Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Knew Akjagara and Redeemer Were Gonna Be Primed With Mesa?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

While buddies of mine were debating what the weapons would be I’ve figured it would be the Akjagara and Redeemer. Mainly cause I see Mesa holding them. And we haven’t had a Prime gunblade. But they doubted it and looks like I was right. Can’t wait to rub it in their face. 

But right now I’m just curious to know who all guessed the same and what y’all hope would be the results of their stats. Really do hope they come out really good. I have an OP riven for the Redeemer.  

Akjagara prime has been rumored for months. I think based on a tennocon image or something. We thought it would come with chroma prime and so the riven prices jumped up. Turned out false though so the prices began to drop. Looks like they'll pick up again.

Redeemer prime, its my first time hearing of it. A nice surprise.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Akjagara prime has been rumored for months. I think based on a tennocon image or something. We thought it would come with chroma prime and so the riven prices jumped up. Turned out false though so the prices began to drop. Looks like they'll pick up again.

Redeemer prime, its my first time hearing of it. A nice surprise.

Yeah, the Akjagara Prime was teased in an image showcased at one of TennoCon 2018's smaller art panels, I personally wasn't there but that's where I heard it was originally seen.

Mesa Prime and her weapons (Including Regulators Prime) look so damn cool. Can't wait for the 18th.
: )

But yeah, the Redeemer Prime is the obvious pick for our Primed Gunslinger, I just thought it'd be something else.
First Primed Gunblade as well, hopefully it has some generous buffs over the original.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I was hoping for Aksomati prime but that'll likely come late.

Akjagara Prime was apparently shown during the art panel at tennocon this year (I wasn't able to go hence "apparently").

Don't think I saw many people talking about Redeemer Prime before now, talk was mostly focused on frame and primary/ secondary.

Nobody knew, but a lot of people predicted Redeemer Prime. I, however, predicted Sarpa Prime because 1 gun 1 melee was pretty much the pattern for the past several Primes and they've never released two parts of the same weapon bundle so close before. Like, Boltor Prime was one of the earliest primes and Akbolto only got primed with Mirage. Not to mention that there currently isn't any example of a full weapon bundle getting Primed. Until the 18th - the Bladed Weapons bundle is getting fully primed.

So, time to eat my words.

I spent most of the past couple of days talking about the Redeember Prime in fortuna. I did not know for sure, but felt a good feeling. Also I like saying Redeember because apparently that's how I spell it instinctively and it sounds goofy when I read it back to myself.

Eh...  Her passive of increased health with no melee equipt was the main reason I didn't think it would be. 

Would be cool if that passive allowed for gunblades as an exception. 

But.. Redeemers fun was over some time ago Sarpa is relevant for current content and armour stripping, Redeemer prime will need something more than good stats to make it relevant. 

The Sarpa is Titania’s weapon so I seriously doubted that it would be primed with another warframe. The most recent primes have been paired with weapons that suit them or reflect their fighting style. So expecting weapons that came out with say Nidus to be primed with atlas is just... no.

The past warframes and weapons were basically mix ups. DE was basically just throwing things in there. So deciding what would suit them best was anybody’s guess. But quest warframes started coming with their own set of weapons designed specially for them. Such as the Tekko for Atlas. So it is pretty obvious what is likely to be primed with the warframes unless DE decides they want us completely surprised. 

I predicted a heavy blade for chroma prime but forgot that Gram was a heavy blade. It was so weak that I forgot all about it after leveling it up. And after a while I started picturing chroma with a sniper due to the teralyst. 

I saw Mesa holding the redeemer in a mod and the Akjagara were of similar design and it just got me thinking those 2 would be primed. And I was hoping that the Akjagara wouldn’t be because I got rid of an OP riven for it months ago. Nobody wanted it so I transmuted it. 😤😤😤

One thing to keep in mind is most new prime weapons have a new mechanic over previous weapons in some minor way. 

Gram is one exception so far, just a stronger, slower Gelatine. 

Vectis is bolt action and can reload while scoped, Rubicon can not. 

Akjagara is a dual weird burst pistol unlike Sicarus alone. Akjagara is a special weapon I overlooked long ago..  I had thought it was semi auto,  but nope it's burst is so fast it might as well be a shotgun. Considering it has higher accuracy than Vasto on it's stat page, but in action no... We'll have to see if the prime keeps this likeness. 

I do expect more weapons of previous themes as there is only so many, Tekko is just a slash based fist. 

We have no launcher or beam prime weapon for either slot yet. The Name Solo was a fair candidate to be our Machete.. But is our second dual sword instead. 

Wukong and Nezha were initially released in China first, but both here and there with no weapons. We do have a fine selection of Chinese origin weapons to choose from though. Nunchuks, staffs, pole arms, repeating crossbows.. 

Technically Nikana and Spira Prime were released a month or two before their non primes. (In China with Excalibur Umbra Prime) 

I wasn't expecting Sarpa to be primed, it's just hard to see Redeemer Prime be more useful than Sarpa if it ends up only having better stats. It's charge shots are explosive with no impact damage, shattering impact wouldn't work on this.