatly and are designed to all be utilized to have maximum effectivity. They may seem very strong, but it requires a lot of work to keep the balance of health, energy, and darkness. Thanatos will take a lot of work to be good at, but the reward is a powerful frame that can handle most end-game level content.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't had anyone to bounce ideas off of, so I'm open to any criticism you have. Thanks!

Edited by (XB1)McGuckit
Credit to Ghost--00-- for a cool idea for Black Hole

I like his passive, i love his 1st ability, and i love his 2nd ability. The 3rd ability is meh but im not feeling his 4th.

I feel like 4th should do more than just be there and suck in enemies. Prehaps make it grow and deal more damage the more it consumes and at the end of it, turns the player into death by amplifying all his abilities based on the amount of enemies absorbed. 

Im imagining the black hole turning into some sort of black smoke that will go into this orb or gem in his chest, granting him increase power and damage for a duration. Some sort of buffs

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

I like his passive, i love his 1st ability, and i love his 2nd ability. The 3rd ability is meh but im not feeling his 4th.

I feel like 4th should do more than just be there and suck in enemies. Prehaps make it grow and deal more damage the more it consumes and at the end of it, turns the player into death by amplifying all his abilities based on the amount of enemies absorbed. 

Im imagining the black hole turning into some sort of black smoke that will go into this orb or gem in his chest, granting him increase power and damage for a duration. Some sort of buffs

I was thinking something like that but I was afraid people would think it too OP. On second thought it actually sounds really cool, thanks.