Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... What's The Point Of Any Non-Wraith Strun Shotguns?

Brimir

Now I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but... damn. This thing just made all other Shotguns obsolete. Which, if I may be frank here, pisses me off a bit because I've spent a lot of time, effort and money (in-game and IRL) to make my Hek and Sobek decent because I love Shotguns.

Then along comes a freebie and trumps them both....

:C

DE can't win on that front, if its just a skin Strun is weaker and kinda useless when you have hek/sobek or even boar in my opinion but if they buff it then its the best shotgun for now :\ I'd rather have the former then the ladder though since then we can not feel like we're wasting forma and potatoes on guns that will be replaced by their prime/wraith/vandel variants 

Being available for people who weren't around for that one event, or couldn't hit the twenty minute mark?

They should've made the unique reward item a piece of S#&$ so that no one would ever use it.

EDIT: Just to make it clear: That second line was sarcasm.

Edited by Quamobrem

Sobek is just amazing! It provides sustained damage against lots of enemies. Sobek really shines against groups and not a single target damage focused gun like hek, SW etc. All depends on your playstyle :-)

Wraith Strun does that way better....

IDK, I still prefer my 5x Forma'ed Sobek in a lot of situations - and I'm saying this as a 4x Forma'ed Strun Wraith user.

32 rounds full-auto FTW.

Also, you cannot change the colors on the Wraith, for some players cosmetics trumps all else and they want their shotgun in gaudy colors.

Event only exclusive, I wouldn't worry about it overtaking other shotguns. The Strun Wraith is pretty much an endangered rare species that might fade away as players come and go over time, but when it appears, it will be a sight to behold.

Strun Wraith has absolutely no where near as much range as the Hek does, and has a very short cone at close range.

You can only kill 1 thing every shot, and you have to get close to do that.

I think the Strun Warith has the shortest falloff of all the guns. I have to be darn close to use it. Hek I would love to have an "Overcharge" where you can fire all four shots at once making it a literal cannon.