Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

if stalker mode cannot be opt out.

BloodKitten

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because normal stalker doesn't:
-Spam in chat
-Troll players.

For instance a stalker player could (as shown by the dev-streams that have shown the mode off):
-Attack the objective
-Trigger alarms (potentially causing failures in spy/rescue missions, not to mention normal stalker can do this but isn't programmed to abuse it)
-Just run and hide causing failures in Survival/Capture, and just artificially extending defense wave times
-Against weaker/newer players they can choose to not kill the target and kill the rest of the squad repeatedly

And that's without going into the stalkers moveset which is stupidly broken and only really kept in check due to the stalkers poor AI (infinite range, non-LOS dispel that staggers and causes damage?  What about infinite range non-LOS pull that pulls the target to stalker, and staggers them, 100% of the time?  When the AI bugs out and spams pull there is nothing a player can do except for being rapidly pulled-meleed-pulled again with zero input allowed due to the stagger...Or what about how all of shadow-stalkers cast animations render him invincible?  And without AI could just spam the laser grenades infinitely?)

Idk, all of that sounds hilarious. Hopefully DE will find a good balance. A simple timer would probably be the best option. 

The game mode is known, was super playable during a Tennocon, and has languished in development limbo. 

Steve stated very recently to DKDiamantes that they do not want to just dump it on us, they are withholding it for lore reasons. They want a quest and lore dump to justify it. I stand by this justification.

So no, it has not been announced yet, we are just hoping for it and super hyped.

43 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had that thought too.  I started to notice a difference about a year ago.  

Maybe I encountered 1 or two years ago some stalker fights where the stalker had human like behave. The only sign if a player control a stalker when the stalker jump, wall hop or wall climb. I did not noticed that but in 1-2 times I saw a smarter movement from the normal stalker (not finished the second dream so I can spawn the regular one) and felt a it more challenging but somehow not seemed like a real player. Maybe just the devs tested it and they asked a noob to controll him but I can imagine if a good player or a pvp hardcore can get the hands on it. That will be a real challenge and honor.

30 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

pro is when the Stalker shows up, it will be controlled by another player

I dont think this is a pro... i dont want other ppl to disrupt my game.

30 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Seriously tho, why is this such an issue?

I dont mind playing, wining , losing against NPCs...but when i play PvE there is no reason to engage in PvP.

PvP comes with alot of toxicity that i dont need....like i can see some cases when you somehow get killed by player controlled stalker and then receive toxic whispers.

I don't think this would be that toxic and bad how peoples paint it but that is a fact this community is pve oriented and many player choosed this game because of the relax and god aspect of the game. The best option would have be if they manage both the pve and pvp part and make the pvp also fun by adding servers, more balance, better pvp maps which not blocks the players.

My opinion is we should wait on their words and give feedbacks when they implement it but I doubt they will let in game if this is a very bad idea. They have more data and they can see the numbers so they probably know what the majority wants and the vocal minority against it. A lot of peoples not really use the forums so they does not bothered by this or if the newer players first encounter with a player stalker then they probably will easier adopt it because they does not have experience and examples to compare it.

Just few ideas and I would like to say we should just wait and see how it happens.

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

you will literally have little to no noticible difference between npc stalker and player stalker.  if you can smack down the npc stalker and send him running like a crying kid that tried to act grownup then you will beable to do same to the player stalker as the loadout will be wxactly same only difference is no AI pathing

You do know that you just gave a very good reason to not even implement this right?  LOL

1 hour ago, Aikatears said:

Devs dont want to add an opt in/out for this mode knowing most would opt out. That the problem not the mode itself, that it would be forced.

if they really do that, then .... then it's pure stupidity... i like DE, but forcing uppon players a thing that they KNOW everybody could hate ( i would like the mode, personally. a bit of challenge. ) without an option to turn it off is... stupid. there isn't other words.

but other than that, if it's the same shadow stalker, i don't really see why are people complaining anyway, he's going to get annihilated as easily as the average stalker boi.

12 minutes ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

Meanwhile, I welcome a stalker that's finally somewhat of a threat. I used to run with a stalker loadout in conclave for a while so I guess I'm prepared?

Say that now but , when your getting one shot everytime you spawn the first thing you will say is "stalker needs buffs or X guns/warframes need nerfs"

simply because you pvp nuts wont be able to send "git gud" messages

And the moment they start nerfing to cater to the pvptards game will go south real fast

wont happen and you know it,  First time

If the  promise not to nerf My   builds  becaues  some one wnats to stroke their Epeen, I will GLADLY  curb stomp every invader with  smile... But that  happen  or forums  will be flooded  with  " Stalker is  to weak  X frame is  to strong  I cant kill them , X wepaon one shots me"

and you cant deny it  wont happen

Because this matters to me, I want to pass along something I've seen, but I can't say where it came from, however if you accept that I have no reason to lie on the topic (Look at my post history, I was taking DE Scott's statements as true until a little while ago).

A DE staffer has stated that Stalker mode "will be ‘opt-in’ on the users end"

I can't say any more on the topic, nor say who or where or what context that was said in, but given the topic and previous DE statement I felt this was important to pass on.

Edited by SilentMobius

14 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

Say that now but , when your getting one shot everytime you spawn the first thing you will say is "stalker needs buffs or X guns/warframes need nerfs"

simply because you pvp nuts wont be able to send "git gud" messages

And the moment they start nerfing to cater to the pvptards game will go south real fast

wont happen and you know it,  First time

If the  promise not to nerf My   builds  becaues  some one wnats to stroke their Epeen, I will GLADLY  curb stomp every invader with  smile... But that  happen  or forums  will be flooded  with  " Stalker is  to weak  X frame is  to strong  I cant kill them , X wepaon one shots me"

and you cant deny it  wont happen

Lul, I'm no pvp nut, infact I despise conclave, only played it for the skins. I don't mind stalker being a challenge for once.

6 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

i'll just turn off my modem whenever stalker show up, i dont mind the PvE stalker, but i dont want to be forced into PvP.

And people keep saying that PvP is toxic, aside from this post, history has shown otherwise. *Cough* Elite: Dangerous *cough*

hace 2 horas, EmberStar dijo:

Right.  Just *never* farm for frame components, weapon parts, or rare mods (like the ones that only drop from the Arena bosses.)  And you'll never have to worry about someone invading your game.

You know what *else* would keep them from invading my game?  Never logging into Warframe and spending my time and money somewhere else.  Which is the option some people will pick.

if thats the case then good riddance to them, i dont see people complaining about the AI stalker ¬¬

people is so triggered cuz they will know a human being put them in shame? oh boy XD

Hasn't it already been confirmed that it's going to be Opt-IN and therefore pretty much all of this about forcing PvP is baseless fearmongering?

It's really just sad how so many people are so adamant that there is no way to make it not awful despite plenty of solutions being offered and those solutions never ever ever being acknowledged in any way and instead the exact same issues are parroted over and over again that there isn't even a point in discussing it.

There is nothing to discuss, if only because too many people are not actually willing to let it be discussed.

7 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Not everyone will have multiple revives to rely on.  That's not really justification for DE sanctioned trolling.

Y'know I see some valid reasons against the PC stalker but this one is probably the worst. Stalker only shows up in the first 5 Minutes of a mission, if you don't have all your revives within the first 5 minutes...then PC stalker is the least of your problems.

The reason this became a hot-button issue was because of DE Scott stating that if there was an opt-out then the "game mode" would be DOA. There are two very important take aways from that:

• DE (The people with the usage stats) think that the majority of players don't want to engage in PvP invasions.
  • Hence they felt the only way to make it work was to force it on players.

There is no "solution" to that, It's just terrible. Now, DE have cleared that up (but not anywhere the majority of players can see) and there will be an opt out (actually an explicit opt-in). So it's no longer critically flawed, but the question is, if they believe it'll be DOA: why bother in the first place.

It's that simple, DE have no expectation of it being used, that is from-the-horses mouth, so why bother?

7 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Are you guys reading what you're posting? Sure, let's block progression for everyone cause some PvP is stupidly forced upon them. Smart, huh?

Yes, if its such a big drama that the stalker might not be a program but a actual potential challenge then the simple thing is to avoid having the tag on your account that says potential target. Its not like stalker mode is going to be consistently disrupting your every play session every time you log in. 

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

Yes, if its such a big drama that the stalker might not be a program but a actual potential challenge then the simple thing is to avoid having the tag on your account that says potential target. Its not like stalker mode is going to be consistently disrupting your every play session every time you log in. 

So... wouldn't it just be better to have an opt-out then? I mean, it's basically the same you're saying, except it doesn't make people unwilling to play certain PvE content.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

So... wouldn't it just be better to have an opt-out then? I mean, it's basically the same you're saying, except it doesn't make people unwilling to play certain PvE content.

if they are that terrified of having the stalker not be the face-roll it currently is then maybe they should. 

Edited by AzureTerra

48 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

if they are that terrified of having the stalker not be the face-roll it currently is then maybe they should. 

Hades-Eye-Roll-In-Disneys-Hercules.gif

You know, you might wanna give an argument as to why that's a good idea. Cause a "my way or the highway" attitude doesn't particularly create good discussion.

I'm insisting that if people are so damm afraid then don't do what causes you to be marked. I frankly don't care if they add the mode or not, its not the end of the game if you are defeated by stalker (AI or player), its a minor inconvenience. Im not a fan of PVP in a PVE base game (i use Big Ships and Mecha for that itch) but im not bothered by the rare occurrence of a player controlling what is after a certain level just another speed bump on the road to mission complete select another.

The only change i can imagine with a player in control of Stalker is it being more erratic in movement and action and maybe taking longer to kill because of it. Its still going to go down when you hit it with "Meta weapon of the month"