Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add option to hold down left click and have warframe continuously fire semi-auto weapons as firerate allows

Campaigner

also want to point out that overwatch has how many guns compared to warframes over 100+ guns some of which have multiple mechanics like tiberon prime which has a semi, burst, and full auto mode. such a function would be nonsense in this game. i like many others like that weapons have a personality to them.

use what you want. dont use what you dont like.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

also want to point out that overwatch has how many guns compared to warframes over 100+ guns some of which have multiple mechanics like tiberon prime which has a semi, burst, and full auto mode. such a function would be nonsense in this game. i like many others like that weapons have a personality to them.

use what you want. dont use what you dont like.

Well, some of us don't have that choice. You buy weapons with higher MR so you can play with something powerful enough to do content, because you can't get past the hard block MR system PREVENTING you TO use higher MR weapons that ARE fully automatic.

Vectis Prime has a MR14 rating. I'm MR7. You bet I'll be looking for ways to make that sniper rifle work as an assault rifle.

The MR system is BAD all around, as it blocks progression but so easily cheesed (and was) anyhow.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Well, some of us don't have that choice. You buy weapons with higher MR so you can play with something powerful enough to do content, because you can't get past the hard block MR system PREVENTING you TO use higher MR weapons that ARE fully automatic.

Vectis Prime has a MR14 rating. I'm MR7. You bet I'll be looking for ways to make that sniper rifle work as an assault rifle.

The MR system is BAD all around, as it blocks progression but so easily cheesed (and was) anyhow.

you do have a choice. warframe's affinity system has already proven that passive lvling is the best way. you can load any full group endless and just play like you normally do with an automatic weapon and the semi automatic weapon will passively lvl.

what do you do about melee? it is completely semi automatic. there is no auto slash melee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you do have a choice. warframe's affinity system has already proven that passive lvling is the best way. you can load any full group endless and just play like you normally do with an automatic weapon and the semi automatic weapon will passively lvl.

what do you do about melee? it is completely semi automatic. there is no auto slash melee.

Passive leveling? This is about macroing weapon fire to one key/mouse button.

Vectis Prime and the negative ammo trick makes it essentially an automatic sniper rifle. You'd barely will notice that 1 bullet reloading. With native punch through, 1 round is only needed to kill 2-4 enemies at once, too.

So might as well have a method to have continuous fire with one click. It's essentially already done by the mechanics itself as it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Passive leveling? This is about macroing weapon fire to one key/mouse button.

Vectis Prime and the negative ammo trick makes it essentially an automatic sniper rifle. You'd barely will notice that 1 bullet reloading. With native punch through, 1 round is only needed to kill 2-4 enemies at once, too.

So might as well have a method to have continuous fire with one click. It's essentially already done by the mechanics itself as it is.

you know exactly what i mean by passive lvling. you tried to use MR lockout as an excuse. MR isnt the problem. you can use fully automatic weapons to push yourself through MRs

i have no idea what trick you are talking about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you know exactly what i mean by passive lvling. you tried to use MR lockout as an excuse. MR isnt the problem. you can use fully automatic weapons to push yourself through MR ranks.

i have no idea what trick you are talking about.

What? Tell me how I can get pass that 4th platform in MR8 without the cheese too many people did earlier (as late as this year)? Or as someone "offered" to do it for me via sharing my account on this forumn???

Can YOU cure my hand and eyes to so I can do it, even?

No.

So with the tools I have, I will use the game mechanics anyway possible to do what people bypassed themselves to get their automatic weapons to do what they do. Especially when DE ups the level on previous low level automatic rifles. Amprex wasn't a MR10 weapon when I played in 2016, ya know???

B2ABA50992221E3B16247C74030B0EA615F30BDC

THIS was sooooo much fun!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674162108

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

6 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

~snip~

i dont see how you having trouble passing a movement test has anything to do with weapons. you can use any weapon for that test. if you have trouble with parkour 2.0 weapons are the least of your worries.

rank 0 can use MK1 braton, MK1 furis and their normal versions you can literally use braton and grind out all the weapons you need in both secondary and melee to get up to other automatic weapons.

they would have to overhaul many weapons to fit a system that would literally destroy the personality of weapons even though they have already accommodated you by provided many fully automatic weapons to use.

using cheese is your choice that doesnt mean what we have is bad or that semi automatic weapons need an option to remove a intended function of a weapon.

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i dont see how you having trouble passing a movement test has anything to do with weapons. you can use any weapon for that test. if you have trouble with parkour 2.0 weapons are the least of your worries.

rank 0 can use MK1 braton, MK1 furis and their normal versions you can literally use braton and grind out all the weapons you need in both secondary and melee to get up to other automatic weapons.

they would have to overhaul many weapons to fit a system that would literally destroy the personality of weapons even though they have already accommodated you by provided many fully automatic weapons to use.

using cheese is your choice that doesnt mean what we have is bad or that semi automatic weapons need an option to remove a intended function of a weapon.

Let me break it down for you...

1. GAME MECHANICS already supports making even semi-automatic sniper rifles operate as automatics (the whole negative rounds mechanic with 1 round deal).

2. Vectis Prime is a MR14. I'm MR7. HOW can I use the MR14 and can tell you how it operates even?

3, Amprex wasn't a MR10 rifle, until whatever changed occured after 2016. You CLEARLY can see in the photo above my MR and I'm using the Amprex.

4. Today? Amprex is MR10.

5. Today? MR ratings that people once cheesed so they CAN use higher MR ranked weapons, now lock even the Amprex behind a MR10 hard lock.

6. As soon as I logged in after 2 years I get an email saying the Tonkor has been nerfed (sucker can still do over 9k blast damage), without Rivens.

In the past the MR rating wasn't a big issue because lower MR weapons could compete with higher MR locked weapons. That's not the case anymore.

24 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Let me break it down for you...

1. GAME MECHANICS already supports making even semi-automatic sniper rifles operate as automatics (the whole negative rounds mechanic with 1 round deal).

2. Vectis Prime is a MR14. I'm MR7. HOW can I use the MR14 and can tell you how it operates even?

3, Amprex wasn't a MR10 rifle, until whatever changed occured after 2016. You CLEARLY can see in the photo above my MR and I'm using the Amprex.

4. Today? Amprex is MR10.

5. Today? MR ratings that people once cheesed so they CAN use higher MR ranked weapons, now lock even the Amprex behind a MR10 hard lock.

6. As soon as I logged in after 2 years I get an email saying the Tonkor has been nerfed (sucker can still do over 9k blast damage), without Rivens.

In the past the MR rating wasn't a big issue because lower MR weapons could compete with higher MR locked weapons. That's not the case anymore.

from what ive seen its people talking about using mouse wheel instead of LMB press. the difference is you arent pressing down on the mouse button you are rolling the mouse wheel. that isnt the same as pressing and holding a button for continuous fire.

you being able to use a MR14 weapon at MR7 is irrelevant. DE has already made it impossible to trade people weapon BP's and parts that are above their MR

Amprex is not a beginner weapon DE talked about it along time ago. moving it to MR10 is not an issue.

its called progression. when DE made a weapon pass they reordered weapons to fit where they should be.

didnt know making a launcher that was trivializing gameplay have self damage like it should have from the start is a nerf.

why should a low MR rank weapon compete with a high MR rank weapon? it shouldnt. MR isnt an issue atleast not for me. its a part of progression that went ignored for longer than it should have.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

from what ive seen its people talking about using mouse wheel instead of LMB press. the difference is you arent pressing down on the mouse button you are rolling the mouse wheel. that isnt the same as pressing and holding a button for continuous fire.

And that is a difference? The MECHANICS SUPPORT even sniper rifles being essentially automatic assault rifles. Find a way to macro it to the LMB, and plow on threw. I mean people cheesed the game enough as it is (did you NOT know about this, dear, too???)...

What a joke this MR hard block system has become. That quest has been there for 2 years (Titania was released on August 19, 2016). That cheese wasn't fixed until this year.

It needs to be redone completely, especially when people are asking to share accounts to do it for you even on this forum (THAT SHOULD BE a permaban offense, as that gets into your credit card and identity issues).

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

10 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

~snip~

and you can cheese the interception MR test with frost can cheese the 2 capture moving points with limbo at MR23 and 25. people choose how they want to play just because you can cheese doesnt mean it cant still be done regularly. only way to combat cheese in MR tests is to lock them to specific frames. GL with that.

we've moved from the actual topic though. i stand by what i said. there are more than enough options for you to use fully automatic weapons and not ever have to use semi auto ones outside passively lvling them. weapon personality is important and DE wont throw that away because you dislike a firing mode.

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

and you can cheese the interception MR test with frost can cheese the 2 capture moving points with limbo at MR23 and 25. people choose how they want to play just because you can cheese doesnt mean it cant still be done regularly. only way to combat cheese in MR tests is to lock them to specific frames. GL with that.

we've moved from the actual topic though. i stand by what i said. there are more than enough options for you to use fully automatic weapons and not ever have to use semi auto ones outside passively lvling them. weapon personality is important and DE wont throw that away because you dislike a firing mode.

How? Didn't you know NOW frame abilities are disabled in the tests???

End-gamers need to learn the game as how it CURRENTLY works.