Jump to content

Am I the only one who thinks Garuda's passive feels out of place based on looks?


(XBOX)WafflyLearner89
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lets be honest here, when Garuda's artwork was first revealed, did anyone really look at her and think "that's definitely a frame that does more damage when close to death"? Ignoring if the passive is good or bad or whatever, does it seem to look like it is for the wrong frame based on looks. 

Image result for garuda

For me, she looked like a frame that could massacre an entire room of enemies like some sort of skilled assassin and come out with maybe a few scratches. She also looked like a frame who would frequently use her claws with her abilities focusing on melee attacks.

 

With that being said, i think it would be more fitting if her passive was a damage multiplier that can be built up by taking damage and would decay overtime. the max multiplier level would be 2.0 (which would equal 200% damage increase) this could allow for synergy and does not get nullified if you have a support warframe on your team (since healing would not affect the decay of the passive)

 

If the passive i suggested does not fit her looks then i would like to hear what passive she should have instead)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you, but on a personal note the whole frame feels like an epic fail to me...well amost epic...The look is the only good thing about it.

As much as i've tried, despite many hours of playing her, i can't really see myself using that frame for anything that doesn't involve a very niche premade party and a survival/defense starting at lvl 150 lmfao...something the average players can find anytime around the corner right ?

1st ability, not so original overall something already seen on volt anyway.

2nd ability : it's fun, it's bloody , it can support the squad too ( if they're willing to hit the healing area )

3rd ability : beautiful look, and that's it, a copy cat of Harrow stripping his shields, Garuda does that with health, un-original, and while Harrow gets multiple benefits from stripping the shields ( healing, reload, fire rate ) she gets energy and call it a day. We want more.

4th ability : read above ^^ ( useful only in real long endurances run, but saryn is more immediate and overall a better utility if we wanna go hard on dealing dmg/debuffing, she's broken as hell i know that and i still wish her spores worked like in the past but amen to that, Pablo's fault lol )

The 4+1 can surely nuke big time but what can i say, it doesn't really do it for me nor my taste, if i had to go long endurances for giggles i'd pick saryn over garuda anytime...or mesa who can even offer some forms of CC if you have positive range with her 2nd ability, and a dmg boost as well..Hell i'd even take ASH i find him more fun to play, and if S#&$ hits the fan his 3rd is instakill with a dagger ...the list could go on cus i'm thinking about another half a dozen of frames i'd take anytime over her actually.

IMO she needs more than what she can offer, she may be fun for some laughs here and there and the nice gory animations but that's it for me.

Of course this is my personal opinion, i understand if other people have found the New Graal of dmg dealers into Garuda, but hey , preferences are preferences what can i say

Edited by arm4geddon-117
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Passive Change you suggested would help much better than her current one. Problem i have with her current Passive is you are more forced to be at low health to gain the most effect of her Passive. That issue dosen't work that well in the higher level since you would be relying on Quick Thinking (which can stagger kill you at that level) and she only got 700+ with Umbral Vitality and Fiber used togther. If you are playing with a Healer, say goodbye to that damage and when you use her two, you would lose it too. So her current one is a mess and since you are using a similar Mechanic but with a Decaying Mechanic, i can see myself using it more often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah i really don't like this passive garuda got. Really jealous of how cool baruuks abilities are. 

My main problem with her is that fact that while they gladly gave him exalted fists that required a lot of new animations, they could not be bothered to give Garuda's talon it's own stance. I originally thought it was because of melee 3.0, but if they can make another exalted weapon, they have no excuse for making  her talons another claw weapon with nothing really unique other than being exclusive to her and some different stats. They didn't even give her a different idle stance with talons out. She looks  a little off using the same dang animations for the other claws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My problem with Garuda's Talons is that they are too damn weak. :^        |

And yeah, IMO she should have passive kinda "more she kills, more dmg/tankiness/w/e she gets" or sth like that, because she gains strenght from enemies's (sss) blood, not from her own DAMMIT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Critiamat said:

My problem with Garuda's Talons is that they are too damn weak. :^        |

And yeah, IMO she should have passive kinda "more she kills, more dmg/tankiness/w/e she gets" or sth like that, because she gains strenght from enemies's (sss) blood, not from her own DAMMIT.

your ideas sound like some good ideas as well, I still would take the stats as is for a unique stance exclusive to Her talons. heck, even a unique idle animation will be good at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally don't think her passive is more out of place than her gameplay. The artwork was obviously an early idea and they moved quite far from it during the development. You can see it by the fact that her signature weapon has no gimmick and is just there as a token of her artwork, they obviously went from melee to caster and are trying to tie both concept together. 

 

On 2018-12-07 at 10:46 PM, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

i think it would be more fitting if her passive was a damage multiplier that can be built up by taking damage and would decay overtime.

She doesn't have the stats nor the kit for that. Her shield is too potent despite its weaknesses, even my double arcane guardian doesn't proc that much because of that fact to the point where I don't even know what arcane to use with her anymore. It would be nice if Arcane Arachne would work when hovering or if Arcane ultimatum would work on ground finisher. 

 

On 2018-12-07 at 11:34 PM, GPrime96 said:

which can stagger kill you at that level

You don't really care about stagger when you have a camera oriented shield. It's pretty much a frame designed to not care about that as long as you think of where you are and what you are against. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

You don't really care about stagger when you have a camera oriented shield. It's pretty much a frame designed to not care about that as long as you think of where you are and what you are against. 

Unless the enemies has brought a Ancient Healer with them. He can counter most of her abilities (1, 2, 4)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my only problem with garuda is the whole mechanic of gaining damage based on how low your health goes, right when i get 70-80% dmg boost i'm on the ground the next couple hits and i just finished modding it with quick thinking and adapt mods to try to maintain my health. otherwise i don't have an issue with the frame as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-12-13 at 7:47 AM, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

my only problem with garuda is the whole mechanic of gaining damage based on how low your health goes, right when i get 70-80% dmg boost i'm on the ground the next couple hits and i just finished modding it with quick thinking and adapt mods to try to maintain my health. otherwise i don't have an issue with the frame as a whole.

Quick thinking is a trash mod, once it becomes relevant (high level/high damage enemies) you’ll get stunned every time you get hit. Which means you’ll get hit as your stunned, causing another stun, and another hit, and so on

 

you basically get stunlocked to death, unless using pain threshold to make the stun shorter, but then you’re giving up 3 whole slots (primes flow, quick thinking and pain threshold) to try and make some use of her passive.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-12-11 at 9:03 AM, GPrime96 said:

Unless the enemies has brought a Ancient Healer with them. He can counter most of her abilities (1, 2, 4)

Bring at least one weapon able to proc Radiation. (Personally, I like the new Tombfinger, but a lot of people run around with Arca Plasmor anyway.)

 

On 2018-12-15 at 4:45 PM, zornyan said:

Quick thinking is a trash mod, once it becomes relevant (high level/high damage enemies) you’ll get stunned every time you get hit. Which means you’ll get hit as your stunned, causing another stun, and another hit, and so on

 

you basically get stunlocked to death, unless using pain threshold to make the stun shorter, but then you’re giving up 3 whole slots (primes flow, quick thinking and pain threshold) to try and make some use of her passive.

Yes, it sucks somewhat, but Adaptation and her shield can at least partially alleviate it.

Pain Threshold isn't even worth equipping imho, you can still get stunlocked to death. Until they improve on that or do something about the stunlocks in the first place, Handspring is strictly superior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Bring at least one weapon able to proc Radiation. (Personally, I like the new Tombfinger, but a lot of people run around with Arca Plasmor anyway.)

 

Yes, it sucks somewhat, but Adaptation and her shield can at least partially alleviate it.

Pain Threshold isn't even worth equipping imho, you can still get stunlocked to death. Until they improve on that or do something about the stunlocks in the first place, Handspring is strictly superior.

See that’s still poor design choice imo, you should have to fit quick thinking to remotely use her passive.

 

simply it should decay at x% per second, so the “synergy” that DE love so much, would be use 3, then jump to an enemy and use 2 to refill, with your 30ish second damage buff.

 

that actually incentivises using her 2 and 3 regularly for the damage bonus, without forcing quick thinking in her limited slot space

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zornyan said:

See that’s still poor design choice imo, you should have to fit quick thinking to remotely use her passive.

 

simply it should decay at x% per second, so the “synergy” that DE love so much, would be use 3, then jump to an enemy and use 2 to refill, with your 30ish second damage buff.

 

that actually incentivises using her 2 and 3 regularly for the damage bonus, without forcing quick thinking in her limited slot space

On the other hand, you don't actually have to make use of her passive. It's up to 100% bonus damage, that's not the world. You could swap out QT for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and play not caring about it and her 3.

Now, I'm not against it getting tweaked, but I don't feel strongly about it, either. I'm also using QT because of how her 2 and 3 let me manage health and energy, and by extension let me have negative efficiency. It's an interesting dynamic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

On the other hand, you don't actually have to make use of her passive. It's up to 100% bonus damage, that's not the world. You could swap out QT for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and play not caring about it and her 3.

Now, I'm not against it getting tweaked, but I don't feel strongly about it, either. I'm also using QT because of how her 2 and 3 let me manage health and energy, and by extension let me have negative efficiency. It's an interesting dynamic.

The problem is I feel I never need to use her 2/3

currently have double Magnus elevate and double guardian with zenurik, so every time I jump into operator I get max health and constant energy regen

 

im never at low energy due to zenurik, and it’s far quicker to tap 5 twice to heal fully than use her 2 for tick healing.

 

least with oberon it makes sense to heal with his 3 and it provides armor with his 2, or trinity and bless for example

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zornyan said:

currently have double Magnus elevate and double guardian with zenurik, so every time I jump into operator I get max health and constant energy regen

Since you have that, you don’t need any Frame that would give the team Health/Energy Regen. So that’s the main issue, not Garuda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Since you have that, you don’t need any Frame that would give the team Health/Energy Regen. So that’s the main issue, not Garuda.

Like I said, there’s actually reasons to use other frames style of healing

 

75% DR from bless trin

armor buff and Phoenix renewal from oberon

damage buff and energy and health orbs (health conversion) nezha

equilibrium on my desecrate nekros

maggot explosions and soft CC from nidus

 

basically, these frames offer more than just a “heal” they have some great side effects, so I never use my Magnus Elevate with them, because they offer more.

 

not to mention her 2s radius is absolutely tiny even with stretch equipped, so it’s not really a team heal like most of the others listed above

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zornyan said:

Like I said, there’s actually reasons to use other frames style of healing

75% DR from bless trin

armor buff and Phoenix renewal from oberon

damage buff and energy and health orbs (health conversion) nezha

equilibrium on my desecrate nekros

maggot explosions and soft CC from nidus

With Zenurik, you would only need Oberon and Nidus. Nezha, Nekros, and Trinity gives the Team and you Energy in different Ways (which is what Zenurik can do also with energizing dash). So you only have those two for full access of their abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

With Zenurik, you would only need Oberon and Nidus. Nezha, Nekros, and Trinity gives the Team and you Energy in different Ways (which is what Zenurik can do also with energizing dash). So you only have those two for full access of their abilities.

I’m not sure what you mean by that? 

 

I use all those frames regularly, even with zenurik all their abilities are good, because they have side effects, or are support for the whole team (where as Garuda is for herself)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, zornyan said:

I’m not sure what you mean by that? 

 

I use all those frames regularly, even with zenurik all their abilities are good, because they have side effects, or are support for the whole team. 

Who need Zenurik when i can press 2 as Trinity, 3 as Nekros, and 1,4,2 as Nezha? That’s what i mean. It’s like how Garuda’s damage buff is currently (Counter Synergy basically).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Who need Zenurik when i can press 2 as Trinity, 3 as Nekros, and 1,4,2 as Nezha? That’s what i mean. It’s like how Garuda’s damage buff is currently (Counter Synergy basically).

I think you missed my point.

 

ok how about this

 

if you take zenurik and some arcanes, you’ll never use garudas 2/3, they only work on YOU, and it’s more effort to do that, than use operator/arcanes, arcanes do her own job better than her (heal faster for example)

 

if you do the same with any of the above mentioned frames, there’s side effects of their heals and energy restores, so they’re abilities are better than the arcanes, meaning you could use another school/arcane without being at a disadvantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zornyan said:

I think you missed my point.

 

ok how about this

 

if you take zenurik and some arcanes, you’ll never use garudas 2/3, they only work on YOU, and it’s more effort to do that, than use operator/arcanes, arcanes do her own job better than her (heal faster for example)

 

if you do the same with any of the above mentioned frames, there’s side effects of their heals and energy restores, so they’re abilities are better than the arcanes, meaning you could use another school/arcane without being at a disadvantage.

Her 2/3 combo is only for you if you are using her Energy Gain (since her energy gain is a self buff). If are using Narrow Minded, her two becomes a selfish buff. Her Blood Alter got a base range of 8 Meters if you have 145% range, you would have 11.6 meters. Only time i can see that being a selfish rane if you run away from your teammates. Her blood alter’s regen can become faster when you have more than one active. Staticor’s radius is 8 meters just for comparison. Also for the effort, that dosen’t matter that much in this game unless you like being Meta.

Btw, i use Madurai on Garuda so the scaling i have with her wouldn’t be the same as yours and uses Natural Talent (i would be fine without it but it’s a extra boost in cast speed which helps in Solo Survival runs).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...