Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companions should gain stat scaling vs enemies lvl

XenMaster

Problem with sentinels and pets they often downed or getting oneshot. It doesnt matter you have Primed Regen or Medi Pet Kit to increase their revival time or slow bleedout timer. Downed or killed companions = no support for players.

In order for companions to be tanky,

Three possible solution,

1. Link mods added to sentinels

2. Flat based health/armor/shield

3. Stats are passively buffed on every round of the mission (scaling level like ability)

1. Link mods for sentinels might be great when you have warframes with better health like Inaros, you can make sentinels tanky enough not to get oneshot.

2. Flat based mods instead percentage based should be a thing. Increase sentinel or pet health by 500 base with one mod couldve buff them up.

3. Adding passive buff to all sentinels and pets where their stats health, armor abd shield increase by percentage on every round or timer of the mission. Enemies get stronger, companions get stronger.

Other things they can add to pets:

Claws and Fangs weapon slot for all kubrows and kavats, and helminth chargers.

Having innate weapon slot so players can move their damage mods to the slot instead of precept stats type slot.

Because of dual status elemental mod added to pets when Fortuna update comes in, players having hard time whether they should use the new mods or not.

It could sound overpowered but DE can rebalance it if they see fit.

Other things for sentinels:

Sentinel weapons with augments.

Players now choose Cryotra and Sweeper for crowd control status debuff or Vulklok for oneshot target.

Other weapons like Deth Machine Rifle, Laser Rifle, Vulcax are left hanging or sold instantly out of inventory.

All sentinels should gain augments with example of support dps type.

Deth Machine Rifle can lifesteal for players and the sentinels.

Laser Rifle (vanilla or prime) now fire homing projectiles, reduce enemy damage (puncture like status proc), and cause knockdown around the targeted enemy.

Vulcax now have 1 sec reload. Every successful shot on enemy will create AOE of heat liquid, reduce enemy armor by percentage.

Sweeper (vanilla or prime), every consecutive shot the accuracy increase until reload. Produce health orb if the target killed by any threat.

Burst Laser (vanilla or prisma) now fire silent (i think its already silent), turn the target into temporary ally (mind control like) and cause aggro to enemy. Successful shot increase warframe movement speed.

Artax now completely freeze enemy (avalanche) and create passive aoe slow debuff to nearby enemy. Artax now change target if previous enemy havent unfreeze themselves.

Deconstructor (vanilla or prime) now cause disarm to enemy and open up finisher attack for players. Weapon spawn synthesis enemy when target killed.

Stinger now expose enemy weakness point (similar to banshee) when successfully hit enemy. Attack now viral based.

Tazicor (laser rifle type for moa) now triggers electrical AOE and force enemy to reload and robotics to shut down temporary.

Multron (Oxylus sentinel weapon) throws emp trap that pulls nearby enemy (Ferrox secondary fire). Should work for Conservation hunting.

Universal augment or precept for sentinel:

1. Rocket Barrage

Precept allow sentinel to fire bombard projectiles that track target. Cause blast proc. Cooldown 10 seconds.

2. Red Laser

Precept that fires one shot of Ambulas attack that vaporize enemy. Damage stats can be improved through sentinel weapon mods. Cooldown 30 seconds.

These augments idea just came from my mind. Augments for those sentinels couldve been more critical and status, or more damage buff.

But since DE dont want to repeat that deth machine rifle soloed Pluto infested defense, we have to keep sentinel weapons to utility and support type.

Cosmetic idea for sentinel :

Orokin drone skin for all sentinels.

Some of your ideas are really nice. But I am defenitely against buffing your companions on mission progression. Giving Beasts moddable weapons would be nice and could free up some slots or survivability. As they wanted to add %-Boni for Beast I don't see a problem for linked mods for Sentinels, but i won't give them flat Boni.

Weapon augments sound nice, I would stay with utility and not flat damage buffs.

Other things I would like to see are more specific Kubrow mods (Kavats got Pounce, Sharpened claws..) and a rework of Retrieve from the Chesa, as all have now fetch. And I would like another option the gets the new Sentinel precepts except Simaris scanning, as it takes a lot of time and is getting on my nerves... and of course a better companion AI, especially for the Kubrows.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

uhm.. i have to say.. my smeeta kavat didn't get that much down.... even on lvl 50 not... so may you have a mod problem instead of an gameplay problem?

same on kubrows i have... 

ok, my shade gets very easy down, but the shade is not for offensive work...

Mate 50s are mid-levels at most, of course they can survive well in those.

I agree that all companions should have mods that don't link to your warframe stats so they can be effective with squishy frames. And dedicated Fangs/Claws weapons are needed as we get more and more damage mods that we have nowhere to fit.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb (XB1)DragonHunter540:

I also think the attack mods on your pet/sentinels are a waste of slots. It should be implemented into it already.

If you mean the ones like Warrior, Striker etc. I agree, but instead this should be mentioned in the describtion of your sentinel, so you know his firing range.

2 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

uhm.. i have to say.. my smeeta kavat didn't get that much down.... even on lvl 50 not... so may you have a mod problem instead of an gameplay problem?

same on kubrows i have... 

ok, my shade gets very easy down, but the shade is not for offensive work...

Just what kind of mod problem he could have what causes the companions to go down easily?

The base setup for all pets comes with link health and armor and a healinh source, you cant make an error there.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Fallen_Echo:

Just what kind of mod problem he could have what causes the companions to go down easily?

The base setup for all pets comes with link health and armor and a healinh source, you cant make an error there.

no idea? my kavat don't get that easy down, even on lvl 80-100... (depending on the mission for sure)... so i can't say i need a better survivability on it.

but some more offense options would be nice....

I definitely appreciate the concept of having sentinel weapons serve another function other than competing levels of dps, I wish more of that existed for Exalted weapons as well.

I don't tend to have too much trouble with companions dying though because I choose them according to the Frames I can synergize them with which helps tremendously for them and the frame. But I do admit that I lean towards a select few when it comes to high level content. My Huras Kubrow doesn't really die because of link mods working well with average to high health/armor stat frames and he can usually take out almost any enemy he comes across by himself. Having Hunter Recovery + Pack Leader also generally makes them a melee frame's best friend since they can sustain each other indefinitely.

I frequently use Shade for added survivability on squishier frames which also keeps himself alive (and now he's even better with his Simaris precept). I use Djinn for crowd control, which also benefits himself (and again the Simaris mod makes him invaluable for high level endless content). I only use Wyrm for Nova and Mag for added support to keep enemies off of them (and it's hilarious how potent his knockback is). The only sentinels I don't use on any loadout are Dirgia (because for CC I just find Djinn more effective) and Deathcube (because pure single target damage is a waste for me in a game where I can wipe the room in seconds), but once I get a hold of his Simaris precept he could become useful in sustainability.

3 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

no idea? my kavat don't get that easy down, even on lvl 80-100... (depending on the mission for sure)... so i can't say i need a better survivability on it.

but some more offense options would be nice....

The only mistake he could make is to use frames what dont have much hp and/or armor because that way pets are really squishy but i guess this can also be personal luck too, maybe your cat/dog/moa is not as prone to use the superman pose as his therefore the times is vulnerable is much lower.

I'm all for anything that changes how squishy companions are. Them scalling defensive stats off warframes you use is a sick and lame joke. And level 50 content, although might be high level for most of players, isn't the starting point where endgame should be (have in mind first Sortie mission is lvl 50, then 75 and 100'ish. Arbitration start off 70ish and ESO from 70ish aswell)

The idea of letting them scale of mission level is.. Well definitely better than what they currently have, Tbh if they had their own base stats the scale off would be just as good, if not better.

Still, a suggestion worth thinking of :)