Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add option to hold down left click and have warframe continuously fire semi-auto weapons as firerate allows

Campaigner

3 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

I'm not working on MR7 or MR11. Get in the RIGHT practice zone (MR8).

Yeah, so all you did was prove ... L2Read (or even notice the test zone in the screenshots!).

lol first you try to act like i dont know what im talking about then when i provided you proof twice you want to get an attitude? oh btw only 1-3 6. 8 and 19 have locked powers out of 25 tests.

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there is nothing else to be said here folks time to move along.

So why do you even bother to comment on stuff you don't even know anything about (and even admit it!)? The Vectis Prime stuff, for example?

You get hot under the collar and call others rude, but you're showing everyone you pick fights. You even PUROSELY skipped the MR8 test I was talking about, to find a test to "prove you were right". I can't get into the MR11 test to try it out, ya know??? I do see it's locked out on MR8.

problem from who not buy plat or farm plat for buy slot will level rank slow.... or just buy promotion pack but use all plat for fasion frame lol.. so no left for slot and not make process far enough to farm exp spot. so ppl will stack at MR.. try learn more about this game will save you time and boost you process

if want cheat got high level rank weapon from low MR.. system already have prime vault for you to buy it.. but hey i want free and fast.. doing by the way other people do...learn for it. DE want money to work eat and life. so them make system for people must pay for fast process but game already have way for who not pay like farm relic  farm arcane for sell and sell for who have plat . but if you say all way is suck .. that up to you . the world have way to run but that not your way. make your choose  if it still suck just quit no one force you to play

Why the hell are we discussing mastery this a thread about trigger types. 

As someone with musculature issues I am disappointed every time a semi auto weapon is released. I can only play a very small handful of the slow fire rate super heavy damage ones. So many of the semi Autos look really cool or have awesome niche uses and I will never get to play with them. 

I see 4 possible solutions:

1. Allow holding fire to fire the guns like the thread suggests

2. Add a mod that changes the trigger type

3. Convert the spammy high fire rate semi Autos (looking at you akboltos) to full auto

4. Add an accessibility setting to make hold fire work on semi Autos. 

On 2018-12-07 at 11:21 PM, arm_man26 said:

Use the scroll wheel as I did? I'm using the G502 mouse btw with infinite scroll

I was going to say just do this, use a G series logitec mouse as they have that button you click and just fling the scroll wheel.

Use ANY logitec or razor series keyboard/mouse that has marco functions that work at the hardware level and be done with it too.

I see a thread of people that haven't been training their fingers since the first Diablo game. 🤣

As for wearing out a mouse, what are some people doing to them? I have a Logitech MX 518 I've been using for over a decade.The logo is half worn off and I've had to give it a tear down clean a few times, but it's still working perfectly. I'm an advocate for autofire in shmups, but in fps/3ps the semi auto weapons are usually more of a careful aim and mitigate kickback sort of thing to me so I leave it to my finger.

On 2018-12-11 at 11:16 AM, Hobie-wan said:

I see a thread of people that haven't been training their fingers since the first Diablo game. 🤣

As for wearing out a mouse, what are some people doing to them? I have a Logitech MX 518 I've been using for over a decade.The logo is half worn off and I've had to give it a tear down clean a few times, but it's still working perfectly. I'm an advocate for autofire in shmups, but in fps/3ps the semi auto weapons are usually more of a careful aim and mitigate kickback sort of thing to me so I leave it to my finger.

the issue comes up in warframe because not all semi autos are the careful aim and high kickback type, many many of them are super spammy fastfire low recoil: bolto family, akjagara, vasto family, magnus family, acrid, lato family, are a few of them and that's just off the top of my head.  Pistols seem to be the category that suffers from this the most. If all semi autos were slow and high damage it wouldn't be as big an issue I agree, unfortunately that is not the game we live in.

Also it's super easy to wear out non gaming mouses with this kind of activity. Them little netbook mice just aren't built for the long haul.

This next bit isn't directed at you:

For those stating bind it to mousewheel or use macros you are completely ignoring those that play warframe with a controller or on console. If you think tapping left mouse button is harmful go click the right trigger on a controller a couple hundred times. User "hax" to get around design decisions that can cause harm only take you so far, when it requires 3rd party programs or purchasing of separate expensive accessories to avoid pain or injury from general use of a mechanic there is a problem with that mechanic that should be addressed.

My fingers literally exploded from leveling up semi-auto stuff like the Acrid and Latrons. Like, boom. No more fingers at all. I'm a robot like the "people" on Fortuna.

I start to feel pain in my finger if I go for like 60 minutes in a survival run with an automatic weapon; I can't even stand doing regular fast missions with semi-auto rifles, it hurts more than finding out your favorite anime ends on a cliffhanger and won't be getting another season. Now for leveling up semi-auto weapons for mastery, I just equip them to passively gain affinity without actually using them.

For anyone else who gets a sore finger, I suggest trying out explosive weapons like the Kulstar(and to a lesser extent the Zarr/Tonkor/Penta) that can clear out like an entire room with a single click without really aiming. It just feels so nice to use them. Wouldn't mind if the Ogris lost it's charge time to be used similarly too. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* 

Gonna try out binding the shoot button to my mousewheel sometime tonight. Imagine it will take some getting use to.
Actually, is the idea to bind it to pressing the mouse wheel down, or to scroll up/down with it? What finger do you do it with?

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

On 2018-12-06 at 11:39 PM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yeah the new Akvasto P looks good but I won't be using it after hitting rank 30 because it's semi auto. Same goes for secondary fire weapons like the Corinth and specially the Panthera, it has a interesting Gears of war style flipping chainsaw but you have to hold down the secondary fire to use it which makes turning around impossible. DE clearly wasn't thinking of console players when making these weapons, being able to toggle secondary fire and hold fire to use semi auto weapons would help controller users a lot

I just rebound secondary fire to r1 for that, but I did lots of rebinding 

• 2 weeks later...