How to make Harrow as tanky as possible to solo?

Marakai

Question

So I finally farmed Harrow and I want to make him as tanky as possible for solo gameplay. I know he can sustain himself in both energy and HP regen.

I was thinking about: max duration for as long Invurneability duration on his 4 as possible, minimum range (cause it's for solo) and medium strength.

Since his will crit a lot anyway, some balanced weapon that is both good at single target dps and vs group of enemies: Amprex or Ignis Wraith seems best for this.

For mods I don't really now but seems like both Redirection and Adrenaline/Rage would work good for him.

This is just my thoughts, never played him before.

8 answers to this question

OK so first off, Amprex and Ignis Wraith are the opposite of single target dps weapons. 

Second vitality and armor are not as useful for Harrow. 

Third you want a lot of shields consider using Redirection and Vigor/the Augur Shield capacity mod. 

Flow/Primed Flow and that one mod which drains your energy first instead of health. 

The rest should be personal preference so if you want to go duration use Continuity/Primed Continuity maybe Narrow Minded (that's probably overkill) Augur Message and the one that gets you 28% Duration a bit of efficiency and range and you're good to go. 

Lastly Hunter Adrenaline and Rage are not as useful since you don't use a lot of armor and health anyway. 

As for abilities your 1st gives you a lot of overshields, your 2nd gives you health regen (your team benefits from this as well) at the cost of all your shields so be careful, your 3rd is energy per kill (also team benfical) and your 4th well I guess you know what that does. 

Your usual cycle should be 4 then 2 then 3 and lastly 1 to gain more shields. 

Would be better to work on your aim to kill as fast as possible and use your 1. for cc and (augmented)Covenant to avoid damage, relying on survivability is never a good idea as you get oneshot at sortie levels and above anyways and tanking supports the development of lazy habits tbh..

But really, just try Lasting Covenant.

Depends on what you want to solo. 

If you want to solo sortie and below level content then a standard build with moderate strenght and duration, and a smidge of efficiency and range with QT for emergency survival will serve you well enough. 

If you want to solo the "harder" stuff like 200+ standard or 150+ mot, that isn't going to cut it. 

Harrow has the best sustain in the game where his 2nd gives you constant lifesteal with everything that you deal damage with. 

To survive thwt kind of content QT or shields aren't gonna cut it. I've stress tested him in multiple 60+ minute fissure and mot runs, and what i ended up feeling was the best was a umbral+adaptation health based setup with double arcane Guardian. 

It gives you enough beef not to be one shot by anything for a very long time, and can use hunter adrenaline to remove the hassle of keeping up with Thurible timers and to allow you to safely go negative efficiency. I also personally like Lasting Covenant more than using his 4th for invulnerability only, because paired with thebright weapons it makes for the most effective CC - death. 

minimum range will make his Condemn borderline worthless, which is bad because 1.) Its his main suitability tool because its great CC, 2.) its a supplement for his survivability with overshields, 3.) it contributes to his damage from easy headshots.  4.) you want to hit enemies with this to replenish your shields after Penance.  Harrow's biggest flaw is that he is oversynergized.  Everything works together so well, if you drop one part, the whole suffers.

As for General Use's suggestions, I don't quite agree at least when it comes to multiplayer.  When Thurible is active, energy is no problem.  But if its not (ie you lost the buff from being knocked off the ledge or ran into a nully, or more likely, your teammates spammed abilities and killed everything) and you have low energy, you are kinda screwed.  Having health + armor + HA/Rage makes it easy to regain mana if the fight is tough, and you don't need the mana if its not.  Relying on having overshields up all the time is a mistake imo.  Saying that, I haven't played with him much solo.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 a dit :

I think adaptation affects shields, so you should consider trying it out, harrow can reach 3000 shields after all

Yes and no. Yes adaptation does affect shields. No, you dont really survive heavy damage with that regardless. 

Sort of sad but Harrow's health regen skill is miles ahead of his shield regen one. Something like a Zenistar makes it impossible for you to die unless nothing is on the map OR you are getting one shot.