Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

TennoGen Round 15 Deadline and More!


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MightyFlower said:

 

As much as I love the skin as the next person, that still doesn't mean that a Warframe should just have 2 skins or 1 skin. Not everyone has a taste that everyone else does. That's why you make/have more skins to fulfill your personal preference needs. Understood?... Good. Have good day fellow Tenno's

you messed up the replies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-09 at 2:36 AM, Aekhon said:

Personally, I wish they'd accept fewer warframe skins/helmets each round and focus more on things that everyone can use regardless of frame, like syandanas, armor pieces (why aren't these in Tennogen?), and weapon skins.  And as for the cloak that several people are talking about, why hasn't that been accepted yet?!

I wouldn't have allowed weapon skins in Tennogen, but I don't complain about what others like

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-07 at 6:03 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

That's not the reason! Transfers take time to get set up, and also we wanted to take extra care in selecting what items are transferred from this Round since unfortunately can't include everything initially. I know it's not ideal but we are aiming to get this in the hands of our PS4 and XB1 Tenno as soon as we can! 

We don't have weekly updates like on PC.

Skipping an update means at least one month, since you don't include Tennogen with hotfixes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-07 at 11:03 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

That's not the reason! Transfers take time to get set up, and also we wanted to take extra care in selecting what items are transferred from this Round since unfortunately can't include everything initially. I know it's not ideal but we are aiming to get this in the hands of our PS4 and XB1 Tenno as soon as we can! 

And why exactly is it you can't include everything initially anyway? It's not like this is the first time, and no one's ever really explained to us why you have to break up the releases, afaik.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-06 at 2:04 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

It’s our goal to ensure that all future TennoGen transfers are handled equally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

Didn't someone say the same thing in regards to PS and Xbone getting the items inline with PC? And yet, here they [Tennogen items on console] are falling ever so behind. Is Switch going to cause consoles to fall further behind in terms of Tennogen releases?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-10 at 6:23 AM, MightyFlower said:

 

As much as I love the skin as the next person, that still doesn't mean that a Warframe should just have 2 skins or 1 skin. Not everyone has a taste that everyone else does. That's why you make/have more skins to fulfill your personal preference needs. Understood?... Good. Have good day fellow Tenno's

You're right, good point. Best solution is to do it yourself. i'm sure other artists will make something for Octavia in time, personally i have no incentive to do so

7 hours ago, Samadidas said:

I have ideas for the helmet Garuda. I'm just learning and do not know how to properly apply a texture, but I hope you enjoy it. (If something is not clear, I do not speak English) Here it is:

 DuEMWb1W4AEVJG8.jpgDuEMYZkXgAIV4A7.jpgDuEMYapWwAAnA7M.jpgDuEMYaAWoAA_2hL.jpg

Create a new thread man, keep it as your personal workshop

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-07 at 12:03 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

That's not the reason! Transfers take time to get set up, and also we wanted to take extra care in selecting what items are transferred from this Round since unfortunately can't include everything initially. I know it's not ideal but we are aiming to get this in the hands of our PS4 and XB1 Tenno as soon as we can! 

good to know, sorry for the unneeded pessimism n sarcasm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-06 at 5:04 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Whether you’re a passionate community member, or a creator yourself, the creativity and innovation that has happened this year is truly incredible. 

Hey I have a question!

Does the Tennogen submission process allow us to swap the models for the entire Warframe (as long as we keep within the polygon limit)?  Or is the model swap limited to alt helms?  The reason I ask is because I have a potentially great idea for Octavia, but her current mesh will not allow me to pull it off properly.  If I could tweak the mesh, it would make a significant difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikhael222 said:

Hey I have a question!

Does the Tennogen submission process allow us to swap the models for the entire Warframe (as long as we keep within the polygon limit)?  Or is the model swap limited to alt helms?  The reason I ask is because I have a potentially great idea for Octavia, but her current mesh will not allow me to pull it off properly.  If I could tweak the mesh, it would make a significant difference.

The body can only be changed through the normal map

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

The body can only be changed through the normal map

So there are absolutely no model-swaps allowed for entire warframes?  They change out the models for the primes and deluxe skins.....why not for Tennogen?

Edited by Mikhael222
Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 7 heures, Mikhael222 a dit :

So there are absolutely no model-swaps allowed for entire warframes?  They change out the models for the primes and deluxe skins.....why not for Tennogen?

I think model swap for Warframes are not allowed because of the work a full body remodel require.

In contrary to just an helmet or a weapon, a full body need to be animated, this means they require a rig and because of this, a much more efficient retopology additionnaly to a working placement for each armor piece, syandana, sigils...
All of this are a lot of work and even more because DE have to double check everything has been done correctly, so even more reasons for rejection and necessary work/feedback from DE.

Syandanas and some helmets already have animations but because they are smaller pieces and rarely have complexe rig like a body, they are a lot faster to work with.

Additionnaly to this, the reason could be the lack of interaction they can have with the artist during the creation process.
Most of deluxe skins first have a concept art, which is probably discussed about inside the team before working on to avoid wasting time on this that would need to be changed and other stuff like that. The lack of proximity between devs and creators (I mean not being at the same office) is probably the main barrier that prevent something as complexe as this without wasting creators time because of different artistic visions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I think model swap for Warframes are not allowed because of the work a full body remodel require.

In contrary to just an helmet or a weapon, a full body need to be animated, this means they require a rig and because of this, a much more efficient retopology additionnaly to a working placement for each armor piece, syandana, sigils...
All of this are a lot of work and even more because DE have to double check everything has been done correctly, so even more reasons for rejection and necessary work/feedback from DE.

Syandanas and some helmets already have animations but because they are smaller pieces and rarely have complexe rig like a body, they are a lot faster to work with.

Additionnaly to this, the reason could be the lack of interaction they can have with the artist during the creation process.
Most of deluxe skins first have a concept art, which is probably discussed about inside the team before working on to avoid wasting time on this that would need to be changed and other stuff like that. The lack of proximity between devs and creators (I mean not being at the same office) is probably the main barrier that prevent something as complexe as this without wasting creators time because of different artistic visions.

while i fully understand and agree, i wish they would at least let tennogen artist use the deluxe or prime variant as a base, which would allow us more options n range of creativity without all those layers of extra work for de.

i can also understand how this might be frowned upon with the deluxes, as it would effectively allow players to have deluxe skins while taking away a percentage of profit from de, however this could be balanced by having a price increase equal to that percentage loss for ones that use the deluxe as a base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

while i fully understand and agree, i wish they would at least let tennogen artist use the deluxe or prime variant as a base, which would allow us more options n range of creativity without all those layers of extra work for de.

i can also understand how this might be frowned upon with the deluxes, as it would effectively allow players to have deluxe skins while taking away a percentage of profit from de, however this could be balanced by having a price increase equal to that percentage loss for ones that use the deluxe as a base.

This would be amazing. Even if we have to own the deluxe first to apply the skin to

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-07 at 3:25 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Because it is.

And it's not fair at all that millions of users playing for at least 4 years have to wait for the new baby

Sorry to bluntly put it but your goal on equality must be your goal, not something that player base have to pay with waits

Switch users will get the stuff when it will be available for them, I don't think they have invested and supported you with money so far not even in the 0.01% of what PS4+XB1 users did in these 4 years

This is clearly a bad slap in the face

Seriously, reconsider

You have to look at this another way.

DE is optimizing the process.  They will make more money and require less expense in terms of time AND money invested because everything will be more efficient.

 

I think Rd 14 is one of the BEST EVER, and believe me, I’m eager, but from a business macro perspective what they are doing makes complete sense.

Patience now will mean greater returns for us later.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, if you're gonna continue to delay these updates for us atleast hold it until you can send everything at once? I don't understand why it takes so long for the PC version to reach consoles tbh,  surely it isn't impossible to add small content updates for consoles with these cosmetics and such instead of holding back months of content before releasing it in one big bug filled update? We're paying you money too you know, so why do we get the PC leftovers everytime?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Please, if you're gonna continue to delay these updates for us atleast hold it until you can send everything at once? I don't understand why it takes so long for the PC version to reach consoles tbh,  surely it isn't impossible to add small content updates for consoles with these cosmetics and such instead of holding back months of content before releasing it in one big bug filled update? We're paying you money too you know, so why do we get the PC leftovers everytime?

because if they didn't take that time to patch on pc n figure out issues, our updates would be more bug filled. also they have to pay sony n microsoft each time for the cert process, thousands of dollars. if they submit something n it fails cert, a) we dont get it quicker, and b) the process starts over, pretty sure that includes them paying again. i hate waiting too, but its neccessary. now if we wanna talk about why certain things do or dont make it into certain updates, go right ahead, but being upset that we have to wait in general is kinda just wasting ur time n breath.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)ashes of suvius said:

they have to pay sony n microsoft each time for the cert process, thousands of dollars. 

I wasn't aware of this, is it something that only certain games have to do? Because I play Paladins and that game gets updated within a week or so of the PC release and there are random hotfixes being released constantly. I can't imagine a money greedy company like HiRez spending so much money if they had to pay for each update

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...