Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

if stalker mode cannot be opt out.

BloodKitten

This thread’s a little redundant, I’m afraid, we’ve just had eighteen pages of hashing out this exact point.

Ah well. Besides, literally any second now you can expect some people to come in accusing of you of being a filthy coward, of being ashamed of your own status as an unskilled scrub, announcing that not liking PvP is in itself a justification for you to get ganked until you delete your account, demanding that you explain why you don’t like PvP in exacting detail, explaining that because you don’t like PvP you are actively ruining other people’s gaming experience, and that you should be toughened up by being sent to Iraq.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Im mr 26 and i only did 3 pvp fights with my clan mate.
So i never touch that feature, like for real.

But if i would be forced to pvp i would do exact same thing as OP if i would not be in a mood.
And you can call me coward at least i would be coward who's experienced isn't ruined by forcing me into something that i want to avoid in this game.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb ChaosSabre:

Does't really matter. It'll be same stats as regular stalker. As long you get a team that has a operator you will be losing that battle as stalker without cheese strats.

So only few People would like to Play as Stalker meaning a Dead mode.  Since no opt out is to prevent that, i can assure you Player Stalker will get buffs sooner or later

Edited by Eisdschungel

...Here we go again. To the PvP defender squad: Yes, it matters. You're wasting my time without me giving you my consent to do so. I don't wanna waste my time, I don't wanna deal with you, and I most definitely don't wanna be your entertainment while you're ruining mine.

Honestly I'm not sure why it's such a fuss. Stalker has always been an easy kill, at least if it's a real player I might get to have some fun with it. Of course, the whole thing reminds me of Dark Souls style invasions, and I liked those too.

1 minute ago, JqHades said:

Honestly I'm not sure why it's such a fuss. Stalker has always been an easy kill, at least if it's a real player I might get to have some fun with it. Of course, the whole thing reminds me of Dark Souls style invasions, and I liked those too.

Not everyone thinks the same way...what might not be a fuss to you is a fuss for someone else. 

11 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

It’s not like it’s a big deal to fight him, just let him kill you and you can move on with the mission, it’s just one revive 

Stalker mode has shown to be able to completely destroy a mission if its defense or mobile defense on a devstream or prime time

True. I just see the whole thing as a non threat because there's nothing to really lose here. It's not as if we don't have multiple revives or gear more than capable of killing a stalker. As for the damage to mission objectives, I'd be surprised if they keep that in.

il y a 3 minutes, keyosbringer a dit :

Stalker mode has shown to be able to completely destroy a mission if its defense or mobile defense on a devstream or prime time

That is the actual problem. The potential for trolling is far too high. Otherwise being that it's still the same stalker, the fight wouldn't be that much different tbh. 

à l’instant, (PS4)dursereg a dit :

Simple solution , quit killing bosses you won't be marked i.e. you opted out.

Oh ye sure, that's a great solution, why did nobody think of that. All tennos stop killing bosses right now so nobody has to face stalker again /s

3 minutes ago, JqHades said:

True. I just see the whole thing as a non threat because there's nothing to really lose here. It's not as if we don't have multiple revives or gear more than capable of killing a stalker. As for the damage to mission objectives, I'd be surprised if they keep that in.

Not everyone will have multiple revives to rely on.  That's not really justification for DE sanctioned trolling.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Dont kill bosses and never see stalker ~ easy

Are you guys reading what you're posting? Sure, let's block progression for everyone cause some PvP is stupidly forced upon them. Smart, huh?

Bosses are more fun than a players stalker will ever be. Furthermore, that also implies not doing sorties. Which means this stupid Stalker mode, if it's not opt-out, will literally block people from getting desirable rewards. Which is plain stupid. Not only will it be an annoyance, it will be an active roadblock to unique rewards. Oh, you want some Ansas? Great, enjoy this boot down your throat from another PvP player that has no place in your game. Wonderful! /s

I hardly see it as trolling. I imagine there will have to be potential rewards on both sides to make it seem desirable. I know everyone isn't going to agree with me on this, but the PvE has been putting me to sleep lately. I want the spice XD

Should just be able to turn it off, full stop.  Can't imagine why DE would do otherwise, seeing as how the reaction to PvP has been lukewarm every time they've tried it, and seeing as how pushing players into PvP has not gone well in the past.  That alert a couple years back with the snowball fight demonstrated that if you try to make players who don't want PvP get into it, it goes badly for everyone.  The players who don't want PvP do as little as possible - complete detachment - and the players who do want PvP discover that trying to compete with someone who doesn't care is unfulfilling.  There's no spice to fighting someone who will just flat out ignore you.  Player vs Player rapidly become Player vs non-Player who just wants them to go away already.

Edited by Phatose

3 minutes ago, JqHades said:

I hardly see it as trolling. I imagine there will have to be potential rewards on both sides to make it seem desirable. I know everyone isn't going to agree with me on this, but the PvE has been putting me to sleep lately. I want the spice XD

then go play a pvp game and leave people who dont want pvp alone maybe? 

12 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

11 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

So pretty much you're saying "You don't want to fight a player stalker?  Well you better buy every frame in the game as farming for them will force you to get marks and force you to participate in PvP!"
Yeah...slapping up a stupidly high paywall just to avoid being randomly ganked with no way to prevent it definitely won't hurt this game at all /s

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

Can't imagine why DE would do otherwise,

As Steve mentioned in an interview they don't want everyone to just opt-out and kill the mode.
So because they know it won't be popular they want to force everyone to participate so its not just wasted development time....

I really don't see that going over well.

5 minutes ago, JqHades said:

Then how about you take part in a game like that?
If I wanted soulsborne style invasions I would be playing a soulsborne game.
I don't come to Warframe to be forced into PvP.  I play other games when I want that sort of action.

I play a lot of PvP games. A lot of games in general, really. I have plenty of distractions to keep me busy while I wait for the new melee system and orb bosses, but that doesn't change the fact that I'd like to be able to play this one without passing out in my chair because there's nothing to count as a challenge. But hey, if people really want to avoid it so much, I see no issue in letting them.

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

As Steve mentioned in an interview they don't want everyone to just opt-out and kill the mode.
So because they know it won't be popular they want to force everyone to participate so its not just wasted development time....

Not putting in an opt-out doesn't prevent people from simply refusing to do anything, ignoring the mode completely, sitting motionless if not flat out disconnecting when they're driven into it.  The Mode is just as dead, and a portion of the playerbase is annoyed.

If that's the thinking, it's a poorly thought out plan.

7 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

The problem with those statements is:  what about when you're in a group with people who do have a Stalker mark?   If the answer is "play solo" then you're admitting that pvp is now dictating pve players how they should play. And that's just a terrible thing. It effectively throws that overused argument out the window I've seen many times from the pvp-pushers in the past:  "pvp can be added without interfering with the main pve game".

1 minute ago, MystMan said:

It effectively throws that overused argument out the window I've seen many times from the pvp-pushers in the past:  "pvp can be added without interfering with the main pve game".

Which is because that argument is basically a lie. PvP exists in Conclave, and Conclave is a ghost town. PvP used to exist in the form of Dark Sectors, but Dark Sectors eventually became so toxic and harmful to the game that they had to be shut down. So now the argument has actually become “DE should force players to do PvP, because that’s what I want, and I genuinely do not care what anyone else wants.”

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

Not putting in an opt-out doesn't prevent people from simply refusing to do anything, ignoring the mode completely, sitting motionless if not flat out disconnecting when they're driven into it.  The Mode is just as dead, and a portion of the playerbase is annoyed.

If that's the thinking, it's a poorly thought out plan.

I fully agree with you.
I can already see all of the rage threads that will happen with host-migrations whenever a player stalker connects to a party, which will ruin everyone's games: The people who want to fight a player stalker, the people who don't want to fight a player stalker, the people who just don't care, and the player stalker themselves.
And that is before you get to how laggy that could very easily become.

And that's without taking into account the trolling that stalker players could easily do...

I just don't see this being a good mode in any way, especially if its forced onto everyone with no way to avoid it.